It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Are Preparing for Possible Pandemic Spread of New Bird Flu Strain

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

In general, I agree with you. My concern is that we are causing rapid environmental change, thus accelerating the evolutionary process and so, creating a plethora of new diseases. Artificial stress with unreliable results - the culling may not be optimal this time around.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Yes very true. One only has to look at the likes of Monsanto and their totally irresponsible use of GM crops without realising the long term impact such crops will have on the environment. It is not good.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I did a keyword search for "Honey" and nothing came up?

Why?

Bee's Honey: Most Potent Medicine, Biggest Cover Up in Medical History

Why does the pharma-corps get away with senseless fear mongering so easily?
Did you know they secretly use this when all of their pharma-corp solutions fail?

I could go on but it's pointless, just Google "Honey Bird Flu Treatment" or similar keyword searches, I was getting millions of hits.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I just searched "honey + medicine" and got over 48 million leads. This first up:

Medicinal Uses of Honey: What researchers are learning about honey's possible health benefits.

Honey has a long medicinal history. The ancient Egyptians not only made offerings of honey to their gods, they also used it as an embalming fluid and a dressing for wounds. On that last point, at least, they were on to something.

Today, many people swarm to honey for its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Holistic practitioners consider it one of nature's best all-around remedies.

...Never Give Honey to an Infant [ed., risk of botulism]

...In the laboratory, honey has been shown to hamper the growth of food-borne pathogens such as E. coli and salmonella, and to fight certain bacteria, including Staphylococcus aureus and Pseudomonas aeruginosa, both of which are common in hospitals and doctors' offices. But whether it does the same in people hasn't been proven.

Shop for honey and you'll see that some are lighter, others are darker. In general, the darker the honey, the better its antibacterial and antioxidant power.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Sadly while that is true, US bees are now contaminated with GMOs, our organic honey is tampered with due to that fact.

I just purchased yesterday my first jar of Manuka honey from New Zealand and Is so different from the honey we are soo used to here in the US and the texture, color and taste is off the chart, this honey due to bees feeding from the Manuka bush makes it unique, and GMOs has not infected them yet.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Are you comparing ice baths to miracle mineral solution which has fixed hundreds of thousands of people with life threatening diseases all over the world suffering from Malaria and or HIV?

edit on 21-9-2013 by StopThaZionistWorldOrder because: typo

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by StopThaZionistWorldOrder

Erm. No. That was a segue. What I said was "Lots of people swear by their natural preventions and treatments. Me too. Also, the cytokine storm and huge inflammatory response caused by these new flu's makes me wonder about the ice bath fetish in The Secret Garden. Maybe they were on to something with that one. ....Thanks for posting."

That said, I don't believe in any kind of miracle cure - the "secret" is wholistic, meaning there are a whole lotta bases to cover.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

mrsdudara
You know, pandemics are not a new thing. They have thinned all animal species including humans since... well, i don't think I've read about a time where it didn't happen. Oddly enough there is one group of people that seemed to withstand the pandemics. Jews. Now, I'm not one, I happen to be Catholic. The point I'm getting at is they (and a lot of Catholics) have strict cleanliness rules. Wash your hands, tend to your food in a sanitary manner, change your sheets once a week, bathe, eat food that is clean and good for you. When you keep your body nourished, and clean its amazing what your immune system can defeat.

Research I've seen shows that it's a compromise between exposure to microorganisms/viruses and cleanliness. Too much cleanliness early in life leads to a person who has a weak immune system. However, during the flu seasons or during an outbreak, it's wise to use cleanliness as a defense. And we know that many diseases and pathogens spread in the middle ages due to the inadequate sanitation and weak pest control and the high population concentration in the cities. I think the key is to have a proper amount of sanitation and more at the right moments, but not too much. Our immune system, especially early in life, has to be trained and so it has to be exposed. In fact, this is the logic for the flu vaccination. It actually exposes the immune system to inactive viruses to train it, though It only works for that particular strain and sometimes the exposure is not stong enough for the immune system to "remember" it.
edit on 22-9-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Isn't the honey you buy in the US also watered down with corn syrup?
This is why I have my own hives

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Dominicus
they're preparing cause they're the ones that will be spreading it, followed by thousand dollar vaccine shots

pop control

I don't know about "thousand dollar vaccine shots," it seems like an unnecessary step that would inflame people. Just taint the "vaccine" with the virus itself and quietly distribute the real antidote where needed.

