It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hidden Teasure

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
It is said that there is a treasure that is so great that a man would sell all that he possesses to obtain it...

It is buried, deep within the catacombs of the universe... only to be found by a select few who may or may not know where they go, and from whence they came...

The world walks on it without knowing its there... Idly wandering about their existence seeking to find that which they do not need... Yet without this "pearly seed"... peace is but a word in passing conversation

It has been hidden from US from the foundations of the world by those who wish to possess that which they can not ever have...

They push fear of possessing such a treasure because few can find the path through the wilderness where the beasts lie in wait...

They say death will most certainly come... They will mock and label you if you even hope to possess such a rare treasure...

Who can find it?

Who can possess it?

And if it is found... what will you do with such a treasure?

The quest begins when you are ready... though perhaps...

Its already over?

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I think it is over.

I think it all happened in an instant, but we need to witness it more slowly so we can learn faith.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

I wonder though...

How can it be over when that "instant" is still happening?

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Time is relative to the time keeper.

To you and I, we are in the billions of years - but to God we are in the 7th day.

Yet still, to God's will, he already knows everything that is and is to come.

Thus, it has already happened - we are only acting it out from our perspective.

How can you know what has not been? It had to have been in the will of God. No?

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleeeeep
reply to post by Akragon

Time is relative to the time keeper.

To you and I, we are in the billions of years - but to God we are in the 7th day.

Yet still, to God's will, he already knows everything that is and is to come.

Thus, it has already happened - we are only acting it out from our perspective.

How can you know what has not been? It had to have been in the will of God. No?

that creates quite the dilemma... depending on ones beliefs I suppose...

IF God knows everything that will happen before it happens... He knows who will land in "hell" before said person is even conceived...

Why would that person even exist if he was already going to be destroyed?

A logical problem with Hell

Good reply though...

edit on 29-8-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
The present is the gift and it is free.

What's that "free gift" Jesus gave us? Sorry, but we've had it all along, we just didn't realize it, and most still don't.

S&F

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
My guess is that it's buried somewhere beneath a big 'X'

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by scojak

Apparently this line from the OP is for you....

The world walks on it without knowing its there... Idly wandering about their existence seeking to find that which they do not need...

Thanks for your reply my friend

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I can't speak on behalf of God on this one. Personally, I do not see a problem with hell since I didn't create it and do not know its purpose. Moreover, every time I question God for understanding, his way always shows to be better than what I could have come up with - so I trust that whatever reason he made hell, it was for a very good reason.

From my recollection, the witnesses of hell say that you are filled with sorrow, not only for what you have done, but also from what others have done. If true, it stands to reason that hell, too, is a learning area - and not only is it a learning area - it's a great learning area.

Also, if you read the revelation of Peter, it speaks as though Jesus will free some of those from hell. The time-line of John's revelation (The Book of Revelations) seems to end before Peters. To equate, it would be like me watching the first 2/3s of a movie and then you coming along and watching the later 2/3s of the movie.

In short, I don't know and God doesn't expressly say why and to what extent he allows extremely bad people to be. Maybe Earth is more for learning faith and hell is to learn to have faith and be nice because if you don't you will have sorrow?

Maybe a better question is: Why did God create sorrow?

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Well this thread isn't about hell either way... but since it came up...

Hell can not exist with a loving creator... at least not the Christian version of it... they are incompatible

You seem to understand the concept of hell as a learning tool though...

Wouldn't sorrow be the same... meant to be over come like the rest of the challenges of this life?

edit on 29-8-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Haha, ya, I know. It was an ignorant statement that offered little input to your OP.

It would be more accurate if I added that you should draw an X on your body as I imagine the answer can only be found by looking inside yourself.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Sorrow, I don't know. There is joy in overcoming sorrow - like the joy of a good chick flick? As far as overcoming in this life, I think the main objective is to love God and have faith.

What verse of the Bible makes you think hell is incompatible with Christ's teachings?

Edit:
Now that I think about it, maybe sorrow protects us from starting over. Let's say we're given the keys to the kingdom and were playing around in the cosmos. If you're building something and I want to build something else, without sorrow, there would be no governor stopping me from destroying your work. Likewise, for what we would do with God's work. We would just mess up creation over and over.
edit on 8/29/2013 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleeeeep
reply to post by Akragon

Sorrow, I don't know. There is joy in overcoming sorrow - like the joy of a good chick flick? As far as overcoming in this life, I think the main objective is to love God and have faith.

