It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why we SHOULD demand military action on Syria

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

History will look back at us.

It won't see all the posturing and
political games,

It won't see the media spin machine
and the day We The People started to resist it

It won't see that the public,
for the first moment in decades,
was feeling that they were getting
some control of their own country back.

No.

History will only see one thing.

That we dropped the ball,
when it came to an escalation of chemical warfare.

If we fail to act,
History will judge us
as failures as well.

Me must not just act,
we must demand action.

Don't let this be the Governments' idea,
don't let this be the Media's idea.

Make history see that at this moment
we shed our media controlled psy-op conditioning
and at that exact moment
we made the right decision
for the future of all human kind.

Why we SHOULD [color=gold] demand military action on Syria

/thank you for reading

Mike

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

+67 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Why we SHOULD demand military action on Syria, page 1

No we shouldn't demand anything

We should not "demand" that we send our sons to die

We Should not "demand that we get dragged into another war

We should not "Demand" that we continue to police the world at the expense of the national sovereignty of other stats

Really I have to ask

Why "us" its not "our" problem

its tragic and horrible whats going on but why must "we" do something, why not the Arab League for example why does it always have to be NATO states.

edit on 31-8-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

+32 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
If you want to go over and meddle even more in middle easten affarirs than maybe you should go enlist and do the dirty work yourlself cause I dam well certainly wont!

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mikegrouchy

If you are that keen, why not go join the rebels and lend a hand?

2nd line same as the first as the question may need repeating if this thread progresses!

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Okay, well I agree with you about dealing with the chemical warfare problem completely, I think it is totally asinine to stand by and not care while "other people" who "aren't you" are being hurt (the main problem with today's America is that pretty much everyone is an asshole).

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I think the problem comes from something different (people with the argument "let them die" really annoy me). The U.S. needs to make a good case for going into Syria, not a half-baked one. And then the U.S. needs to consider realistically the implications.

The military has been fighting terrorist organizations with Ak-47's and makeshift rocket launchers that are lucky when they shoot down a helicopter. Thinking that they could just strike a target with cruise missiles and then get out is kind of naive, when it would start a war with countries completely capable of destroying our entire fleet in the region if they wanted.

It would just take some policy changing and advanced contingency planning on the other side, unlike Al Qaeda, where they couldn't do even if they wanted to.

What would happen if there was a counter-attack that sunk some of our warships?
edit on 31-8-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Why we SHOULD demand military action on Syria, page 1

No we shouldn't demand anything

We should not "demand" that we send our sons to die

We Should not "demand that we get dragged into another war

We should not "Demand" that we continue to police the world at the expense of the national sovereignty of other stats

Really I have to ask

Why "us" its not "our" problem

its tragic and horrible whats going on but why must "we" do something, why not the Arab League for example why does it always have to be NATO states.

If there is one thing I have learned on ATS,

It's that debate and dissension is healthy.

The only moment when I get worried is when
everyone is posting the same thing,
and has the same feelings.

This is one of those cases.

When _everyone_ is unified against the action,
I suspect we are being played, in a way that
will not be clear, until the moment has
passed and it is too late to regain
our moral standing.

I mean ask yourself,
Have you ever seen so many people on ATS
agreeing with you?

Mike

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok
If you want to go over and meddle even more in middle easten affarirs than maybe you should go enlist and do the dirty work yourlself cause I dam well certainly wont!

I did.
I know exactly what I'm saying.

ATS really above top secret: I was there (first shots on Iran)

I am not some kind of armchair warrior.

Mike

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy

If you are that keen, why not go join the rebels and lend a hand?

2nd line same as the first as the question may need repeating if this thread progresses!

In a country,
and on a forum,
where everyone seems to be 100% unified against the POTUS,
I would say that I have joined the Rebel,
and am wondering if anyone else
will wise up and wake up before it's too late.

Mike

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I agree Mike, thank you. For a long time in America, we have been polarized and even the liberals have started quoting sound bytes instead of thinking for themselves. We should never have homogeneous political groups, that is completely ridiculous.

I used to be a Democrat, until the liberals started pushing for this agenda of no free speech. Well, if they punish those who don't think like them, it is only going to end in disaster, for you only learn from interacting with people who have different perspectives.

