It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran president blames Israel for 'instability,' calls for peace

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Iran president blames Israel for 'instability,' calls for peace

Iranian President Hassan Rouhani blamed Israel for causing "injustice to the people" of the Middle East during an exclusive interview with NBC News in which he also called for peace, saying Iran is not "looking for war." Unlike his predecessor Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Rouhani struck a moderate tone on many issues, but he deflected a question from NBC News' Ann Curry about whether he believed that the Holocaust was "a myth." "I'm not a historian. I'm a politician," he replied. "What is important for us is that the countries of the region and the people grow closer to each other, and that they are able to prevent aggression and injustice." Rouhani's comments came in his first interview with a U.S. news outlet since his June election. The interview was broadcast Thursday on TODAY.

Well he starts the interview with words Netanyahu will no doubt be upset over.
The reporter kept spreading the propaganda though. Ahmadinejad never called the holocaust a myth he always said as a historian every event in the history of the world is open to scrutiny except the holocaust why? And she asked then usual wipe off the map BS. Then she ends the interview with basically complaining because he didn't recognize the holocaust.

It would be nice if he lives up to his words about the freedoms given to the people and more of a private life. But he only has so much power he's only second in command the Ayatollah has the final say.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Ah so its Isreals fault Iran tried to spread the revolution through the Islamic world through bombings, assasinations, attempted coups, etc. I am sure the Arabs will be happy to hear that all their problems with Iran is Isreals fault.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Interesting how the interviewer asked the Iranian prez about whether or not he believed the holocaust happened.

Red herring much ?

[insert roll eyes here]

The question had absolutely nothing to do with the context of the subject at hand.

Deflection, deflection, deflection.

Pfft.
What a joke these so-called "journalists" are.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

MrSpad
Ah so its Isreals fault Iran tried to spread the revolution through the Islamic world through bombings, assasinations, attempted coups, etc. I am sure the Arabs will be happy to hear that all their problems with Iran is Isreals fault.

I think you are mixing up Israel with Iran. Is Iran wiping a nation off the map like Israel is doing to Palestine? Is Iran calling for constant military strikes like Israel? What other nation has Iran attempted a coup? Are you talking about when they kicked out the American puppet. Except for Saudi Arabia who sucks up to Israel because America buys their oil what other Arabs?

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
"I blame you, BUT let's have peace"...

Sounds like the perfect way to win friends and influence people.

It would have been much nicer to hear: "Let's have peace"; "Let's sit down civilly and talk things out".

All I hear is more lip service from the new Iranian puppet

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I don't see how it is relevant at all what someones take on the holocaust is. That was a good response from the Iranian prez.

I do find it sort of sick how Israel uses the alleged holocaust as an excuse to push their agenda on any person or nation across the globe.

As far as I can tell Israel is the only country that gained anything physical from ww2, and yet they are the biggest victims of world war 2?

Pretty clever of them to make winning the war a fact and being a victim a perception.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

LeatherNLace
"I blame you, BUT let's have peace"...

Sounds like the perfect way to win friends and influence people.

It would have been much nicer to hear: "Let's have peace"; "Let's sit down civilly and talk things out".

All I hear is more lip service from the new Iranian puppet

Yes nothing like the let's bomb Iran speeches Benny gives huh? That really promotes peace.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
i would just force them at gun point BACK to the jewish autonomous oblast and see how they get on with their new neighbours the chinese and russians plenty space for them and the ground is good .

it would give everybody peace if they cannot live in peace with each other as most people are sick fed up hearing about gods chosen people .

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I'm sure Buster here would like to deny the Holocaust but its an issue with simply far too much evidence to do that with.

Its an important question to ask the new leader of Iran because it lets us know what his future intent towards Israel may be. This is important because many of the stressors in that region have to do with Israel.

If he says the Holocaust did not happen we know that future peace talks probably will not happen and that he is trying to appease the hardline extremists in power. This also tells us that those extremists have enough power that the President of Iran is concerned about it, meaning they are in the majority.

Had he come out and admitted the Holocaust happens it would mean that the political make-up of Iran is more moderate.

While I doubt this was the intention of the reporter it is something we as political scientists look at to view the current status of any nation.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Tinkerpeach

which holocaust are we talking about as there have been many in history but only one can see you thrown in prison for researching and the motto here is deny ignorance people did die but it is the numbers i would like a scientific look at

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   

buster2010

MrSpad

I think you are mixing up Israel with Iran. Is Iran wiping a nation off the map like Israel is doing to Palestine? Is Iran calling for constant military strikes like Israel? What other nation has Iran attempted a coup? Are you talking about when they kicked out the American puppet. Except for Saudi Arabia who sucks up to Israel because America buys their oil what other Arabs?

