It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama At G20 On Syria- Congressmen, Ignore Your Constituants -

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Obama being totally aware that the majority of Americans do not support military action in Syria, had this to say to congress:

Ultimately, you listen to your constituents, but you’ve also got to make some decisions about what you believe is right for America.

So is dictating what is best for us is what he considers the right choice? I don't like where this man is going with this... And I certainly don't approve of him hinting for them to take an action against their constituents wishes. . How does this make you feel?

Obama Admits Public Opposition To Syria Strike (Transcript)

edit on 6-9-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

He goes from being a Community Organizer to "Ignore Your Community". Very interesting.

+19 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

How is this guy not the worst President ever?

He is such an arrogant elitist.

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
he's quite the spoiled brat isnt he?
i see a tantrum coming.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

This is one of the best quotes from the article...

“Our polling operations are pretty good, you know, I tend to have a pretty good sense of what current popular opinion is,”

Not sure if he's joking, if it's sarcasm, if he actually believes it, or if he's flat out lieing.

He's just dead set on dropping bombs and don't care to even try diplomacy.
edit on 6-9-2013 by ShadowLink because: Just wanted to say I was being sarcastic, we all know exactly what he's doing. that being whatever he can to sell this war.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Did anybody else notice that he looked like a kid who was told no by his mother today when he was talking.

youtu.be...

He sounds so pathetic.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
The office has a legacy he can ride on. Colin Powell's and GWB's arguments for attacking Iraq were weak to say the least. They just went ahead and did it anyway while all we did is run around like sheep. We need to start trying these duds for war crimes and make people think twice about being CIA pawns while they're president.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Well he's just telling Congress to do what they've BEEN doing anyway !!

But I doubt he knows that.

Now the House may not even vote at all !!

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I can't even listen to our own leaders anymore. What happened to the leaders in this country? As George Carlin said - Garbage in , Garbage out. Where do these politicians come from?
edit on 6-9-2013 by VimanaExplorer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by autopat51

That's how I see it. Spoiled brats get very very angry when they don't get their way and become even more determined to win - WHATEVER the cost.

Probably a big reason why he was chosen by the "rulers" to be our dear leader.
edit on 6-9-2013 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
To paraphrase Nancy Pelosi;

We have to vote for a war before we know who we're fighting.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
This is what the start of a breakdown looks like.

youtu.be...

just to lighten the mood.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Syria’s escalating use of chemical weapons threatens its neighbors, Turkey, Jordan, Lebanon, Iraq, Israel. It threatens to further destabilize the Middle East. It increases the risk that these weapons will fall into the hands of terrorist groups.

I still don't get how spanking Syria with some missiles is going to prevent chemical weapons from falling into the hands of terrorist groups. If anything, it might speed up the process.

Something is really fishy here.

He's gonna do it... we just don't know why (yet)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowLink

“Our polling operations are pretty good, you know, I tend to have a pretty good sense of what current popular opinion is,”

That one damn quote pissed me off so bad. The sheer arrogance and dismissiveness of it is nauseating. Unbelievable really.

I would caution this...Pride goes before the fall.

It smacks of a sort of "Mission Accomplished" moment. Totally out of touch. Good Luck with that Mr. President, it didn't turn out so well for your predecessor.
edit on 9/6/2013 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I am worried about his sanity. Is anyone else?

The american people are against it by an overwhelming majority.

Congress is so against it, they may be reneging on a vote because Obama doesn't want to be further embarrassed.

99% of the countries in the WORLD are opposed.

The Pope is asking him not to strike.

Russia and Iran are threatening the US if Obama strikes

Soldiers are posting public opposition to Obama

The head of the joint chief's of staff has no idea of what Obama's objective is, as he told congress

AND Obama and his staff are worried about "saving face" rather than the millions who may die if this sparks WWIII. China obviously thinks it will, even China is sending military to the region, and not in support of Obama's single minded goal.

This shows that our country's system has one flaw. There is not a policy in place to relieve the commander in chief if he shows signs of insanity.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowLink
reply to post by elouina

This is one of the best quotes from the article...

Not sure if he's joking, if it's sarcasm, if he actually believes it, or if he's flat out lieing.

He's just dead set on dropping bombs and don't care to even try diplomacy.
edit on 6-9-2013 by ShadowLink because: Just wanted to say I was being sarcastic, we all know exactly what he's doing. that being whatever he can to sell this war.

He can't believe those words... that's nothing more than thought manipulation.

If thats sarcasm, at this point - on the verge of war, what an a**hole

And if thats not sarcasm, he is completely out of touch with reality and unfit to be president (if he ever was initially).
edit on 6-9-2013 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by grandmakdw

What, you mean behavior sort of like an angry little Napoleon?
I honestly feel that this man will do whatever he darn well pleases. Before everyone nodded their heads and went along. Now the honeymoon is over and he still wants his way. Now this thought is very scary.

edit on 6-9-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

LOL , hey beezer , Nancy Says Hi ! .........

[snipped]
edit on Fri Sep 6 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesaneone
This is what the start of a breakdown looks like.

youtu.be...

just to lighten the mood.

Good One !!

Here is Obama leaving the summit.....

"Obama Kicks Door Open"

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by grandmakdw

I am worried about his sanity. Is anyone else?

I think he's perfectly sane... It's pretty clear to me that someone is making him do this and he's doing his best acting job to make it look like he's behind it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join