It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I officially refute the Law of One ideology.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I have decided after much deliberation that the ideology behind the law one is inherently false through my own observations of consciousness that i have experienced during this short period on earth. Here is why....

How do you describe separation of self when everything is you? Wait, how do you understand the idea of separation of self? What is that idea?

What about love? How can love work, how can it exist in that paradigm?

Does anyone know?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

You are a human. You are capable of observing 1% of 0.000000000000000000000001% of the universe. I'm not sure where your credibility comes from in this matter.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

What credibility, about what?

My credibility about an idea or philosophy?

How about you consider the idea and determine my credibility then we can discuss it.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
You seem to have a very simplistic view on words such as love and oneness.

2nd.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

WOW bammo - put it right out there. LOL
I work and struggle with the concept myself - but I can almost see into it.
To me the understanding of it as concept is something along the lines of enlightenment.
I still struggle with my fleshly body and my own ego - this stands in the way of that ALL ONE consciousness.

The ALL ONE Love is way beyond sexual relationship or family bonds kind of ego related emotion stuff -
The ALL ONE LOVE is beyond articulation, imo.

The all one is not a "thinking" concept - it is a "being" concept.
It is not something to be analyzed and neatly understood. I think the understanding of it is something that takes meditation. You made mention of your short time here, I will assume that means you are of a young age? - I've been here near half century and this is a concept I struggle with still - and I am actively working to attain understanding of and I would say my quest started about 30 years ago. I want to achieve enlightenment. I want off this planet - I want out of here - I want to break any and all soul contracts and karma bonds and get to the ALL ONE. Its a daily practice for me - and my ego and flesh still attacks. Chop wood - carry water. Chop wood - carry water. Die to self. Chop wood - carry water.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBirdSaid

I understand that, thats what im addressing. You said it exactly as how i understand it but don't believe that it exists as explained. I am addressing questions that arise when i begin to isolate the ideas of why, i am still working them out but i am slowly able to isolate the idea in a way that i can communicate to you through the questioning of ideas.

You get me?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

You are a human. You are capable of observing 1% of 0.000000000000000000000001% of the universe. I'm not sure where your credibility comes from in this matter.

oh man were do i begin........ u r a troll, no that is to easy. Ill just go after the content you provided on this thread. You are a human. You are capable of observing 1% of 0.000000000000000000000001% of the universe. Your opinion on this thread means nothing and there for your previous post means nothing.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

How do you describe separation of self when everything is you?

everything is you?

isn't that solipsism?

and the you in the above is not You, it's the ego,
the self as opposed to The Self

you seem to be viewing TLOO from a STS POV

"namaste"

edit on 5-9-2013 by TheMagus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Love is funny thing and I think there is no one definition. I think its one of those great mystery's of life that no one person holds the answer to. So whatever paradigm your talking about it exists within and without it

edit on 5-9-2013 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

onequestion
I have decided after much deliberation that the ideology behind the law one is inherently false through my own observations of consciousness that i have experienced during this short period on earth.

What is the ideology of the law of one?

onequestion
How do you describe separation of self when everything is you?

What do you mean by the words "everything is"?
What is the state of "everything"?
What do you consider "you"?
I find that those questions should be answered until you know for certain that your answer is true. Explaining your findings would be an appropriate indication that you know what the quoted words and phrase mean. When you manage to do so, I think the question will not be as difficult to answer correctly.

onequestion
Wait, how do you understand the idea of separation of self? What is that idea?

One self may exist as an individual mind, body, and perhaps spirit.
Individuals are separated because they have their own mind/body/spirit which they are either conscious of, or which they exercise free-will through.

onequestion

Does anyone know?

