It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My doctor is angry at me for refusing let him treat a skin condition i have.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
My doctor is angry at me for refusing let him treat a skin condition i have.
I went to him for a check up that i needed to get for my works health care thingy and he saw that i have red blots on my skin. They kind of look like the blots on a cow... Had them my whole life... He says he wants me to use all this cream and take pills to get ride of them... All the pills and creams are not covered by the health care thingy... I said "NO.. had them all my life" and he got all mad and said i "HAD" to follow his instructions... I had him finsh my check up and left...

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Toastbuster

I would have just said "Okay." and then never filled the prescription.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Yeah... I am not the kind of person to say things that are not just to get things done... I haft to see him once a year and i don't want him asking about it over and over... But i got a feeling he is going anyways

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Same here,I'd just pretend to comply. The doctor won't even remember it in a year.

edit on 8-9-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

I'm curious what kind of pills did he advise you to take? Look them up and I bet there is some whack side affects, you can print out the info and shove it in his face........that is if you go back to him.

This reminds me of a dentist I had a few years back. She was dreadful,she sardined appointments and rushed each person in and out. She told me on one visit that I needed a crown and gave me the number of a dentist who specializes in them. I called them and they charged an outrageous price and did not take payments so I tried a few other numbers. I found a dentist who charged a third of the price and offered payment plans who was also courteous. When I went back to my regular dentist for regular check up she was furious that I did not go to who she told me to go and sent me out of her office and told me never to come back.

It's all about kickbacks, if she recommended me then she gets recommended etc.... probably some form of compensation. Your doctor probably gets the same from the drug company and feels that you took away from him.

I predict less and less people are going to be going to the doctor because of obamacare. One day we might not have the choice but for now at least, fine or not we can't be dragged to the doctor's and force fed pills. I'm lucky my doctor listens to me and advises me and I presume all hs patients on better lifestyle choices and not drugs, drgus, drugs.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

its interesting about the cow connection
maybe he should have done a faeces test on you to see if what was coming out was also cow related

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Hey, kids need braces, the cars needs new brakes and shoes, the roof took a hit last winter.......there are lots of "excuses" why you couldn't fill the prescription. It's really none of his business, but don't let him know that...

edit on 8-9-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
You don´t tell what is the name of your condition.. so im guessing.
If it is lupus you should consider taking the pills and use that cream. Untreated can cause kidney failure and other organ failures. It´s autoimmune disease and those are the ones you should really treat.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by brandiwine14

I can't even remember the name of the meds he wanted me to take because i flat out cut him right off..
Was there for a routine physical check up.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

I highly doubt if it would be Lupus. That disease is pretty rare. My cousin had lupus. I would tend to believe environmental conditions are the problem. An allergy to something you are doing is probably the problem. Soaps and shampoos cause reactions to the skin to over three percent of people. Try a different soap.

It is always better to limit allergen exposure than to take meds. Sometimes there is no option though. I would go for a second opinion to someone who specializes in it if you are concerned. Someone who will try to help you find the right way to do things.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

edit on 8-9-2013 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
If you've had the blotches all your life and your fine, then whats the point in filling your body with chemicals!

If I was you I'd get a second opinion on what the cause of the blotches is, and take it from there.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
he was just trying to hook you into the endless cycle of coming to his office over and over again.

once i had a benign tumor on my forehead. the company that i worked for had changed insurance a few months before, and i had to go to a new primary care doctor first.

the first visit, he spent a total of five minutes with me and ordered all kinds of lab work, had to wait a month to see him the next time. when i came back the second time, just like the first time there was at least 50 people in the waiting room and more coming in every five minutes or so. i waited for a hour to see him, again when he came into the exam room, he spent about five minutes going over the test results and telling me he found several things that i needed to start taking medication for, before he could refer me to a surgeon, the third visit was was only a two weeks later, this time he order some more test and also refereed me to the surgeon. also set up another visit, for two weeks.

when i went to the surgeon it was in and out and to the hospital in less than two weeks.

now during all this i started feeling like Sh@@, i told the doctor about that. so he started playing with the meds and kept me coming back.

this went on for all most a year, i finally told him on the last visit to his office that i would not be coming back and would no longer be taking the medication he was prescribing for me. he asked why and i told him,
that i only came to see him for the referral, per the insurance company, and that i had no complaints about my health other wise. since i had started seeing him and taking the medication that he was giving me, i was experiencing, just about all the side effects that the drugs said might happen.

furthermore judging by the number of people in his waiting room, and the amount of time he spent with me, he was just running a patent mill and filling for dollars.

man was he pissed, that was almost 20 years ago and i haven't been to a dr, other than for a emergency type visit. and i feel fine.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I agree, there are a lot of harmless spots etc on people bodies that are there for no sinister reason. Being of 100% celtic background, myself, and basically everyone in my family suffers from keratosis pilaris, mostly just on upper arms, (partly why I covered them in tattoos) and some have them on thighs, but get constantly asked 'do you have goosebumps?' keratosis pilaris - If I went to a dr for them, there isn't really anything that can be done, a dermatologist could be of some help - but I have a friend who has spend hundreds on trying to get rid of them, with no luck. You've just got to deal with the skin you live in!