What verse of the Bible makes you think hell is incompatible with Christ's teachings?

Edit:
Now that I think about it, maybe sorrow protects us from starting over. Let's say we're given the keys to the kingdom and were playing around in the cosmos. If you're building something and I want to build something else, without sorrow, there would be no governor stopping me from destroying your work. Likewise, for what we would do with God's work. We would just mess up creation over and over.
edit on 8/29/2013 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

I didn't say anyrhing about the bible or Jesus...

I would have posted this in the religion section if i had...

But if i must...

35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

You said, "Well this thread isn't about hell either way... but since it came up... ", after I reply to your comment about hell. So yeah it came up...cause you brought it up.

Then you said, "Hell can not exist with a loving creator... at least not the Christian version of it... they are incompatible ", and then you say:
"I didn't say anyrhing about the bible or Jesus...
I would have posted this in the religion section if i had... "

But Jesus is the Christ of Christianity and the "Christian version" of hell would then be subject to Jesus Christ and the bible And your thread is basically talking about Matthew 13:44-46:

44 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.
45 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls:
46 Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.

So you did in fact bring up the bible and Jesus and hell.

What are you trying to achieve with this thread?

And to your verse: Vengeance and justice does not destroy kindness. It would be like saying you were kind to your wife for 50 years but one time you said something mean to her thereby canceling out all of the kindness you showed her for 50 years - but it doesn't work that way, and God is your creator - not your equal. This is his reality, we just live in it.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

What are you trying to achieve with this thread?

Nothing... philosophical rambling I suppose...

Hell was only brought up to deal with God "knowing" all things present and future... im not saying that he doesn't, but IF he does Hell has no place... because there are people who serve no purpose but to end up in the fire... Thus no matter what that person does in his life... it has no meaning... no purpose.

And to your verse: Vengeance and justice does not destroy kindness.

Would unflagging a thread be considered vengeance?

Or Justice?

As I've said this isn't about the bible or Jesus... or hell for that matter...

IF any of those are brought up, the thread becomes a debate over Jesus being God... or the bible being inerrant word of God etc etc... Which is the doom of any philosophical discussion based around those topics.

Am I not free to ramble and discuss such things without religion bearing its ugly head?

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

What purpose does a grain of sand have? Nothing you might think... but when added together with all of the other land of Earth, you can see that it has great purpose. This is not unlike anything else in reality. It is all deterministic and it is all becoming - evolving - into the great purpose.

I unflagged for justice - to correct my own error of having flagged it in the first place. Nothing against you, I was just befuddled after having realized that the thread is for lulz and not about deep thought, or religion, or even having a honest discussion.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   

I don't see how someone disagreeing with you equals dishonest discussion. Everyone has their own opinions, no need to get worked up over them.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I don't subscribe to the idea that we are incomplete beings and we need to find a "treasure" or "another half" to be complete.

We are full beings. We were born here with everything we needed to have the experiences we wanted to have.

The more you "seek" the more empty you feel (continuing to feel like so many things are missing).

But there is nothing wrong with negative emotion, nor is there anything wrong with seeking. I am just putting things into perspective.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   

What purpose does a grain of sand have? Nothing you might think... but when added together with all of the other land of Earth, you can see that it has great purpose. This is not unlike anything else in reality. It is all deterministic and it is all becoming - evolving - into the great purpose.

Well I suppose one could consider someone "already condemned to burn" a grain of sand though personally I find life has more purpose then inanimate objects...

To each their own I suppose...

I unflagged for justice - to correct my own error of having flagged it in the first place. Nothing against you, I was just befuddled after having realized that the thread is for lulz and not about deep thought, or religion, or even having a honest discussion.

As I've previously stated.... if this topic was about religion it would have been placed in the appropriate section...

And like wise if it was for Lulz it would have landed in the jokes section... basically saying this topic is a joke to you... which is rather amusing considering you know what I've based the OP on...

This line in the OP is apparently for you...

"They say death will most certainly come... They will mock and label you if you even hope to possess such a rare treasure"

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I don't subscribe to the idea that we are incomplete beings and we need to find a "treasure" or "another half" to be complete.

We are full beings. We were born here with everything we needed to have the experiences we wanted to have.

As I've said, it can not be lost... only found.

Perhaps "realised" is a better word?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join