And if you don't listen to people who have legitimate opinions and viewpoints, it only pushes them underground, where they radicalize as well.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
Okay, well I agree with you about dealing with the chemical warfare problem completely, I think it is totally asinine to stand by and not care while "other people" who "aren't you" are being hurt (the main problem with today's America is that pretty much everyone is an asshole).

Thank you.

This is for you.

Mike

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I think the problem comes from something different (people with the argument "let them die" really annoy me). The U.S. needs to make a good case for going into Syria, not a half-baked one. And then the U.S. needs to consider realistically the implications.

The military has been fighting terrorist organizations with Ak-47's and makeshift rocket launchers that are lucky when they shoot down a helicopter. Thinking that they could just strike a target with cruise missiles and then get out is kind of naive, when it would start a war with countries completely capable of destroying our entire fleet in the region if they wanted.

It would just take some policy changing and advanced contingency planning on the other side, unlike Al Qaeda, where they couldn't do even if they wanted to.

What would happen if there was a counter-attack that sunk some of our warships?

This is our moment.

This is when and how the Conspiracy Realist movement takes over.

If we make the case,
the threads,
the videos,
and get the public back into a sense of ownership of their own historical legacy,
we will be unstoppable.

Carpe diem!

Mike

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I say hell no!

Our enemies are killing each other off in Syria right now, just as they have been doing for centuries.

I see no need to get involved and spend money and lives, and lose both when there is no effing need to.

That is their crap sandwhich, and I refuse to take a bite out of it.
edit on 31-8-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

I agree Mike, thank you. For a long time in America, we have been polarized and even the liberals have started quoting sound bytes instead of thinking for themselves. We should never have homogeneous political groups, that is completely ridiculous.

I used to be a Democrat, until the liberals started pushing for this agenda of no free speech. Well, if they punish those who don't think like them, it is only going to end in disaster, for you only learn from interacting with people who have different perspectives.

And if you don't listen to people who have legitimate opinions and viewpoints, it only pushes them underground, where they radicalize as well.

You are so sexy right now.

/brb cold shower.

Mike

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Okay OP, go buy yourself a plane ticket to Syria and stand on the front lines if you feel so passionate about waging unjust wars while critical information (proof) of who used the chemical weapons has not been released to the public.

Or do you want someone else to do it for you?

So tired of all this war-mongering. The vast majority of the citizens in Syria just want to live an honest, clean, and free life. But of course, Murca has to get involved in more foreign affairs all the while our nation is beginning to buckle.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Who is to say that our government isn't responsible for the chemical attack? I do not trust anything they say. Yes I feel bad for the people but we are not the GREAT PARENT of the world. We need to stop acting like it. Who cares what history books would say about us if we do not act. If we are to act it should be with the approval of everyone including other nations!!!

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
I say hell no!

Our enemies are killing each other off in Syria right now, just as they have been doing for centuries.

I see no need to get involved and spend money and lives, and lose both when there is no effing need to.

That is their crap sandwhich, and I refuse to take a bit out of it.

Ok,
leave the crap sandwich as it is,

But I chit you not Neo96,
we need you on this.

The Conspiracy Realists need you,
The Military needs you,
The future of our country needs you.

Leave the crap sandwich,
but we should DEMAND action on the chemical attack.

Please at least consider it.

/salute
Mike

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
History will look back and see:
the spark that started WWIII
and how stupid Americans could be.
edit on 31-8-2013 by grandmakdw because: grammar

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by RomeByFire
Okay OP, go buy yourself a plane ticket to Syria and stand on the front lines if you feel so passionate about waging unjust wars while critical information (proof) of who used the chemical weapons has not been released to the public.

Or do you want someone else to do it for you?

So tired of all this war-mongering. The vast majority of the citizens in Syria just want to live an honest, clean, and free life. But of course, Murca has to get involved in more foreign affairs all the while our nation is beginning to buckle.

I am the most anti-war,
least war mongering person here.

I don't want anyone to do anything _for_ me.

I am saying that We The People must do this for ourselves.

If we demand it, then we were not manipulated into it.
If we force the action, then it is our decision.

What I am saying is that _we_ not only should demand this, but that _we_ should [color=gold] own it.

Mike

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join