Okay, what I [fallibly] know love is that you can feel it like truth. In a way, someone can prove their self as the very concept which they envision. One can have an idea of love, and already that idea has some resonance, or some truth, with the person, enough so that they can think it once, and then further seek it in thought.
One can choose to express that love, and the more the individual develops that love in whatever circumstance, the more it becomes true, or felt, in the person.
Love works in the paradigm because it already exists in the paradigm. The conception of separation does not eliminate love, unless you choose to take love as something which cannot exist alongside the paradigm of separation...which I find contradictory, since, in that case, an individual who lives in the paradigm could never conceive what "love" is...so if the individual can't conceive it, how can that individual know that such an inconceivable...thing... has no existence within the paradigm?
[I do not know what love is]
edit on 5-9-2013 by 1Learner because: i had to add some words, they are within brackets.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Most of all, think infinity. We're in infinity, as a platform and everything is infinite. We are all like fractals, infinite fractals, infinite parts of infinity. Our infinity is equal to the infinity all around us.

The concept of All Is One, in the Law of One, means we are as if feelers, of this One being, that reaches a certain level of learning, perhaps and then is absorbed. That God is continually having to learn. I'm not sure how many times God, must learn that starvation is evil and horrendous torture of children throughout this world and ohters. But many cycles ago, same things happened, yet, God had to repeat this. God has to murder over and over, rape over and over, just to experience rape. God in the Law of One ideology seems alot like the bear or chimp in the childrens book, riding the bicycle in circles, with infinity as a low frequency testing ground circle and not infinite progression as it must be, there is nothing else it can be. The bear is stupid, the bear is stupid, circles just circles.

In this distorted idea, there is no right or wrong either, hence its a trap put out by rather high elite levels to corrupt souls.

Also try to put a dot on a piece of paper and pretend that dot is infinite yet conceives itself as one. So what is surrounding the dot? That dot is finite if that is all it is, and everything would have passed long ago. Instead, its one of infinite dots connected by an infinite energy source that does not join up.

We are infinite parts of infinity/Source is Infinite but never comes together as One Entity/Soul/Consciousness.

I see us as in Oneness on Higher Levels passed the tests, but infinitely unique and individual. The Family of Goodness, with the Spirit of Infinite Consciousness connecting us. Infinite Branches to an infinitely diverse Infinite Vine.
edit on 5-9-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

How do you explain listening to music played on a radio when the signal comes from outside the box you are listening to.
The same goes for the television and the computer I am typing on right now which is wireless.
I think our soul is just another form of energy with a consciousness that can inhabit matter for a time
but like all matter on this planet it is in a constant state of flux.
Our bodies are designed to allow such a consciousness to inhabit it for a time. Many things can alter the length of time in this body, some are controllable, such as good eating, exercise, not smoking or drinking to excess, other things such as being hit by a bus or defects in the material such as cancer cant be controlled.
Obviously a higher power enabled such a situation to exist, is it God? I dont know. What I do know is
the body degrades back to its basic form when not occupied by a consciousness, becomes food for other consciousness controlled forms and the cycle continues.
Upon death of this corporeal shell, basically when the heart cant pump oxygen and blood to vital organs the consciousness goes back to source to ponder the life it had just led, to learn from any mistakes before going back as a lifeform again.
All we are doing in this life is learning and experiencing, thats my view anyway.
I cant prove it, It is just my gut feel.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   

I got you - I think it takes time.
I think in some cases depending on ego attachment it takes a lot of time.
I'm not there yet and I have practiced almost 30 years.
Tell me - how long have you been at this? Some do have a sudden awakening but in my case not yet.
I'm sure you have seen pictures of monks - some dedicate their lives to this endeavor.
So its not just a bammo-whammo-you suddenly "got it kind of thing" -

You got me, grasshopper?

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   

I think you're missing one key experience, the actual experience of oneness. This can be achieved through extensive meditation as well as a number of other means.

Once you have experienced oneness, you will understand that separation and duality is an illusion. A powerful illusion, the result of consciousness being concentrated into a single living body. All bodies are a part of the same energy field, and consciousness IS the field.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Be back to comment, busy today might be on later.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

What credibility, about what?

