It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking news: Putin: Russia will help Syria in case of foreign military assault.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by deviant300

This isn't going to end well. Don't know what else to say, really.

+19 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Words cannot adequately express the utter hatred and contempt I feel for our Warmonger and Thief. I am so angry I could spit nails... May the Lord protect our Sailors and pilots who are about to be sacrificed in the name of hubris and greed.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
They also just said that if Obama doesnt win congressional support that an attack will be called off. Its looking like he will not win congressional support as it is extremely unpopular. Ive been saying since this thing started that an attack will NOT happen and i stand by my premise.
edit on 6-9-2013 by princeofpeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I'm dropping this here, because I really don't want to start an entire thread about it, but feel it's worth a mention, (hopefully mods, please allow it, thanks)

Senator Lindsey Graham:

He says if there is no U.S. response, Iran will not believe America’s resolve to block Iran from developing nuclear weapons. Graham also says those nuclear weapons in the hands of terrorists could result in a bomb coming to Charleston Harbor.

He says he’s working to convince South Carolinians weary of war that the situations in Syria and Iran are linked. Graham says Syria could destabilize the entire Middle East.

Source: CBS news charlotte.cbslocal.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Yet, the CNN Breaking news ticker says:

Obama says because of U.N. Security Council paralysis on Syria, countries should be willing to act without authorization.

I guess we'll see.

CNN

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
HE just mentioned WWII and how America didn't help British at first...

Holy smokes.

that caught me by surprise too.
hopefully logic will prevail and we do not go into Syria.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Is this a sign Russia will honour it's mutual defence agreement with Syria? time will tell

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I keep trying to ignore these threads since it gets my blood boiling but I can't because I'm so stunned at how much this guy misuses the power that has been given to him. If Obama has now said "we are going for it" (which I did not personally hear), the American people need to insist he be held accountable for absolutely everything that goes wrong in this in addition to bypassing congress (assuming his remark means he intends to with or without approval).

I truly feel as if people behind the scenes carefully chose this particular person to be president due to his personality - knowing he would do whatever he wanted, to not only undo the US but aid terrorism. Its surreal. And no one is doing anything.

Maybe I'm jumping the gun in here - I'm assuming he has said he's going for it. I already know this is his attitude and he can't not tolerate not getting his way. He believes he is right even if a billion people try to convince him otherwise. He simply dismisses it, as if delusional, and truly believes most support it. This is mental illness and in my opinion a president should be required to be mentally fit for his job. It is abundantly clear he is narcissistic but delusional is another to add to that list. I'm not trying to be mean or hateful. I am truly concerned.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
They also just said that if Obama doesnt win congressional support that an attack will be called off. Its looking like he will not win congressional support as it is extremely unpopular. Ive been saying since this thing started that an attack will NOT happen and i stand by my premise.
edit on 6-9-2013 by princeofpeace because: (no reason given)

Though I too, want to believe in fairy tales. Don't hold your breath. Methinks you forget his magic executive order pen, that whips right over the Constitution, and will of the People, and his mighty Commander and Chief hat that gives him super powers to declare war on whomever, whenever he deems it necessary, or beneficial to his dwindling popularity ratings.

Des

edit on 6-9-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Yep, you said it. I have No Doubt that it will happen. None.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Is he still talking? Can't watch on my phone

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
People know by now how i feel about this theatre, however I will say this.

The fact he mentioned WW2... Did not see that coming.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taissa
I'm dropping this here, because I really don't want to start an entire thread about it, but feel it's worth a mention, (hopefully mods, please allow it, thanks)

Senator Lindsey Graham:

He says if there is no U.S. response, Iran will not believe America’s resolve to block Iran from developing nuclear weapons. Graham also says those nuclear weapons in the hands of terrorists could result in a bomb coming to Charleston Harbor.

He says he’s working to convince South Carolinians weary of war that the situations in Syria and Iran are linked. Graham says Syria could destabilize the entire Middle East.

Source: CBS news charlotte.cbslocal.com...

Like we would ever get lucky enough to have a bomb land on him.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
We are so divided we cannot organise against tyranny. The government no longer fears the people and does what they will. Perhaps a global reset is what is required to level out the evil for the good are impotent, ignorant and naïve.

Start burying time capsules with important material. Things of true knowledge and virtue that will aid the next cycle of civilisation as they start from scratch.

And don't put the bible or Koran in there geez. It'll all just start again.
edit on 6-9-2013 by SomethingsJustNotRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
Big talk. No game.

Sure they'll attempt to deliver arms, but in no way will Russian ships engage US ones.

There are many more US Subs in the region than ships (I'm confident), that it'd be a harsh mistake.

yep Russia is an 3th world army right?

you do"nt need lots of ships today.....only the proper weapon to take those out... much cheaper and moore effective
guess putin learned his lesson

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Putin taking a stand doesn't surprise me...

what would surprise me now is if the U.S actually went ahead with the attack and if they do what will the repercussions be..?

so what is the general consensus here on ATS....

is this conflict going to kick off in a big way or will it fizzle out like all the N korea tension? Not that there are similiratities between the two regions, Im just using that as an example.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
reply to post by princeofpeace

Yet, the CNN Breaking news ticker says:

Obama says because of U.N. Security Council paralysis on Syria, countries should be willing to act without authorization.

I guess we'll see.

CNN

does that mean we can bomb Israel?there is an U.N. Security Council paralysis on Israel but its unthinkable they would be bombed

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

yes and may he also protect the innocent civillians in syria that are going to get bombed..they can strategicly bomb all they want but there will be civillian casualties.
then once the ball is rolling who knows what may happen..the scenarios are not good

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
This is what happens, countries protect their own interests at all costs... Doesn't anyone find it strange that some of our strongest relationships from the middle east, like Saudi Arabia, treat homosexuality as being illegal and have executed men for it, but we bash Russia for their recent stance on gays? This just proves that when money is involved all bets are off.. Russia needs Syria, just like the US needs Saudi Arabia, and when there are economic ties to the countries you know they will look the other way when issues begin to arise within the borders.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Somebody should remind our Disaster and Chief....

Heck Slayer this guy Noble was a weapons manufacture and a good one. He even set up the Noble peace prize himself. It wasn't something other men did to honor Noble but something Noble may have done to honor himself. Maybe he was on a guilt trip or really believed that better weapons keep the peace.

Anyway knocking off 3rd world dictators was right up his alley.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join