It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone real experience with "manifesting" and the law of attraction?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by eccentriclady

An experience I had with LOA and manifesting.

I was completely smitten with beautiful exotic Asian beauty and I am a balding, myopic, semi unattractive male.
I visualized us being together as lovers and friends and after about 2 weeks of the practice of LOA it happened.
A connection was made including sex, social interaction with others and what I thought was a friendship.

Wrong!!!

A completely toxic relationship developed that almost destroyed me emotionally, socially and professionally.

another song reference...."You can't judge a book by looking at the Cover" Bo Diddley

Use these techniques with the utmost of discretion!!!

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I am not in the position to offer spiritual advice. What I will say is this:

Many times in life something great happens and as another poster said "ride the high". Sooner or later that high will become a low, it doesn't matter how much focus you place on LOA, in my opinion. That said, when people start seeing a series of highs, one after the other, I would say it is reasonable to consider LOA. Because when something goes good you mind set becomes postive therefore you attract more positive.

This world is enveloped with evil, so even the greatest of intentions can be overshadowed by the evil that lurks. Again, in my opinion.

Good luck and I pray you find the answers you seek.
edit on 31-10-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Remember, you can use LOA to help manifest things for others as well. My gf had been trying to get a transfer from one city to another for months and was getting nowhere. I didn't think much of it until one day I made a point of focusing on this one thing for her. Later that week one of her bosses wanted her to meet for lunch, it was then that she found out she was getting her transfer.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   

MysterX
reply to post by NoRulesAllowed

Yes, i have.

I've posted about my experience with the LOA several times on here, so i won't bother going through it all again.

Suffice to say, i've done it twice and twice i got exactly what i asked for each within a couple of weeks of asking (after years of trying to get what i wanted without using the LOA)

Could it be two very odd coincidences? It's possible.

Do i think it actually is coincidence, given the variables and history of trying to get what i asked for?

Not a chance.

IT works..but you best make sure you really want what you are *politely* requesting, because the chances are, you'll get it. Unfortunately, if you are fixated or constantly thinking obsessively about something negative (worried about a relationship breakdown, lack of money, health worries etc. etc.) that can ALSO be attracted toward you, as well as the good.

MysterX, can you post a link to your LOA experiences?

I couldn't find anything in your posts & threads. Maybe I didn't look correctly.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Logarock
Some time back I needed a part of a certain idem. Had to order it from the manufacturer. Didn't even consider any other way as there simply wasnt one.

So I cashed my check and was on my way to the Post Office to buy a money order, mail order ect ect.

On the way I saw an auction taking place at a home. Never been to one. Stopped in, looked around, and there in the house was a complete unit including the part I needed. For far less than the new part this unit also had several accessories that my unit didn't have.

I call that the law of looking out for my azz. The scary thing is considering all the time and place factors that had to be manipulated just to make it happen. Its easy to call that a happenstance but I just cant bring my self to do it.

I would call that a genuine manifestation story too.
It's funny how things show up, often without any real effort.

This is the way things happen for those who get really good at manifesting. They don't have to go thru any of the rituals: writing lists, affirmations, visualization, meditation, lucid dream work, etc.

Things just happen in such a natural way, it looks like a "coincidence."

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Rosinitiate
I am not in the position to offer spiritual advice. What I will say is this:

Many times in life something great happens and as another poster said "ride the high". Sooner or later that high will become a low, it doesn't matter how much focus you place on LOA, in my opinion.

There are people who have learned to shorten the lows.
They know the "tricks" to change their moods.

That said, when people start seeing a series of highs, one after the other, I would say it is reasonable to consider LOA. Because when something goes good you mind set becomes postive therefore you attract more positive.

That's true, when you're buzzing on carefree happiness it's the best time to focus on those things you want.

This world is enveloped with evil, so even the greatest of intentions can be overshadowed by the evil that lurks. Again, in my opinion.

It's true that the manifest world is the realm of duality, so there's always the shadow side to deal with. The problem of Evil is not a simple one.

Obviously, some people have more challenging karma to deal with than others.

One of the things that really annoyed me about Esther Hicks -"Abraham" is that she said there was "no such thing as karma."

What an absurdity, that's like saying there are no consequences to one's thoughts, feelings, and actions. Of course, there are consequences. It's called karma.

Can karmic effects be mitigated or changed. Yes.

edit on 1-11-2013 by midnightstars because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   

QuietSpeech
reply to post by olaru12

Remember, you can use LOA to help manifest things for others as well. My gf had been trying to get a transfer from one city to another for months and was getting nowhere. I didn't think much of it until one day I made a point of focusing on this one thing for her. Later that week one of her bosses wanted her to meet for lunch, it was then that she found out she was getting her transfer.

