It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions for all the anti-gun folks

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by warriorscholar81

I have a broken record example of why open carry works that I'm not going to go into yet again, if you want to see it look up one of my replies on the subject.

We had a recent victory on the open carry debate here in Mississippi, or sort of. So the leadership in MS was looking for passage of a bill that would further elaborate just what open carry means and what concealed means. All of this became necessary because municipalities were literally saying "Oh he had a gun in a holster, well that's concealed." It got so ridiculous that some of these municipalities said when it was put to a question, that if you had so much as a piece of fishing string around the backstrap of a handgun wearing it around your neck that was considered obstructed from view and therefore concealed." So the state house of MS unanimously passes HB 2 but a "district court judge" describes it as "Constitutionally vague" after pressed by local law enforcement who presented arguments such as "well what happens if we respond to a niteclub (drinking establishment) and everyone is brandishing weapons?" I'll give the laughter a moment to die down. So of course the media takes off with this and are reporting "The passage of a bill making no permit open carry legal put on hold by judge." Essentially referring to HB 2 as the open carry bill. Long and short the bill goes before the state Supreme court and they unanimously pass HB 2 and citing the judge of having erred. The kick to this whole story is MS has had no permit open carry for 196 years. It was LE using the what is concealed argument (if you can call it that) which brought any of this into question to begin with. The media was not as forthcoming with the Supreme Courts ruling and local LE has since used tax payer monies to purchase signs to pass out to local businesses which state no guns on premises.

There is a concerted effort in this country to disarm and I will not dishonor those who died to give that right to me which they felt so very strongly about by laying down my arms. And that is reason enough for me.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   

applesthateatpeople
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

I have had a gun pulled on me twice in life. Neither of those times did I need a gun to get out of the situation.

There are some bold people out there, but typically - You don't pull a gun on an individual wearing a gun.

Where is the disconnect here?

You are not saying "Oh boy I have a gun now i can shoot people." What it does say is "I'm not going to be your victim today." Move along!
edit on 21-9-2013 by WWJFKD because: To elaborate

edit on 21-9-2013 by WWJFKD because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

So, let's review...

You say when you were a kid, you lived through several break-ins.

You say you own a glock with hollow tips and lot's of ammo.

You say that a person that has managed without a gun must be "divinely protected"...

It sounds like some deep-seeded fear to me.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by WWJFKD

So, you believe we should all CARRY guns?

And by your logic, if everyone has a gun nobody will ever shoot anybody?

Because the nineteenth century in America was so civilized, right?

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by applesthateatpeople

Goodmorning,

I believe every individual has a right to carry a gun. I believe every individual needs to make a conscious decision on whether or not they exercise that right. I know that no individual has a right to deny another of that right.

Our founders asked one thing of us as individuals. "Honor what we have done here, honor the hard decisions that we had to make. Protect what we have afforded you like your most precious possession. Don't let what happened to us befall you.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Well even if guns are outlawed people have their creativity. After all guns are always just easy to dissasemble send off, reassemble and repeat the process. If that fails they build guns from scratch. No matter what people will always find new ways to kill each other.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by blueyezblkdragon

Agreed

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I have mentioned before that even the Dalai Lama has said that violence can be a positive and neccesary evil if it prevents further violence against innocents and it must be done first and quickly.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Actually people of the "western" era of American history for the most part were more honorable. In a time where almost everyone carried a gun people were less likely to use it. Depending on the severity of the grievance against the offended party of course. Two armed men would face off and leave the result to fate based on who was the more skilled shooter. Point is at least it was an honorable engagement between two peeved parties as opposed to one walking in and just blasting everyone is sight just to get their intended target. Which did still happen of course but not as often as it was considered cowardly and being called a coward was not taken lightly back then.

A mans honor was all they had and they took it seriously, even the "bad guys" for the most part had some degree of honor and code of ethics.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

IkNOwSTuff

Ok, so lets say that society reaches the point where we say no more guns. They are too dangerous so we will glady turn them in. Alright so now guns in the hands of the citizenry no longer exsists.

