It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions for all the anti-gun folks

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Ok, so lets say that society reaches the point where we say no more guns. They are too dangerous so we will glady turn them in. Alright so now guns in the hands of the citizenry no longer exsists.

A. How do we protect ourselves and our property from those that would seek to do us harm, (criminals who did not turn in there guns)?

B. How would we defend ourselves in the event of tyranny from the govmnt or in a more unlikely scenario foreign invasion?

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
The fallacy behind gun control, is that the genie is already out of the bottle.

Criminals by definition ignore the law, out law guns, criminals will be the only ones with them.

At which point we are left with the Government to protect us, something they have done a bang up job of doing...

thats leaving the fox in charge of the hen house.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by warriorscholar81

I believe there are few (if any) that believe 100% of guns can and should be removed from private citizens. If someone is out there, speak up.

If the basic premise is flawed, then this thread is as they say, dead. You are ranting at the mirror.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

The US has proven over and over how much they care for unarmed innocent civilians not only World wide but at home as well. To have only the psychotic leaders and their puppet military with a trigger is the death knell of a free society.

Not in my life time I hope.

Peace

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by InverseLookingGlass

Diane fienstein does.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

That's easy, they will station a cop in every house.

Don't you feel better? I think I have answered your silly question, paranoid much?

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Well here in the UK, only the criminals have guns and we do just fine.

Violence breeds violence.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by InverseLookingGlass

I believe there are few (if any) that believe 100% of guns can and should be removed from private citizens. If someone is out there, speak up.

Oh, they are out there alright. Just wait a bit, they'll show up sure as god made little green apples.

It just takes them a while because they don't pay attention as a rule.
edit on 16-9-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

InverseLookingGlass

If the basic premise is flawed, then this thread is as they say, dead. You are ranting at the mirror.

Not been around here long? the gun issues are frequently brought up and argued on ATS, mainly the US vs UK...

I'm from the UK and want ALL guns taken from private citizens.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

InverseLookingGlass

I know this is shocking to Americans but outside of Merica its a tiny portion of people who think guns should be available to citizens.
In my home country of Oz people look at you weird and think ur slightly mental if you feel the need for a gun in the cities, rural areas are different.

SE Asia, my current home is the same, Malaysians are some of the most paranoid people I know and not a single person NOT 1, wants a gun!!!!!

Its absolute nonsense using the tyrannical government argument, On this site we all have differing views on Religions, politics, racial issues etc etc 1 thing we can all safely agree on is that your gov (the USA) is out of control and tyrannical, the time for using guns is long past. If enough of you arent awake now starting a civil war will just result in you "patriots" being slaughtered.

As for criminals, as omeone else pointed out the rest of the world gets on just fine, crime isnt rampant, we have less homicides and we sleep just fine.

You asked for someone to speak up if they believe 100% guns should be removed from the hands of private citizens, allow me to be the 1st

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Another thing...

Guns are NOT natural they are man made, if you need something artificially created to protect your society I would take at serious look at your society being the root of the problem.

Why not sort out why crimes happen in the first place before you start arming everyone with guns.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

That Lincoln picture is my favorite Avatar I've seen thus far.

About the topic, small arms have proliferated the planet especially via the Reagan drug route confiscations. To pretend everyone can magically make small arms disappear from the hands of all the rogue states, mafias, cartels, gangs, and every other form of criminal enterprise has lost their mind or maybe never had a mind to start with. Look at Chicago, see how gun regulation has worked out there. More innocents murdered every day there than many other cities put together. Look at England. They banned guns and violent murders with knives and bats doubled.

I think that as California bans guns I want to get in the taser business. I like tasers because they can incapacitate an attacker; usually without killing them. This seems more humane than killing them. More humane for the attacker. Less humane for the next victim though.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
It all comes down to the choices of would you rather be shot to death, stabbed to death, bludgeoned to death, burned to death or blown to bits?

Take away guns and you just take away one option. People that kill are going to kill regardless of their weapon.

I will agree that a gun can make killing easier but it doesn't stop the act from being committed in the first place.

Cain did it with a rock. Let's ban rocks.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
OP. You and others might want to take a read through this article. It's a lengthy read, but worth it, in my opinion. It gives some firsthand accounts of what happened when Jamaica disarmed their citizens in the early 70's. It wasn't pretty.

Those who stridently and self-righteously lobby for the seizure of all guns by the government in America, particularly women like Sarah Brady, Barbra Streisand, Senators Diane Feinstein and Barbara Boxer and Congresswoman Carolyn McCarthy, would do well to study the results of forced disarmament in other countries.

I have personally lived through a government-instigated disarmament of the general public, and its subsequent, disastrous consequences: From 1961 to 1977 my father (who is a white American, as are my mother, sister and I) was stationed with his family and business in Kingston, Jamaica.

How Gun Control Worked In Jamaica

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
So I'm going to reply and I'm not Anti-Gun.

My question in response to your question is, how is it OK for the US Government to take our guns, when they are supplying the citizens (rebels) of other countries with weapons to over-throw their government and/or to protect themselves?

Think about it. The very thing they're supporting in other countries, they're not supporting in their own country, which is the right to protect ourselves.

Do I need a gun to protect myself, depends on the situation. 9 times out of 10, no it does not, but I have a constitutional right to bear arms.

The focus is about one thing 'the gun'. It doesn't take a gun to have violence. Until violence is removed from the human spirit, there will always be a need to protect ourselves. Everyone is violent and you can't say that you're not because as long as there is anger, there are violent thoughts. It's just human nature. Some just act out their angered thoughts.

edit on 16-9-2013 by KnightFire because: typo

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

warriorscholar81

A. How do we protect ourselves and our property from those that would seek to do us harm, (criminals who did not turn in there guns)?

Lock your doors & have a big baseball bat by the side of your bed or a weapon that's easy accessible to grab. Plus, people who burgle your house don't have guns over here in the UK, they don't have anything most of the time - I'd run down stairs and # them up. (Irony is i'd get arrested if I did that)

B. How would we defend ourselves in the event of tyranny from the govmnt or in a more unlikely scenario foreign invasion?

I don't think my country would take arms upon their own people, if they did then I doubt many would actually attack their own people - We don't have a militarized police force like America.

The latter is more serious though. An invasion would see the population pretty much #ed, having only have the Military as our help. Maybe if my gov wasn't such dicks we wouldn't have to be worried about been invaded.
edit on 16-9-2013 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

No you didn't answer anything, rude much?

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

If your ok with that and feel safe then good for you.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

Then you and I sir would not get along, with all due respect.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Ok, so lets say that society reaches the point where we say no more guns. They are too dangerous so we will glady turn them in. Alright so now guns in the hands of the citizenry no longer exsists.

There is a place where this is a reality, its a mythical place called "everywhere outside America"

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join