The other problem is that expensive vaccines will leave out most of the 3rd world, who can't afford them. The elite are shifting their wealth to Latin America and Southeast Asia, and since the 1% won't clean their own toilets, they need workers. They're not going to bring in a bunch of spoiled first-worlders with high expectations who can't stand the heat or drink the water. They want their slave force to be locals. So I foresee a lot of European/American/Russian deaths with Latin America and SEA "miraculously" escaping.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   
We're just emerging from the flu season here in the Southern Hemisphere and it's been a particularly quiet one this year with no noteworthy outbreaks. There was an annoying URTI thing that seemed to infect about half the city in July - caused a sniffle + a nasty cough lasting a week or two but no raging fever or other debilitating influenza type symptoms. So mild that even the wimpish types who'd normally be off to the doc just toughed it out for a change.

The human race is so mobile these days it would be near impossible to contain a virulent new strain that can spread from person to person. A freshly infected victim could be in another continent before the early symptoms are even evident. The result could be a 747 load of infectees disembarking back home.

Here's to hoping the Northern Hemisphere follows our lead...

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
This should be a new topic but there's no "post" button. Need to go so here it is.

FAO Launches Emergency Projects to Fight H7N9 Avian Flu

Two emergency regional projects aimed at containing avian influenza were launched last week by the UN Food and Agriculture Organization’s (FAO) Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific ...

…the “virus in China is still present and there is still a great deal not yet understood about this H7N9 virus. Other influenza viruses that circulate in poultry often decrease dramatically during the summer months, only to reappear later in the year during cold season. Also, many low pathogenic influenza viruses in poultry have transformed into highly pathogenic viruses.”

This is getting serious - maybe why the CDC is prepping for a wide scale Pacific Rim Emergency, as reported by Pinkorchid on September 15, 2013.

H7N9 is essentially "invisible." It spreads in poultry without causing symptoms ("low pathogenic") - but - when it infects people, it's deadly. H7N9's invisible spread means it could easily evolve into a new strain that's highly transmissible in people and spread around the world before we even realize what's happening.

Right now, H7N9 bird flu is starting to circulate in Asia along with H1N1 swine flu and H5N1 bird flu. H1N1 is highly transmissible in people but not as deadly as H5N1 and H7N9; H5N1 needs 3 mutations to get there; H7N9 only needs one mutation to start spreading easily in people - and go global.

Early strains of H7N9 evolved in North America - but Asia and the Pacific region are the recognized hotspots right now. These FAO emergency projects are a kind of Distant Early Warning system - a new virulent strain of H7N9 might not be stopped, but at least the world might have a little warning when it appears.

Of special note: These projects focus exclusively on H7N9. So they know something.

ALSO SEE:
CDC Preps For Wide Scale Pacific Rim Emergency

Scientists Are Preparing for Possible Pandemic Spread of New Bird Flu Strain

Pandemic Fears Support Corporate Takeover of Global Food Supply

Pushing Flu Vaccines, and the Codex Alimentarius

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Thanks for the update on this new strain. It is really a drag to hear about this but the probabilities are always just that, probabilities. Do you recall when Bush Jr. Got all freaked out over a possible pandemic? I recall him being more than freaked out really, he was convinced it would happen that year which was around 08 I think. The way things are going globally seems like the PTB actually foam at the mouth at the thought of a full blow pandemic which will kill millions. Seems it will be the poor that die though and that always makes me wonder.

There are natural herbs that can help which are not widely advertised such as China using Fish mint to combat SARS. I am growing and selling that little treasure from my nursery, Americans are not familiar with it and are put off by the pungent odor it throws off, but it did save lives .

I wonder if China has an equivalent of our FDA and CDC? It would be interesting to take a peek at those organizations if so. I think China has done an exceptional job at thwarting global outbreaks and we know it was not through vaccines nor antibiotic regimes.

Thanks for the heads up.

Let me know if you would like some to add to your herbal remedies...

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 23-9-2013 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

..Do you recall when Bush Jr. Got all freaked out over a possible pandemic? I recall him being more than freaked out really, he was convinced it would happen that year which was around 08 I think.

Yep. It hit in 2009, spread round the world fast, had several waves as predicted and still is creating havoc in countries like India. The death rate wasn't dreadfully high but was much higher than first recognized.

...Super bugs and super flu's are appearing with some regularity now. It really is just a matter of time before something virulent goes pandemic - the pandemic chronic stuff that disables but doesn't kill tends to be "invisible" to most people, though not to the economic PTB.

We really are better off using natural herb and the like - and preparing for the new world order where people and food plants and animals are sequestered from the wild for "protection." Bad, bad idea. Really, really bad.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join