There is a place where this is a reality, its a mythical place called "everywhere outside America"

Yeah it's also a place called "Freedom is dead". I am not want to let America become that completely as well...

Jaden

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

blueyezblkdragon

Well even if guns are outlawed people have their creativity. After all guns are always just easy to dissasemble send off, reassemble and repeat the process. If that fails they build guns from scratch. No matter what people will always find new ways to kill each other.

That's not theoretical. I've already invented a projectile weapon that can be built for a hundred dollars, fires at just below super sonic, makes almost no sound and is not classifiable under ANY current laws as a weapon, and especially not a firearm.

Jaden

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Masterjaden

Yeah it's also a place called "Freedom is dead". I am not want to let America become that completely as well...

Jaden

America is the only place in the world where people are free? When I get done with legal sex shops and drugs here, I am going to go over to Canada and let them know we are all slaves compared to Americans.
edit on 21-9-2013 by 1104light because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Masterjaden

IkNOwSTuff

Ok, so lets say that society reaches the point where we say no more guns. They are too dangerous so we will glady turn them in. Alright so now guns in the hands of the citizenry no longer exsists.

There is a place where this is a reality, its a mythical place called "everywhere outside America"

Jaden

LMFAO

Next time you and your children get on a plane and are molested, next time your emails/texts/facebook pages are screened, next time the Government uses your money (tax dollars) to bail out a company that screwed you remind me how free you are compared to Australians or even Malaysians.

Oh but sorry, your allowed to own a gun or 17 so you must live in a freer country than the rest of us out there in the world.

Good on you for having your head in the sand, ignorance and a gun is bliss

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

warriorscholar81

I have mentioned before that even the Dalai Lama has said that violence can be a positive and neccesary evil if it prevents further violence against innocents and it must be done first and quickly.

Not being a smart ass, Im genuinely curious.

Ive never heard this before, could you post a link?

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Assuming that you were born in Oz (of course) and given the history of the founding of that paticular Island I would say that comparatively Americans are more so "free" than you all. I will say that I use the term "free" loosely as all of us on this God forsaken rock are all subject to the laws and scrutiny of our invisible shadow masters. Comparatively though, America was founded by people who fled tyranny and oppression whereas Australia was founded by convicts who were dumped on a (especially back then) terrifying Island with loads of strange and deadly creatures by those same tyrants and oppressors.

So perhaps given the ancestoral history of Austrailia being that most of it's inhabitants are the decendents of criminals and what have you, perhaps it is a good thing that you don't have guns.

Furthermore it could be said that you are decendents of people who gave up and accepted their punishment like good plebs compared to those who are decendents who instead of succumbing to tyranny fled with the attempt at leading the kind of lives they so wished and then fought for it when the tyrants came knocking because they smelled money.

No offense intended, just saying and g'day

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

warriorscholar81

So perhaps given the ancestoral history of Austrailia being that most of it's inhabitants are the decendents of criminals and what have you, perhaps it is a good thing that you don't have guns.

Wow, your ignorance shines brightly. You're saying that the people of Oz are inherently criminally minded due to some of their ancestors being criminals? So much so that they shouldn't be allowed guns? You might not intend offence but you certainly offer it.

Maybe it should become law that if you want a gun you have to pass an I.Q test, then we wouldn't have to worry about narrow minded little people like you carrying guns around.

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Assuming that you were born in Oz (of course) and given the history of the founding of that paticular Island I would say that comparatively Americans are more so "free" than you all.

What relevance has the 'founding' of any particular nation got to do with how 'free' their respective citizens are now?

America was founded by people who fled tyranny and oppression....

It could also be argued that America was founded by the dregs of European society who couldn't make a success of things in their country's of origin.

..... whereas Australia was founded by convicts who were dumped on a (especially back then) terrifying Island with loads of strange and deadly creatures by those same tyrants and oppressors.

So you conveniently ignore the many who went there to forge a new life or who fought against The British Crown.
People emigrated to Australia for many varied reasons - far from all of them were convicts and the majority of those that were convicts were transported for crimes that today would seem trivial - but that was the way of the world then, you have to put things in context.