That's true, but helping others to manifest is not as straightforward as manifesting for oneself. It's not usually recommended for "manifestation beginners."

There can be tricky moral & ethical questions involved.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by midnightstars

Can't find the posts myself either, searched for around half an hour and no luck.

Basically, my wife and I were trying and failing at starting a family.

Dissapointment month after month for over 3 years gets increasingly depressing.

One night i thought i'd try the 'law of attraction' thing i'd seen and read about a short while beforehand, thinking i had nothing to lose, except a little self respect if nothing happened.

Sat quietly one night after my wife had gone to bed, looking out at the stars and pictured the 'Universe' in my mind's eye.

I asked politely, in a whisper, if we could have a family, we'd be the best parents we could possibly be and concentrated on the mental images that came of holding our baby and being grateful for a family.

Two weeks later...we were pregnant with our Son.

After around a year, we wanted another child to accompany our Son, and again we went through years of trying to conceive a child, two years this time though not three.

Again, i asked the Universe for an addition to our family to be granted to us if we are being good parents that i had promised we'd endevour to be.

And again, two weels later we discovered we were again pregnant with our second Son.

A total of over 5 years trying to conceive children, and nothing happened. A combined total of a single month went by after appealing to the Universe (LOA) and we had 2 pregnancies.

People can think what they want, they can agaonise over how unscientific and implausible it all is, that's their affair...i know exactly what i know about the LOA, and that is twice i have attempted it and twice it has worked out perfectly.

And my eldest is now almost 8 years old and his little brother 5, and as bright as buttons and happy as can be.

Thanks Universe.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   

MysterX

Can't find the posts myself either, searched for around half an hour and no luck.

Basically, my wife and I were trying and failing at starting a family.

Dissapointment month after month for over 3 years gets increasingly depressing.

One night i thought i'd try the 'law of attraction' thing i'd seen and read about a short while beforehand, thinking i had nothing to lose, except a little self respect if nothing happened.

Sat quietly one night after my wife had gone to bed, looking out at the stars and pictured the 'Universe' in my mind's eye.

I asked politely, in a whisper, if we could have a family, we'd be the best parents we could possibly be and concentrated on the mental images that came of holding our baby and being grateful for a family.

Two weeks later...we were pregnant with our Son.

After around a year, we wanted another child to accompany our Son, and again we went through years of trying to conceive a child, two years this time though not three.

Again, i asked the Universe for an addition to our family to be granted to us if we are being good parents that i had promised we'd endevour to be.

And again, two weels later we discovered we were again pregnant with our second Son.

A total of over 5 years trying to conceive children, and nothing happened. A combined total of a single month went by after appealing to the Universe (LOA) and we had 2 pregnancies.

People can think what they want, they can agaonise over how unscientific and implausible it all is, that's their affair...i know exactly what i know about the LOA, and that is twice i have attempted it and twice it has worked out perfectly.

And my eldest is now almost 8 years old and his little brother 5, and as bright as buttons and happy as can be.

Thanks Universe.

Thank you for re-telling your story here.

Lovely stories of manifestation!

Do you feel quilty asking for "material things"?

A lot of people do.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I don't know if this counts, but:
While intoxicated, I once tried to hit on a girl in a bar
I got what was coming to me from a a third party.

edit on 1-11-2013 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

That is so true, its what blocks me so much in this process. For at times it just flows out and results happen, but then wonder, are we meant to ask for us at all! Easier to ask for another than self. But I believe we're supposed to be balanced, and abundance to flow through to others is a happy thought and this world is far to sad and torturous and suffering, as if its a virtue, when its just being a ritual sacrifice to the mismanagers and archons. So if one was working on themselves and giving more then havin intentions to not give this to the archons to manifest, but To Love and Goodness only, and for the good of all, abundance and happiness for all, wonder if that is a freeing thought.

I prayed about this a few years ago, worried maybe we're not supposed to even try this, and saw a woman angel in my minds eye, then saw an image of baby birds being fed by their mother. And I was asked, do you want to be fed always or do you want to grow up (implication, and help us).

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Unity_99

That is so true, its what blocks me so much in this process. For at times it just flows out and results happen, but then wonder, are we meant to ask for us at all! Easier to ask for another than self.

Why would it be easier to ask for another than yourself?
Were you one of these people programmed to constantly self-sacrifice? That's not a healthy thing in my book.

Don't you believe you deserve the good in life?

The problem with asking for others is that it can be invasive.
Unless you know that person well, and know what that person really wants. Asking for someone else can turn into a form of domination.

