It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama At G20 On Syria- Congressmen, Ignore Your Constituants -

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
this is what will happen:

U.S. launches "decisive" missile strike

Syria, responding like any country would to a missile strike, will fire at either our ships/embassies or at Israel. if they don't, we'll do it for them and say they did it.

then boom, president obama (through the war powers resolution) has 60 days to do whatever he wants militarily without congressional approval (he merely has to notify them) and an additional 30 day "withdrawal" period. even if president obama violates this and stays for longer, he won't face charges. clinton got away with it, after all.

we launch these missiles (and we will), we'll go to war.

obama set the "red line" so he could have U.S. funded rebels cross it, then blame it on the Syrian government.
edit on 6-9-2013 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

Good theory Bob.

Sheer insanity cloaked under the guise of federal law for cover.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Ultimately, you listen to your constituents, but you’ve also got to make some decisions about what you believe is right for America.

Listen to your constituents but then do what`s right for america.
It sounds like he Is implying that the people don`t know what`s right for america, well I got news for him it is we the people who are america,without the people there is no america.

congress controls the purse strings, no money no war, congress needs stand up for the people and tell obama,the people don`t want this war and we aren`t going to give you any money to fight it.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

The sad part is, if someone did make a long list of factual reasons for impeachment, probably nothing would ever come of it cause half of the house and most of the senate are just as guilty and corrupt as the President.

How can everyone get into a big uproar over Clinton getting a blow job and impeach him, and absolutely nothing happen for all the crap Obama and even Bush have done?

They blatantly lie to our faces now, circumvent or completely ignore the constitution, the law and even the people and nothing is ever done.

I guess a better question is, WHY hasn't anyone brought forth a laundry list of impeachable offenses?

Is anyone else as frustrated with our Governments as I am?

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by wrabbit2000

You know the really pathetic thing about that? What is most likely happening is a small army of interns is being ordered by White House Staffers to insure polls get done. They cut a few corners. The Staffers were told by the advisers, which topics needed polled and they'll take what the interns give them and consolidate it down. Then the advisers will cut down the small table to 3-7 facts on a page. Probably just one page, and maybe only once or twice for all it matters.....is all I'll bet Obama personally sees before making statements like that.

This is the sort of thing that really irks me. The dumb bastard gets the same Internet I do; why can't he godDAMNit do a little research on his own?

Think about it: We've been knowing that insiders have starved presidents of intel since Nixon, at least. Hasn't BHO also heard that? Does he truly not know that he's being deprived, lied to, and manipulated? Something tells me he only wants to hear what he wants to hear....

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowLink

Oh its been done, just visit any anti Obama site on the web and you will hear about it. And there are a lot of them. Just type his name and the word impeach into Google, that's all you need to do. I have seen some lists in the hundreds.

Here's one to get you started

Impeach Obama Campaign

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And here is some fodder for you. This was posted today actually.

“I’ll give you a real frank answer about that: If we were to impeach the president tomorrow, you could probably get the votes in the House of Representatives to do it. But it would go to the Senate, and he wouldn’t be convicted," Farenthold told a constituent.

Bill Flores: House 'Would Probably' Vote To Impeach Obama

edit on 6-9-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
this is a bit off topic..not really though
i was reading on Yahoo news today that possibly 10's of thousands
of prisoners have vanished from a N. Korea gulag...probably due to starvation.
i had to think..why dont we have ships off their shores trying to save the good
people of N. Korea? why arent we threatening lil Kim with Tomohawks?
the reason is simple..no pay backs..N. Korea has nothing we want or need.
sorry people..unless you discover huge uranium or gold deposits..or maybe oil
you are not worth our time...

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Lets just say this is the reason JFK wanted to pull the plug on the 1947 creation of Looney Land Inc...better known as the National Security Act.

They(the ones calling the shots) are actually more dangerous than any psychopath or spree killer since Jack the Ripper.

Look at how McCain laughs giggle smirks and taunts at the recent town hall meetings.

Might as well step on newborns heads and eat their genitals...it gets actually weirder the further we move along..