You seem to have a very one-sided viewpoint - the USA is the best nation in the world and everything is those damn Limey's fault.
You've had nearly 250 years to correct all the wrongs yet don't seem to have made that good of a go of it at present.

It's just that arrogant, narrow minded, over-inflated mindset that alienates America from the rest of the world

Unbelievable.

Furthermore it could be said that you are decendents of people who gave up and accepted their punishment like good plebs.....

It's pretty hard fighting against anything when you are in irons - perhaps you should discuss this with some of the ancestors of the slaves who were transported to the US under similar circumstances, were they 'plebs' who meekly acquiesced to their fate as well?

....compared to those who are decendents who instead of succumbing to tyranny fled with the attempt at leading the kind of lives they so wished and then fought for it when the tyrants came knocking because they smelled money.

Do you honestly believe that?

Seriously?
edit on 22/9/13 by Freeborn because: grammar and clarity

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I would like 1 example of how Americans are more free than Australians, just 1. Besides guns of course.
Having said that the vast majority of Aussies dont want guns.
Yes I was born there and only left for the 1st time when I was 26.

To give you a bit of a history lesson America was actually founded by religious fundamentalists, intolerant bigoted morons who had no problems punishing those who didnt fit in with their belief systems, kinda like those darn muslims your currently fighting, hmmmmm.

As for Aussies being the descendants of criminals, that is true for a lucky few of us, myself I had an ancestor come over on the 1st fleet. His crime, stealing a bag of bread, the evidence, he was in the vicinity at the time.
They never found the bread.

within 40 years of the First Fleet landing people in England were actually committing crimes in the hope of being sent here.
When the authorities cottoned on to what people were doing they started charging people for passage.
The people who came were tough and entrepreneurial, they came for the opportunity to make a better life and were prepared to work hard for it.

Overall about 3% of our population is descendant from "convicts" the rest being willing and enthusiastic immigrants.

Australia and America probably share more in common than most other countries around the world, 1 GLARING difference is we dont have shooting massacres every few weeks.
Just thinking out loud here and this is highly speculative but maybe, just maybe it has something to do with the fact that any moron without a criminal record can get a gun over were u are.

So basically the only people who cant get guns are those crims stupid enough to get caught or crazy people who have actually been diagnosed as crazy.
Good criminals (by good I mean havent been caught) have no issues getting guns legally, also those crazy people who havent been diagnosed can also easily and legally get a gun.

But I thank you for your post, its not often someone makes the oppositions case stronger by showing a massive amount of ignorance, but of course no offence intended

And Gday Mate right back at ya Cobber

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by 0rbital

There you go with your outright insults, I used the word "perhaps" which seeing as how you do not comprehend the meaning. So I ill tell you, it means maybe or maybe not. I used that specifically as I am not an expert on the subject and do not claim to be.

So go get your little feelings hurt and attempt to make incorrect assumptions and insults about my intelligence.

As for Oz being a former prison colony island, Im sorry that is true. I didn't make it up, I was simply suggesting that coming from the line of people you do then that MAY or MAY NOT have an impact on your cultural and societal viewpoints as a whole.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Ok you guys are really sensitive over there apparently. If you guys are so great then why is it that I have heard on many occasions from people who live there and/or have just visited that Aussie women love American men. Oh wait I remember, women get treated like # by the local men. Whereas American men know how to be gentlemen, I'm just guessing though. Oh and a poll a few years ago revealed that 40% of Aussies associate there national past time as drinking.

There ya go mate, there are a couple of things to be proud of. An Island full of chauvinistic drunks (my apologies to any who don't fit this mold), thats awesome and another reason not to allow you to have guns. Your right I see your point, you really don't need guns over there. It would just be bad for everybody.

Before you go getting your knickers in a bunch I wouldn't take these sort of low jabs (albeit jabs that ring with truth) if you didn't try to make it personal against me with insults. You want to talk trash, Ill talk trash all day. Difference is I will at least make an effort to keep mine in line with truth.

So relax and go have another fosters and play with a funnel web.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join