Or it can interfere with something the person has to go thru.
Maybe the person is ready to leave this incarnation, etc.

If you're going to ask for another, the request should be qualified "If this be the best for this soul and harm none."

But I believe we're supposed to be balanced, and abundance to flow through to others is a happy thought and this world is far to sad and torturous and suffering, as if its a virtue, when its just being a ritual sacrifice to the mismanagers and archons.

So if one was working on themselves and giving more then havin intentions to not give this to the archons to manifest, but To Love and Goodness only, and for the good of all, abundance and happiness for all, wonder if that is a freeing thought.

We all have the power to bless. So we shouldn't be afraid to ask for general good fortune ("abundance & happiness") for others.

What I would caution against is ritualizing the request for others (especially when you don't know the person well and the request isn't really about what's good for the other person, but is about serving your own desires).

As an example, let's say you want your boyfriend to move closer to you. There's nothing wrong with lightly wishing that your boyfriend move closer to you.

But when you ritualize the wish, you start doing specific things (writing the request down repeatedly, creating a sigil, chanting an affirmation daily, using visualization & lucid dreaming, etc.) to FORCE a particular outcome that involves someone else, I'm not comfortable with that. That's domination, or forcing someone to do your will. Not good.

Don't get me wrong. I have no qualms about using rituals for oneself, as long as the end doesn't force something on someone else.

I prayed about this a few years ago, worried maybe we're not supposed to even try this, and saw a woman angel in my minds eye, then saw an image of baby birds being fed by their mother. And I was asked, do you want to be fed always or do you want to grow up (implication, and help us).

If I'm understanding you correctly, you're saying that if you have, you also have the power to give.

That's right. If you've developed your power to get what you need, you have also developed your power to help others.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Manifested a lunch for myself today. Yesterday I went into a grocery store and was going to pick up a pre-made deli sandwich, which I was going to take to lunch. But they were out of the kind I wanted, and I was dissapointed. I went home and decided that the next day I'd just pick up a burrito or burger for lunch.

The next day (today), I was just about ready to leave for lunch when a co-worker appeared with just the kind of deli sandwich I was unable to get the previous night. It's a large sandwich, and he was only going to eat half of it, so he offered me the other half. My "wish came true."

This was the first time the co-worker had bought that kind of sandwich. He originally intended to eat the whole thing. We had not communicated about it in any way.

It's a small thing, but illustrative of the process. Wanting something almost "subliminally" and against high odds having it appear soon thereafter.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I've watched Ester Hicks videos, and even took notes on them, writing down some of her positive flow words. I liked Morningmayan's frequency videos, though she took some of them off.

What I found in both is not so much the wish, but what you feel about your goals, we have a lot of resistance to them. What you feel about waking up to your co-creational mind state? I have a lot of resistance.

And very important is reaching Higher Mind/Frequency/Positive state. I'm not sure when one is reaching for that positive Higher Mind, state where ideas and inspirations come and you're in perfect timing, and positive solutions flow through you, that we attend status symbols. But I do include the concept of abundance in, and abundance flowing out, money in and being able to have the resources your family needs, services if there are health issues, and flow it out to help community and friends. That the elite don't have the handle on success, we all can, but in a win/win or flow out to others method.

So, there are lot of areas where we have resistance.

There are my resistance spots that I'm clearing out:

1. Is something with dark wings up there, granting your prayers and bringing in some of your wishes? Someone who thinks you owe them in the end?

My answer, our conscious mind is not only a box, but also is a protective shield, so their invisible contracts are null and void and they're just a crook trying to break into your home and need to be arrested.

What I truly see is that we are using our own Mind/Spirit, growing and expanding our soul/spirit, and these are our gifts and abilities, and that when we're higher frequency, Source/Tao/God/Goodness/Love flows through to assist as well, for Positive Progression is not lone wolf dark side path. We do it Teamwork style, but our own Higher Self, Soul and Good Family doesn't step in always when you have work to do yourself.

So, no permissions are given to dark wings up there to assist! Its about us growing these skills.

2. The biggest focus should be on what Esther talks about alot, that is raising frequency, now that seeking with intent and mind, to see more, uncover flaws and correct them, think of others (this is more my 2 bits about how you do that than hers) but also thinking positive thoughts , waking up with this. She likes to "milk" shorter steps to saying: peace, love, gratitude, abundance, and talk yourself into a path of no resistance about what you really love, what you have gratitude for, and what abundance means to you flowing in.

Well, you could stay in the raise frequency step always. For example, attempting to grow to higher mind is the goal on earth, that Christ be formed within us.

