It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The biggest out of place artifacts ever?!?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
“An entire island, 50 x 100 miles, completely petrified. Covered with the petrified remains of a forest of super giants. Trees of incredible/impossible size, destroyed by a cataclysm that collapsed the island itself into the surrounding sea. They are saying the base of these petrified trees are as much as 1/4 mile wide, saying these tree's grew higher than a half mile high. This located in the Black Hills in South dakota.

Scientists recently concluded that the maximum height of a tree is 425 feet. At that height, the ability of the tree to pump nutrients is overcome by gravity. So how does one account for trees in the past of such huge size as to be impossible to imagine--up to 1/2 mile in circumference--and larger?

s8int.com...

www.youtube.com...

ogspics.wix.com...#!

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I'd say its like most things of an older era, the environment was right for such big tree's just the same as dino's became so big etc as oxygen was higher in concentration compared to today and who knows if these tree's had a top end that absorbed and dropped down nutrients to the tree making the need to push up so much less worth while

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

nighthawk1954

Scientists recently concluded that the maximum height of a tree is 425 feet. At that height, the ability of the tree to pump nutrients is overcome by gravity. So how does one account for trees in the past of such huge size as to be impossible to imagine--up to 1/2 mile in circumference--and larger?

Maybe gravity isnt the constant we believe it is?

Everything used to be larger.

But is this really an oopart?

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

Ummmm, I would like to think those large rocks he found were petrified wood, but I'm unsure. As well, he doesn't just claim his little rocky formations are petrified wood, but that they were twigs from Super #ing huge trees, that do not exist anymore. Only the twigs became petrified, not one example of a half mile in diameter stump. As well, he claims the place is an island, now this may have been at one time, but it is not.

Too many claims, not enough supporting evidence.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

Except the dinosaurs needed the extra oxygen to support their bodies. Tree's need CO2, not Oxygen. Too much oxygen actually killed off many of the original life forms leading way to the super giant oxygen consuming creatures.

There are plants that can absorb their moisture from the air, how ever most trees still use the tried and true, root system to draw in all the water the plant needs.
edit on 19-9-2013 by Hijinx because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I don't buy it. There are ways to confirm petried wood. It isn't that hard. Sorry I don't see any science confirming what is claimed. I see some great imagination though.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Very interesting. Another wonder of nature.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
good find op there is no mistaking some of that photos as tree's and some are even showing signs of being cut as you can see .

many years ago while digging up peat in scotlands hills i came across what looked like a giant maple leaf about 2 or more feet down maybe 2+ foot in diameter.

sad to say that at the end of the day when i went back for it it just feel apart in my hands but that image was imprinted on my mind of a giant landscape .

we are truly standing on the shoulders of giants

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by geobro

What a great find ..where was this?
I love all this stuff cause if researchers and scientist they would lose their jobs and credibility.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Is this going to be used to prove Biblical Giants at any point?

Just checking...

While I am open to and possibly I do believe those could be petrified trunks it is unlikely they are "Twigs"

Where is the 1/2 mile diameter proof?

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

check out all the links.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
The petrified giant logs are awe inspiring for sure, if real, but nothing new or unheard of. Haven't you seen those old black and white photos from the early days of logging? I've seen pictures showing trunks as large as the supposed one in the video.

It really is sad we don't have many, if any, of these wonders around anymore, but they are hardly proof or even evidence of mile high trees or quarter mile diameter trees. I would really, really love for such a thing to be proven, but so far we just have a story made up by some guy, not any actual evidence.

geobro
good find op there is no mistaking some of that photos as tree's and some are even showing signs of being cut as you can see .

many years ago while digging up peat in scotlands hills i came across what looked like a giant maple leaf about 2 or more feet down maybe 2+ foot in diameter.

sad to say that at the end of the day when i went back for it it just feel apart in my hands but that image was imprinted on my mind of a giant landscape .

we are truly standing on the shoulders of giants

There is no signs of being cut. Petrified wood breaks in ways that may make that appear so at a glance, but there are no markings visible in the video that show cut marks.

That leaf also could have been from a bush like plant instead of a tree leaf.
edit on 19-9-2013 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Hmmmm

Well 425 foot trees are nothing special we have today a tree 370 feet tall.

Tall tree

Claims of 1/4 and 1/2 mile diameters are stated but no evidence is provided.

This shows a cross section of the Black Hills

Black Hills

Which comes from here

All I'm seeing here is a blog with no evidence

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

you could well be right about the leaf all i can remember about it that it resembled a maple leaf but it looked a lot like a tree .

i worked in the forestry for a little while and have cut down tree's and as they say nature does not do straight lines but without seeing the stumps it would be just speculation on my part but they do look cut in a few pictures .

if you google wood on mars i have show that photo to scaffolder's with out saying what it was and all thought it was a scaffold plank

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by geobro

Fossil trees tend to break along straight lines....because when they break they are...rocks

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Tree stumps, my foot. Missouri is chock-full of rocks that look like the "tree stumps" in the photos on that blog, but no one's getting excited about it. I call b******t.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Yeah, quarter mile is what 1320 ft? I could google this, but I'm second guessing myself. That's just ridiculous.

I couldn't even see two being a few miles from each other, the root systems would be enormous just to hold one upright.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Hanslune
reply to post by geobro

Fossil trees tend to break along straight lines....because when they break they are...rocks

now that looks like a tree that has been felled in the pic

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by geobro

more likely fell, covered up by sediments, fossilized, softer sediment eroded away, shatters. This type of shattered 'tootie roll' formation is not unusual

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Wow! All the time we thought they were hills made of precambrian granites, pegmatites and metamorphic rocks, uplifted and then eroded over millenia - and it turns out they're just the remains of impossibly giant trees

s8int.com...

But you think these trees were big - what about the onces that turned into the Rockies? Or the Himalaya?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join