Once again. you fail to mention It is THE AREA CALLED PALESTINE. Its not a country. And the UN recognized israel as a real country when it was created. So quick are we to also not hear about JUDEA existing way before it was renamed the area of palestine on roman maps. ALl verifiable as well.

I disagree with the way both sides are handling this though. Before th ecreation of israel there were around 600,000 jews living in peace there with the arabs. Palestinian jews who would become the first Israelis. And i can already hear you saying what about the Khazars.

According to Jewish religious law anyone who converts to judaism is to be accepted as having been born into it. The 600,000 invited as many as they could to the newly formed country.

Irans coup attempt was by its own airforce before the war between saddam and khomeni. The Iranians also tried to have saddam killed before that as well. Leading saddam to had a popular cleric killed for his betrayal when Khomenni incited him against saddam.

SO how about stop being so intentionally dense and bigoted toward a people you have never been wronged by personally? And no I have no issue with the iranians people just the leadership of khomeni. he even had his political rivals killed with no trials,or lawyers when he took over. A real fair action right?

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   

geobro

which holocaust are we talking about as there have been many in history but only one can see you thrown in prison for researching and the motto here is deny ignorance people did die but it is the numbers i would like a scientific look at

When people reference the Holocaust it is usually referring to the one perpetrated by Nazi Germany against the Jews. Of course there have been many but that is generally what is being referred to. If someone is intending a different event they usually refer to it by name such as the Rwanda genocide.

As for being thrown in jail I'm not sure I follow you. I've researched this in Germany itself and received nothing but help.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

i think you will find that it is against the law of many country's laws to question the official version of events or the numbers involved

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Tinkerpeach
I'm sure Buster here would like to deny the Holocaust but its an issue with simply far too much evidence to do that with.

Its an important question to ask the new leader of Iran because it lets us know what his future intent towards Israel may be. This is important because many of the stressors in that region have to do with Israel.

If he says the Holocaust did not happen we know that future peace talks probably will not happen and that he is trying to appease the hardline extremists in power. This also tells us that those extremists have enough power that the President of Iran is concerned about it, meaning they are in the majority.

Had he come out and admitted the Holocaust happens it would mean that the political make-up of Iran is more moderate.

While I doubt this was the intention of the reporter it is something we as political scientists look at to view the current status of any nation.

The holocaust did happen but the 6 million dead is total bull#. So the Iranian president didn't cry over the holocaust so what. Do a little research the six million dead lie started before the war even started. I won't even point out that every time there is a lawsuit over the holocaust they have to drop the number that died because they can't back it up.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

yuppa

buster2010

MrSpad

Once again. you fail to mention It is THE AREA CALLED PALESTINE. Its not a country. And the UN recognized israel as a real country when it was created. So quick are we to also not hear about JUDEA existing way before it was renamed the area of palestine on roman maps. ALl verifiable as well.

I disagree with the way both sides are handling this though. Before th ecreation of israel there were around 600,000 jews living in peace there with the arabs. Palestinian jews who would become the first Israelis. And i can already hear you saying what about the Khazars.

According to Jewish religious law anyone who converts to judaism is to be accepted as having been born into it. The 600,000 invited as many as they could to the newly formed country.

Irans coup attempt was by its own airforce before the war between saddam and khomeni. The Iranians also tried to have saddam killed before that as well. Leading saddam to had a popular cleric killed for his betrayal when Khomenni incited him against saddam.

SO how about stop being so intentionally dense and bigoted toward a people you have never been wronged by personally? And no I have no issue with the iranians people just the leadership of khomeni. he even had his political rivals killed with no trials,or lawyers when he took over. A real fair action right?

It was called Palestine before the creation of Israel and Palestine is recognized by the UN. I have mentioned nothing about Kazars so don't start with stupid assumptions.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

last i heard the 6 million was now 1 million that is being quoted
edit on 20/9/13 by geobro because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Once again you ignore it was JUDEA before it was called PALESTINE. Stop dodging it. you are not sheldon from biG bang theory,But you are just as annoying in your one sideed view. History books prove judea existed before"palestine" The romans renamed it and have even got it on record in the vaticans archives.

So no i refuse to ever grant you the dignity of anything other than the name of Shill for iranian information services.
edit on 13000000pppm by yuppa because: (no reason given)

edit on 13000000pppm by yuppa because: Fogot to add a reason. lol. Because i needed to edit a word or two.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by yuppa

Jewish people never had a country of their own and the chances are they never will if they keep doing the same things they are blamed for...There is no such a thing as "Judea"or Muslemia or christianea!...Religions don't have the land of their own,their followers do.

top topics

join