It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Little kids.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   
My mom is a kindergarten teacher in the north end of Toronto. Today a little Afghan boy, 5, brought a replica gun to school. Not a cap gun, not a toy gun, not a water gun, a real, metal replica gun. He's only five years old! Apparently it was a gift from the mother, who told the principal to just throw the gun into the garbage.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Well, replica guns are not generally cheap. I remember a time when you could buy a semi-automatic version of the AK-47 for about a third of what a replica of the original weapon would cost.

There's nothing wrong with giving kids toy guns, or even replica guns. I had a gun when I was young that looked about as real as a gun could look. You had to look very closely to tell that it was not real although I do not believe that it in any way resembled an actual production firearm.

Given the political atmosphere, school is probably not the best place for such an item, but over reaction by the adults and authorities doesn't help the situation. Here, this kid would have probably been arrested.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I remember listening to the radio up here they were having a discussion about it. I believe that its illegal in Cnada to sell or posses afake firearm, i believe police shot and killed numerous suspects with fake firearms, which led to this law. The main argument was that children wont grow up to be criminals by having a replica gun, but rather how they are raised by there parents.

This brings up the point of acceptance within a household with guns or replicas around. Maybe its accepted in Afghanistan, but certainly its rare in Canada.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   
they have that stupid zero tolerance rule in schools for any kind of weapon, its no big deal for toys i dont know what is the big deal. even though parents should be encouarging more enlightening and positive toys to play with ie i dont know. parents usually start blathering about expressing paranoia which does anything but help the situation.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Ok put aside that the kid is Afghan. Above all else, he is a 5 year old boy!. He brought a toy gun to school. He's a five. He's a boy.

Can you put the pieces of the puzzle together?

new topics

top topics

join