My credibility about an idea or philosophy?

How about you consider the idea and determine my credibility then we can discuss it.

Here is what you asked:

How do you describe separation of self when everything is you? Wait, how do you understand the idea of separation of self? What is that idea?

My response was made as I was heading out the door to run some errands, so it wasn't as detailed as I would have liked it, but I was essentially saying that you are to the Logos as an ant is to you. An ant is blind, deaf, dumb, and excruciatingly fragile compared to you. It doesn't know the planet exists, or the continent, or the oceans, or the clouds, or outer space. All it knows is the 3 or 4 square feet of earth or concrete its scrabbling around on...and even then, it's only aware of a fraction of what is actually in that space. All of the particles, all of the radiation, all of the sounds and frequencies incessantly bouncing off of surfaces...

Does that give you some idea of why you failed to grasp the ideology in Law of One? You are attempting to delve into Calculus without having taken a proper course in Algebra. Do some more research, you'll be amazed. I know I was.

ETA: And I don't see any official "rebuttal" of Law of One either. You may have spoken a bit hastily on that count.
edit on 6-9-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

An ant is blind, deaf, dumb, and excruciatingly fragile compared to you. It doesn't know the planet exists, or the continent, or the oceans, or the clouds, or outer space.

The ant you speak of is knowing the environment he is in - he is seeing and hearing what appears to surround him.
Whereas you think you know other than your immediate environment - in mind there is the idea that there is more so the mind concerns itself with things outside its environment - things that are not present (like tomorrow or yesterday or somewhere else).
The ant is not separate from its environment - it is totally present with what is.
You are not separate from your environment but the mind projects other environments (scenes and stories about other environments) and you appear to exist in time and space.
The ant does not exist in time - it only knows the present. The ant does not project an image of itself in past stories or future stories.

The ant is one with all.

edit on 6-9-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

i never read LOA

but i agree no one is separated.

The feeling of separation began when our parents (whoever raise us) gave us a name and taught individual terms:
your name is ....
this is mama..
this is papa...
etc

imagine if we are being raised by chimpanzee or gorilla since we were a baby.
will we have the feeling of separation?

it will be just like fish in ocean, if a fish can speak and you ask what kind of fish she is, she will say ocean
edit on 6-9-2013 by dodol because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
All it knows is the 3 or 4 square feet of earth or concrete its scrabbling around on...and even then, it's only aware of a fraction of what is actually in that space. All of the particles, all of the radiation, all of the sounds and frequencies incessantly bouncing off of surfaces...

Are you aware of what is going on around you? Or is your awareness taken up with what is not around you like tomorrow or yesterday or any other time or space?
Humans may think they know more than an ant but what is there to actually 'know'? Can you 'know' something that is not present? Can you 'know' something that is not where you are?
You might 'think' you can but that is the deception.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   

I have decided after much deliberation that the ideology behind the law one is inherently false
well now, one would have to wonder about your dedication.

through my own observations of consciousness that i have experienced during this short period on earth.
one step on a very long ladder is hardly "much deliberation".
and what about your observations of unconsciousness ?

usually, decisions are based on more than questions.

however, let's explore your questions, shall we ?

this is about separation of the physical with the spirit/mind.
if you have no understanding of the unconscious mind, you cannot begin to understand the concept

try thinking of it as your blood is to your heart.
they are one, even when the blood(you) leaves the heart(physical) to travel the body(separation). however, even in separation, the body(heart & blood) is ONE.

if that helps, then take it one step further where you(heart) and your spirit/mind (blood) engage in separation from the physical (body).

have you ever experienced an out-of-body experience (OBE) ?
how 'bout dejavu ?
if you have, how do you explain these things ?

love is with you from the moment you are conceived.
love is not something you should seek, rather it is that which you should recognize.
in order to recognize it, you must be capable and willing to give/share it.

perhaps you need to deliberate a bit longer ?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join