It really is all about kickbacks, I have zero trust for GPs and only visit when necessary and need something that's not available without prescription. I would have just smiled, taken his prescription, and never filled it, and gone to a different doc next time I needed something.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

You have not idea how many prescriptions my doctor try to push on me because my insurance covers almost everything.
I do like others said I take the prescriptions and shove them in a drawer in the kitchen.

The last time I saw her she wanted me to be on cholesterol pills even when my cholesterol was normal, on antidepressants, anti anxiety, and hormone replacements because I am already pre menopause and on two or three blood pressure pills because one is not enough, on COPD medication because I complain of cough.

After sitting in the waiting room listening by mistake the lady next to me naming about 15 different medications she was taken I decided that I will never be money making ginea pig for big pharma.

Everytime you fill a prescription the doctor gets an incentive.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I remember I was going through a stage of depression at around 22 and my doctor prescribed me an anti-depressant (effexor) that was so truly horrible, made me completely suicidal, had no emotion, no sense of right and wrong, couldn't sleep, ground my teeth awfully, etc etc, it was then that I realised that they really don't care about treating you - they just throw what they get paid to endorse at you and hope you go away and fill it. I never ever went back to her and it took me 6 months to wean off them slowly, and spent a solid MONTH in bed getting those 'headshocks' that come when you miss an antidepressant tablet. Awful. Now I'm older, I realise I never really had depression, it was more my current situation that had put me in a bad place, but she didn't even ask my why I felt like I did, how often, etc etc, just 'here, take this'

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by bkaust

I know exactly what you are talking about, the head shock I got them after a side effect of my last surgery, the painkillers that was used on my IV cause me to have the worst anxiety I ever had in my life, that is when my doctor started to handle me antidepressants and anti anxiety like it was candy, I took none I manage with the mental stress that I knew it was chemical caused, I started to experience adrenaline rushes that will keep me wide awake for days.

It took me about 3 months to get over it., I remember when it was over the morning I woke up and I felt like electricity was running in my brain then I actually felt like my brain shaking, I swear it was like a seizure and then it was over I had this two times and it was over, is been two years now and never had this thing again, it takes time for the body to recuperate from side effects of medications, I read that some people side effects from anesthesia can last up to one year.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Doctors are legal pill pushers

I used to suffer from some kind of weird skin condition that caused red blotches all over too, and I started taking a tablespoon of all natural apple cider vinegar every morning. Within 3 weeks my skin was as clear as a newborn baby.

I'm not recommending that you should do that, just saying that's what I do, never go a morning without my ACV! That stuff is amazing for skin conditions.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Whenever I sense the doctor isn't acting in my best interests I just ask them one question:
"Who is your malpractice insurance carrier?"
That never fails to relieve the symptoms of being "over doctored".

ganjoa

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

You have not idea how many prescriptions my doctor try to push on me because my insurance covers almost everything.
I do like others said I take the prescriptions and shove them in a drawer in the kitchen.

The last time I saw her she wanted me to be on cholesterol pills even when my cholesterol was normal, on antidepressants, anti anxiety, and hormone replacements because I am already pre menopause and on two or three blood pressure pills because one is not enough, on COPD medication because I complain of cough.

After sitting in the waiting room listening by mistake the lady next to me naming about 15 different medications she was taken I decided that I will never be money making ginea pig for big pharma.

Everytime you fill a prescription the doctor gets an incentive.

When you have good insurance, the doctors send you for more tests and prescribe lots of meds. I'm not taking any long term meds anymore, my liver does not like anything taken for more than a couple of weeks. I have really good insurance, the problem is that the doctors are even doing this to people without insurance now. The medical industry must be suffering to try to drain the pocket books of everyone. People don't understand, the prices of health insurance go up if a lot of people get unnecessary treatments. Pretty soon people's deductibles and premiums will go through the roof. Employers will cancel coverage. This has been slowly building over the years, the medical field has too many employees to support.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join