In this way, if your goal is to stay for longer and longer periods of time in a positive higher mind frequency, with positive thoughts and solutions flowing to you, resources flowing to you and through you to others, and that goals that come, inspirations and ideas are easily lifted off because you have the resources, means and teamwork even at times, to do so.

This is a positive state to be in, and even more important than wanting a red ferrari, because you are still seeking within for direction, wanting to be in allignment with your Higher Mind/Self soul and for the Good of All, you're not really seeking things that are traps and likely to bring you in allignment with the world though some things, such as funding/money, and home/safety, transportation/vehicles are needed in this world, and its not about burying your head in the sand but being open to your Good and solutions and being mindful of others and their needs and showing the way.

So the Higher Frequency state where ideas come readily and where you can see resources flowing in and assisting you and flowing out and assisting others, is probably more important than the red ferrari.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
To me its getting right with your beliefs. What I believe in:

1. That we are a small part of our infinite selves in tests, or practicums, to grow and learn. More of a master test in a sense, for after learning, you are in a free for all seemingly plane without memory to see what is inside yourself and to overcome the shadow or flaws. There are many who sold out themselves and their own soul skills and took short cuts to domination that has created a rather negative seeming realm, but it doesnt have to be like that as one by one, even in unity with others from time to time, we clear out the programs and start to picture what this can be, with a focus on others and their wins. Because thats what some of the tests are. Logic tells us we wouldn't leave empowerment and wonderful places and come here if it was about us, we already had that, its about how we Love not how powerful we are.

2. That we're not alone and have a wonderful Team/Family assisting. This kind of realm need bungee cord. But, we still have work that is left to us, and its facilitating that within by mindfulness, conscious awareness of your day, paying attention, and seeking to correct flaws that keep groundhog day mishaps, or arguments even, or blocks to success occurring, or to see what your health problems are showing for example. Its working with whats around you.

3. That we want to be on mission, or task and clear out the programs and negative and achieve that Higher Mind. In that place, we can activate or reach and draw out the higher portions in others, and nudge those around us to join us in a higher place. Without huge discussions about it. It starts to flow.

4. That Christ and the greatest teachers were teaching this.

So the real goal is to reach higher mind and be open to goals and to see some of the goals your family needs being met, such as living conditions, transportation, abundance flowing in.

I think the real work is clearing out programs and beliefs and trying to be open and helpful to others and self.

So if you have money problems, seeing yourself in Higher State and feeling prosperous and really fine tuning inspirational ideas and action steps in that state. And being ready for the events that can change around you, its like changing your luck.

And also, if you struggle with words, then you're reaching higher state and you might have a secret wish to get good at communicating with others, to speak up in some community group and that might start to flow in.

But you're not giving power away to something other than your Soul/Source, to bring this in. Its about you growing up.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I have many stories of manifestation that still to this day I question and of course have theories or reasons as to why.

But how about I share a story my late grandfather told me about manifestation.

It was a curious and inquisitive time for my young self, about 6th grade. I had become fascinated with the powers of the mind and parapsychology. I would barrage my grandfather with all questions of the universe, mainly things like who created god? And what was around or before the big bang.

Anyways he was telling me how the mind is a powerful tool if used properly. I said could you make things move with your mind? He said yes and eluded to some trippy fantasy like way. I kept asking how?, repeatedly until he gave me an example many years back that happened to him.

In the 70s my grandfather worked for the airlines and had a house, wife and 6 kids so he was basically tied down and strapped for cash at these times. He had for years wanted a particular watch. Not just the brand but the exact material and design. I can't recall the brand but it was up there with something like a rolex. So after reading books about the mind, both from american and russian authors he decided to try something out.

He would get into a meditative or trance like state and envision the particular watch in his hand. He would imagine holding it, noting it's heaviness and observing its luster. He would impart emotions or beliefs onto the fantasy. He would feel as if it was his in his hand and he was holding it and had possession of it. He reinforced this often always accepting he had it and was his.

About 3 or 4 months later he was getting a ride home from work with a coworker and the coworker opened up the glovebox and said to my grandfather "Here". My grandfather was shocked but played it cool and asked if he was serious about giving him this particular watch. The guy replied "yeah I don't want this in here, I was cleaning out my car and noticed it. The only other person who uses this car is my wife". This guy who gave the watch to my grandfather never wore a watch and just wanted any reminder of his wifes action out of the car.

So did my grandfather influence the action of the wife and lover? Did he influence the person to leave it behind carelessly? I mean you can ask a bunch of questions but is quite interesting to think about.

edit on 19-8-2014 by kodasaufa because: ...

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I just want to add something that came to me today about this, and it's via watching some of Esther's videos, she does have a way. Not that I cling to every idea.

