It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
This is my first post in the rant forum.

After getting off the phone with my insurance agent, I feel the need to do just this - RANT.

Precisely WHO is actually going to be helped by this debacle known as the Affordable Care Act?? Who is going to benefit from the mountains of increased bureaucracy and gubbmint oversight? Who is going to actually see a benefit to this travesty?

I am staring in the face of a 30 - 60% premium increase - the precise amount of which can't currently be verified since even the insurance people don't know what the hell to expect!! (Could exceed those figures too.......nobody effing knows!!!!)

WHAT THE F....?

I am not interested in regurgitated talking points. I am not interested in opinion.

SOMEBODY provide me a link that provides documented evidence that this lunacy is actually beneficial.

My God: Obamacare Regulations are 8 Times Longer than the BIble

REALLY??????????? Which "genius" in the District of Criminals figured this would be a good thing???

I'm so effing mad right now I figure I'll end my rant before really saying what I think.

This is tyranny! This is a perfect example of an iron fist enclosed within a velvet glove.

I see the clock ticking for what this nation requires. When the alarm finally rings, it will send shockwaves worldwide. It's time to clean up the mess we've been saddled with.

edit on 10-9-2013 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
If it makes you feel any better, you are not alone. Not only my own family can be counted among the hurt and hurting from this.....monster of a horrible idea gone haywire..but it seems New Yorkers are a little sick of it in general. Fox is reporting on a 6 story sized Billboard on 42nd Street saying "Obamacare may be hazardous to your health."

New Yorkers Register Opinion of Obamacare, 6 stories high!

Elsewhere, it says it's over 10,000 pages long. Ummm.... So, basically, no one person in the world can really claim to fully understand Obamacare. That's essentially what that tells me. They could just come out and say that to make it so much simpler to process.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

wrabbit2000
If it makes you feel any better, you are not alone. Not only my own family can be counted among the hurt and hurting from this.....monster of a horrible idea gone haywire..but it seems New Yorkers are a little sick of it in general. Fox is reporting on a 6 story sized Billboard on 42nd Street saying "Obamacare may be hazardous to your health."

New Yorkers Register Opinion of Obamacare, 6 stories high!

Elsewhere, it says it's over 10,000 pages long. Ummm.... So, basically, no one person in the world can really claim to fully understand Obamacare. That's essentially what that tells me. They could just come out and say that to make it so much simpler to process.

I appreciate your response but attest that it doesn't make me feel any better.

I am sick and tired of being sick and tired.

This madness must end and it must end soon.

Yes, 10K pages! I'll bet you my left/right one that not ONE person who voted for this tyranny read 1/10 of those pages!

Tick.....tock.........tick..............tock..............................tick

Time to pull back the curtain and reveal the TRUE authors of this mess!
edit on 10-9-2013 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I think it was designed to fail, so that a single-payer system like what Canada and France has can be put into place. Eventually, everyone is going to be ranting like you -- even the people that originally supported O-care.

There was so much confusion, misinformation, misdirection and pure lunacy around the ACA that even those that supported it really didn't understand what the hell they were supporting.

Besides, how long did it take to write up a 10,000 page document? Good lord. I'm reminded of that scene from "House of Cards" where Spacey's character locks a bunch of people in a room and won't let them out until they finish an education bill.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

I know, people just can't seem to understand the basics here.

I see it as proof of the basic principle of subsidy causing costs to rise and quality to decrease.

There are a multitude of other caveats contained within the actual tome but, I am trying to keep it simple so even progressives can understand.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

MystikMushroom
I think it was designed to fail, so that a single-payer system like what Canada and France has can be put into place. Eventually, everyone is going to be ranting like you -- even the people that originally supported O-care.

There was so much confusion, misinformation, misdirection and pure lunacy around the ACA that even those that supported it really didn't understand what the hell they were supporting.

Besides, how long did it take to write up a 10,000 page document? Good lord. I'm reminded of that scene from "House of Cards" where Spacey's character locks a bunch of people in a room and won't let them out until they finish an education bill.

I agree somewhat.

Even the most simple minded fool in the District of Criminals had to realize that this would be a major dividing point. I feel confident in saying that was the original intent of this horrific piece of tyrannical trash.

How long did it take to write this tripe? My guess is much like the unPATRIOT act it was written over a period of years while waiting for the right chaotic situation to shove it down our throats. It was written by those who are sociopaths and control freaks. There is no other explanation for such an egregious violation of individual liberty.

I do hope all involved with writing, espousing and implementing this lunacy meet the fate they rightly deserve.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I don't know a whole lot about Obama Care. I wonder how its going to affect me. The fact that it is mandated. Fines and penalties for not having insurance?
I'm 30 I don't have health problems. I've gone to the Dr. 3 times in the past 10 yrs. One of those times was for a sore throat because I did not realize what that felt like because I don't get sick. I paid 100$ for a sorethroat and was upset with myself. This is 10x more cost effective for me than paying a premium every month for an extra bill I can't afford.
I don't have insurance. I've had the best insurance you can get through jobs I had in the past. I never used it. Obviously there will be a time when I need to start having insurance just incase maybe 10-20 more years.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

SexNinja
I don't know a whole lot about Obama Care.

That statement alone answered my question.

NOBODY seems to know jack shick about this abomination. We are all expected to sit back and wait for all of the goodness to unfold on us.

I call BS on that!!! There is NO goodness that's going to unfold on us!! It will be just one more way for the criminals in DC to pick our pockets.

Ahhhhhhh, I can smell it in the air..............revolution..........it's coming whether you're ready or not.

This isn't going to end well.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Lol. Who knows. I hope the mandate gets repealed. I would be more in favor of fully subsidized free health care for everyone atleast I would know for sure what I was paying for and that everyone has equal medical care.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

SexNinja

Lol. Who knows. I hope the mandate gets repealed. I would be more in favor of fully subsidized free health care for everyone atleast I would know for sure what I was paying for and that everyone has equal medical care.

Please explain your use of the word "free". Nothing is free.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

bozzchem

SexNinja

Please explain your use of the word "free". Nothing is free.

Well I wouldn't say nothing is free.
Air is free, water is free in alot places.
Sometimes supermarkets give out free samples. If its any type of brownie, cake, or pie I'm in.
Sometimes iTunes has free downloads. McDonald's and Starbucks has free WiFi.
When I said free healthcare and fully subsidized I meant its free as in everyone has it. Not meaning that it doesn't cost anything.
Something like what the Swede's have

Costs for health and medical care amount to approximately 9 percent of Sweden’s gross domestic product (GDP), a figure that has remained fairly stable since the early 1980s. Seventy-one percent of health care is funded through local taxation, and county councils have the right to collect income tax. The state finances the bulk of health care costs, with the patient paying a small nominal fee for examination. The state pays for approximately 97% of medical cost.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

top topics

join