It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perhaps one of the most visually stunning things I’ve seen - Ocean Currents

page: 1

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
This is well worth a watch a depiction of the ocean currents of the world. The twisting swirls of the ocean look more akin to a Van Gogh patting...

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Very cool * thumbs up *
The similarity in perspective is amazing! Sometimes the greatest show on Earth, is Earth itself me thinks.
Starry starry sea......

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Very cool thread. I can definitely see the work Van Gogh has done influenced mother nature. Jk. S+F.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

That was nice looking, thanks.

And that is just how I envision all forms to be - like a big pool/wave field of water or field clusters that when interacted with, by differing fields/forces, produce particles or whirlpools from the changed fields and fractals/continuing waves from the unchanged fields.

-Like a bunch of electro-thermodynamic convection fields all clustered together because they create space - not exist in it.

It's mind bogglingly but beautiful.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Reminds me of the sun.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by haven123

I think I know what you mean kinda like this..

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Ol' one ear did that when he was tripping
Well, being treated with a poisonous plant to control his seizures. Which causes a lot of what is seen in his work at that time.

And the anomation that is animated, not real.

Or am I missing something? Or stating the obvious.. Sometimes both ! Oo

A graphical representation of the earths ocean currents, is still something to behold. It's how a poor wee penguin can come from the antarctic and land in melbourne, and how allll of our nice healthy pollution sticks around the gyres, creating islands of plastic and filth.

I have depressed myself again.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Now that was worth watching. Amazing how the oceans all interact, flowing, twisting, and mixing.

Thanks for sharing!

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

I thought it was amazing. Tis a shame I live on the Outer Hebrides. I wanted to see the ocean currents around here but the map kept going the wrong way to see them..

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Makes me think of Jupiter. That was cool I wonder how accurate it is just imagine the the currents that cant be observed from the surface.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

I thought they where surface currents but I am not really sure. I think its accurate to some extent as it depicts time too...

new topics

top topics

join