It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

iOS 7 download today

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Have just download the new IOS 7 for my iPhone 5. Took a while before it was ready because each time it said it was unable to update. Maybe because of all the downloads going on around the world for this update.
Seems to be a lot better but haven't tried all the features as yet.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

Yaeh, apple is releasing it's fresh version of Android clone, I mean iOS today..

I hope they intend on opening up more options for technical support at cheaper rates for all these new features. Telecoms aren't going to be supporting out of network issues like "find my phone", Icloud and the finger print scanner.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Haha, I'm still on version 5.0.1.

Think its time to update it soon I guess?

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Did they add the ability to remove the battery with this release?

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

eXia7
Did they add the ability to remove the battery with this release?

No but it's extra shiny!

They also updated iCloud I noticed...
edit on 18-9-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Takes forever to update it though.....

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Am I going to lose everything I've got on the phone when I do this?

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

No, I haven't lost anything at all in the update. If you are not sure about it, make a new backup in the Cloud BEFORE you install then you can always revert back to it if you are not happy with it.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

All i can say is i like it. Its more colorful, has better movement, and a ton more features. Can't wait for the A7 chip to run it.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Took me about 30 minutes from the time it started downloading, to the time it was completely done with the update. Not bad for a 752mb update. Thanks for posting this.

I haven't played with it much yet, but it already reminds me of Windows 8, and the new ATS look. Everyone is going to the 2D look for software and web design.

S&F btw.

edit on 9/18/2013 by Klassified because: eta

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Mnemicrsl

I just wish I could turn off the animations, like I do in Windows. That would be nice.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Klassified

Took me about 30 minutes from the time it started downloading, to the time it was completely done with the update. Not bad for a 752mb update. Thanks for posting this.

I haven't played with it much yet, but it already reminds me of Windows 8, and the new ATS look. Everyone is going to the 2D look for software and web design.

A quick download I agree, but it kept failing to install at first but finally it did. I'm happy with new update so far

edit on 18-9-2013 by scotsdavy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
It looks ok, but how do you close the open apps. You know how a double press of home button use to give you the option to close them. Grr I can't work that part. Anyone else have that problem? If so your help would be appreciated

Eta: after double press home page, and you see all apps open, you swipe up & they close. Just thought I'd edit this post for anyone that didn't know. I prefer to close apps so glad the option is there.
edit on 19-9-2013 by Feelingconnected because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Feelingconnected

Good tip, was wondering about that one myself....thanks

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   

tothetenthpower

Yaeh, apple is releasing it's fresh version of Android clone, I mean iOS today..

Lmao! That cracked me up!

2nd line (full of laughing)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by OpenEars123

Apple is far too expensive these days and keep coming out with new versions for same price all the time....

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   

scotsdavy1
reply to post by OpenEars123

Apple is far too expensive these days and keep coming out with new versions for same price all the time....

I totally agree. Also Android is far superior

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Just got a push notification now about it. Requires 3.2 G and I wasn't going to download cause I didn't have enough space.Then I read the update notes *Block unwanted phone, messages and face time callers*. That's huge.

I've searched for a phone blocking app but could never find one. I now have 4 G of storage space
However, it would be helpful to know if the caller knows if they're being blocked. This makes all the difference. I'm sure they would figure it out if the calls never make it to voice mail.
edit on 19-9-2013 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

I had to get rid of some apps to make room for the update but it only really takes about 700 mob download so able to re install them once the update was over. I took some screenshots of the apps so that I wouldn't forget what ones I had removed first...my voicemail is not on anyway so if anyone calls if phone is off it says number unavailable and to try later anyway. Was able to block some numbers from calling after the update..

edit on 19-9-2013 by scotsdavy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Go it now. Can't say I'm terribly thrilled by the interface but it could grow on me.
Have you figured out how to end running applications? double tapping the home button brings them up but holding your finger on them doesn't do anything to shut them down.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join