Example of my own belief and definement of what is taking place. I don't give my wishes out to the Universe to Manifest. The Universe is a pretty big placer perceptionally speaking, and a duality at that. We're the ones trying to take our training wheels off and allign with Higher Love frequency of Source and our own Soul, (outside this duality) and our Family is Loving, Kind and not Ego based, humble of heart. But we still need some balance here as well, and to be in the right place with others too to reach them on different levels, and nudge higher levels in others. Or stand out of the way of Source/God and facilitate that being done by being of Good Heart and Clearing out the problems and having that Belief and Faith.

So, as we work through our issues, and our belief system and what we love, we also work through our blocks and resistance to positive envisioning co-creating or growing up more.

We can overcome our "wobble", ever wonder why earth's rotation has this big wobble in it? We have the wobble in us.

Saying we wish to be healthy and in the moment and flow help out to others, but then sharing how bad we feel today, and how nothing seems to work out.

Thats quite a big a big wobble. (Esther brought up the wobble and I understood what she meant).

So, I am practicing saying, instead of "I don't have the resources to help each child grow their talents and do things they are happy doing", would be, " I love that I am open to Goodness and Trust in Love to flow what we need and that I'm ready to uncover what my children want in their lives that are positive and will grow their skills and spirit more, and that there is Love and Support in our world and community from Source and the Higher Energies that brings this in with perfect timing. I love that I am ready, that ideas and actions flow, that health flows, that resources flow into our lives and I love that my job is to reach the sanity of Higher Mind and find actions that support that."

For example, and by the way. It seems this is where I am, not making that lottery ticket win yet.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I love Mike Dooley. I have one of his "notes from the Universe" books. Great stuff.

I have an Esther Hicks/Abraham book on the Law of Attraction. I think it's basically called "The Law of Attraction"! LOL

and of course I have a copy of the secret...book (not so good) Movie (original with Hicks in it.) Brilliant!

I've had things just seem to happen for seemingly no reason. Not magic, but all of a sudden things just happen that pave the way.

My motorcycle. So many things kept conspiring to take all my hard earned money. Good things, like new houses and such but I could never get enough money to afford a motorcycle. Thru LOA and visualizing and all the tools....suddenly the money appeared...then the first bike I looked at was the one I got. They way to transport it to my house was just opened to me as well. Was amazing.

My business. All of a sudden the Investor just appeared and BAM I had the money to open my business.

Many other things keep happening but I really do believe in the Law of Attraction. There is no concrete proof, just like there is no concrete proof of God or anything of that sort but...I believe.

I take these steps.

Vision Board/Daily affirmations/Reading LOA/Revisiting the Secret/Meditiation- usually just a minute or two per day. and I "get ready to recieve" for example

Before I got my motorcycle. I took the class. Got my license. Got my helmet. Got my gloves. Got my boots. Got my jacket. Cleared room in my garage. Took the class again. Bought multiple motorcycle magazines. Watched movies about motorcycles. I was ready to receive. Took me several years but I had everything I needed and acted when the opportunity presented itself.

Now Imagine what I could accomplish if I meditated for hours every day...looked at my vision board every day...did my affirmations every day...read a few pages of an LOA book every day...prepared to receive everything I want the way I prepared for my motorcycle....Imagine what I would have!

Hmmmmm

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Many people confuse the "law of attraction" with some miraculous force that can spawn anything you think about. People looking for an instant gratification of material objects will find themselves failing time and time again for good reason.

It's more like keeping a positive mindset to have positive things happen around you. That isn't to say you don't have to put in any work. For example: Say you want a new promotion at work, you must erase all doubts of it being unobtainable and see yourself in that position. Then you must continue to carry the mentality of you having that promotion. MOST IMPORTANTLY: You have to make legitimate work towards achieving your goals, your state of mind on the subject will merely smooth the road out a good deal. Ultimately, you still must do the work of traveling it.

posted on Feb, 17 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I believe you . The funny thing is if you told this to some people, they would not believe you. I have these things happen a lot. I feel it is because I know our Creator. I always have what I need , and I do not really work much at all. People do not understand it. They think I am a prostitute. But I am not! I ask, believe, receive. But not just to the Universe . I am a Christian. I pray in Jesus name to my Creator. But whatever you thinketh , there you are , says the bible. LOA is real!!!But it is not magic. Magic is actually asking forces in the universe to do your bidding. It can be somewhat dangerous because you never know if the forces have your best interests at heart. Our Creator does. All spiritual beings are not necessarily nice. Some are, but some may actually very malicious. I like to know what spirits are on my side. I use my thoughts to create my world, but i know that when I look for my ' Source", that I am specific as to who that source is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join