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Thanks, I was unaware.
I'm guessing none of them were successful due to the fact that those who decide if it should be taken to the next level are just as guilty and wouldn't want to be dragged down too.

I know I bash him a lot, and I feel justified in doing so, but I don't do much research on him mostly cause he disgusts me.

Also as a side note, I hope most Americans here understand that the vast majority of the non-Americans who post anti-American comments here have nothing against it's people, just it's Government.
We all know the Canadian, UK etc... Governments are not much better.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by thesaneone

It totally sounds like he's gonna drop more chemical weapons in Syria before they go in so the whole world jumps in on it. Or at least he hopes they do. My god, this guy gets more dispicable by the hour. Am i the only one that got that from this video?

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by elouina

Ultimately, you listen to your constituents, but you’ve also got to make some decisions about what you believe is right for America.

OK. Balance time.

Yes, representatives are elected to represent the will of the people.

But they are also there because they have put themselves forward as the people who need to make the tough decisions if need be.

And while the opinion on ATS - particularly from those who openly cannot stand the president and would (seemingly) call for his impeachment if he wore what they considered to be the wrong colour suit - is anti war, the question is this.

If you have an electorate of 10,000 people and 351 of them ring you/write to you and say they are opposed to a strike, it sure sounds like a lot - but what do you do about the other 9,649 people that didn't ring you/write to you.

Now granted, if 9.999 of them write to you and say the same thing, its a done deal. But what if its marginal? Say 4,500? Do you assume the rest think the same? Are they just apathetic? Do they hold the opposite view but just aren't saying it?

This is politics. The loudest shouters do not always represent the majority. They just represent the most vocal at the time.

I work with politics every single day and its a hard lesson to learn because when someone is focused and shouting at you it seems like the whole world is knocking down your door, but it may not be.

I think that's whats being alluded to here. No one - not one of us - on ATS knows what the majority of people think in the USA. So sometimes, its a decision call.

Of course, those who disagree with the decision call are going to boo and hiss, and those who agree will laud it.

But he's not saying ignore your constituents. He's saying that the whole thing needs weighing up VERY carefully - as it should be, by those who put themselves in a position to make the call.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Go outside ask 10 random people yes or no for war in Syria , 9 or 10 will say no

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
They will pass this the same way they got the bailout for the banks. When they wanted to bailout the banks the people no and it did not pass then they just went behind closed doors and passed it.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

So you say. Is that actually true though?

There are 313.9 million people in the USA. Do you speak for all of them?

I think you'll find the answer is no.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

but what do you do about the other 9,649 people that didn't ring you/write to you.

You ring them...

Thirty-six percent of Americans favor the U.S. taking military action in order to reduce Syria's ability to use chemical weapons. The majority -- 51% -- oppose such action, while 13% are unsure.

Gallup Poll

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Metallicus

I still believe George W and his administration still holds that title, but Obama is placing himself in that category..

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Metallicus
How is this guy not the worst President ever?

He absolutely is. No question at all. The world is laughing at us and he hasn't got a freak'n clue as to what he is doing. Then add in Obamacare and his racist interjections where they don't belong. (etc etc) He's one humdinger of a lousy POTUS.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
reply to post by xavi1000

So you say. Is that actually true though?

The last poll I saw said that only 9% of Americans wanted us to strike Syria.
IF that poll is accurate .. then his statement of 9/10 of Americans not wanting to go is true.
Of course .. polls can be made to say anything ... but based on my conversations with people
I'm thinking it's probably pretty accurate.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop

I think he's perfectly sane... It's pretty clear to me that someone is making him do this and he's doing his best acting job to make it look like he's behind it.

You are spot on... it's George Soros!

INSIDE THE MIND OF THE MAN WHO CONTROLS OBAMA

www.americanreform.org...

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
Listen to your constituents but then do what`s right for america.
It sounds like he Is implying that the people don`t know what`s right for america,

That's exactly what he's implying, and its also not surprising. This is a big government advocate who is advocating a big government solution, because, in their minds, the people are too stupid to know what's good for them.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join