It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ads Support Top Job For Arnie.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   

CALIFORNIANS will soon see advertisements urging them to help give Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger and other foreign-born citizens the chance to run for president.

The cable TV ads, set to begin running tomorrow, are from a Silicon Valley-based group that wants to amend the US Constitution, which limits the presidency to people born in the US. Mr Schwarzenegger was born in Austria but became a US citizen in 1983.

Mr Schwarzenegger has previously said that foreigners who have been in the US for at least 20 years should be able to run for president. "Look at the kind of contribution that people like Henry Kissinger have made," he said.

www.news.com.au...

I can just imagine his wifes reaction

Sanc'.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Too funny

I live in Kali-Fornia and voted for the governator. He has been quite a force since elected too. However I am opposed to modifiying the constitution for this. Yes he is well like and popular, but this is too trivial a detail to amment the constitution for.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
He has been quite a force since elected too. However I am opposed to modifiying the constitution for this. Yes he is well like and popular, but this is too trivial a detail to ammend the constitution for.

Agreed ... aside from what the opening of a Constitutional Convention would allow the members of the House and Senate to do to us.

Now wasn't Arnold father in the SS? DO apples fall far from the tree?

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chuck Stevenson
Now wasn't Arnold father in the SS? DO apples fall far from the tree?

No...Prescot Bush...is a greate example...But it is unfair to generalise..of course..Bin Laden turned against his family for example.

[edit on 14-11-2004 by Kollapse]

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
No, No, No, while I absolutely love Arnold, this is the wrong move. This will open the doors for foreign domination and control.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
No, No, No, while I absolutely love Arnold, this is the wrong move. This will open the doors for foreign domination and control.

I dont think the puppetmasters will let that happen, dont you worry.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I found a site that supports this and are also funding the ads. I started a thread on it before I found this one. Arnold for president Yeah right, NEVER!!!!

[edit on 14-11-2004 by jmilici]

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I agree with no constitutional changes.

I just can't help but have this stuff come to mind when I think of arnold running any part of out country.

Arnold talks about sex in a Magazine:

Pics of our next President

Arnold wisdom at BOTTOM OF PAGE

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Yes!

Let's change the US constitution to support the ambitions of Arnie the Governator!

And change the title of Bruce Springsteen's most patriotic album to "Born Outside The USA".

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
his father was a NAZI(oops, i said the 'n' word).
he has stated his admiration for DICTATORS because they started with nothing, and ended up with everything.

remember his last flick? "rise of the MACHINES". prophetic, no?

(reposted from closed thread because i like simple truths to self replicate.)

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Arnie needs to have a talk with Bill. If he runs for president, every woman he every touched will come out in force. Damn I liked those movies he played in, Oh Well!
It's inconcievable that after all the bickering about amending gun laws protected by the contitution that they now want to mess with all the sacred laws that protect foriegn interests from running this country.

Here's my vote NO for everyone to see, no black box vote!

[edit on 14-11-2004 by AlabamaCajun]

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Hey does anyone remember in the Demolition Man staring Wesley Snipes, Sylvester Stallone and Sandra Bullock?

After Stallone is reanimated into the future he goes to Sandra Bullocks apartment and discovers that Arnold becomes president due to some modifications in the constitution.

Who needs John Titor when you have Sandra Bullock?

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I hate to double post, but apparently these are refered to as the 'Demolition Man prophecies'. I found this message on the IMDB boards.

Demolition Man Prophecies coming TRUE?!?!?!
by - EddieC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At one point, John Spartan and Lenina Huxley are driving along and Spartan asks what that building is.

The answer is "That is the Arnold Schwarzenegger Presidential Library. After his popularity as Governor of California, the Constitution was amended to allow foreign born people to be elected President."

So... Was THIS the movie that helped Arnold decide to run for Governor?!

On a related note, a Senator has recently begun lobbying to repeal the ammendment that prohibits foreign born citizens to be elected President...

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Only people who are born & raised in the U.S. should be allowed to run for U.S. President. Period.

I'd like to say the same of all members of the U.S. Congress, and U.S. Supreme Court...

Allowing foreigners to run a country is a recipe for the destruction of that country. If Arnold Schwarzenegger wants to be President of a country, he should go run for President/Prime Minister of Austria.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Alex Jones of Prisonplanet.com has been saying for the past year that
the Terminator will be pushed into Whitehouse I think they are just planting the seed in our heads that this is a good thing.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Thats all this country needs now- The thunderous voice of Arnold, telling de peopel dont vote for de girleymen, vote for me!
I wouldnt give this pretentious oversized iron pumper my little vote. Of course, that wont matter. It hasnt mattered since 2000. Not with the new voting machines and the power they hold.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Stalin said its not the voters who have the power its the people who count the votes that do.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I think the Constitution needs to remain as it is when it comes to the qualifications for the Presidency. Maria Shriver says that even if the Constitution is changed, it will not benefit Arnold.

Maria Shriver: Schwarzenegger Won't Be President

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) -
California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger's wife, Maria Shriver, says America may someday amend the U.S. Constitution and elect a foreign-born president -- but it won't be her husband.

"Forget about it. It is not going to happen. The process takes years, and this is as far as it goes," Shriver, the niece of former President John F. Kennedy, told Vanity Fair magazine amid talk of amending the Constitution to allow the Austrian-born film star to run for president.

www.reuters.com...

[edit on 04/12/2 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I refuse to believe that conservatives can be so consentual to amending an ACTUALLY important law, that of the presidency, whereas they can be so closed-minded towards allowing gay marriages.

I honestly don't think that this is going to happen, and here's why...

I'm going out on a limb here, so I'll try not to step on anyone's toes.

There is a very traditional view among several conservatives and conservative groups in America...and that is that immigration is diluting the American spirit. I cannot comprehend that people who believe this (These are the people whom Schwarzenegger would be looking to for support, mind you) could ever elect a foreigner as President of the US.

Anything is possible, though. The way the conservative mind works is a complete mystery to me.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Loki
I refuse to believe that conservatives can be so consentual to amending an ACTUALLY important law, that of the presidency, whereas they can be so closed-minded towards allowing gay marriages.

Anything is possible, though. The way the conservative mind works is a complete mystery to me.

the liberal mind works by observation and denial. simply don't believe things are right, and then sit and hope that things change. maybe go wave a sign. certainly, the key is faith in your fellow man's good conscience and the power of karma.

the conservative mind works by cognitive dissonance. actual events in the real world need only roughly match the party line, which can be changed at anytime using tried and true rhetoric bombarment campaigns. it will be a simple job to convince the cons that they need the 'powerful leadership skills' of awnold. the key here is trust in 'the system'(even when the system is being gutted and remodelled).

top topics

join