It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We may all be Martians: New research supports theory that life started on Mars

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
New evidence has emerged to support the theory that life on Earth originated from Mars.

I apologize if I can not post any of the article,but it can be found here............

phys.org...

So,with this discovery,it seems that it is possible that all life on Earth originated from Mars,when Mars had an atmosphere and water.
The only difference between Mars and Earth at the time was that Earth was completely covered in water and Mars was not.

The key is boron,Mars has it,and Earth does to,but in drier conditions.

I find this new evidence fascinating,to say the least,and opens up a whole new door into how life began on Earth.
edit on 28-8-2013 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
What an awesome theory! Makes a lot more sense than many others out there.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
That's big news! Panspermia is a fascinating subject, opens up a world of questions.
I imagine the comet would have had to have been quite large to eject chunks of rock, debris etc into space after a collision with Mars, possibly wiping out life.

Could Mars demise have given Earth the gift of life?
Very interesting, thanks for Sharing!

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
,and opens up a whole new door into how life began on Earth.

Well, its not really a "new" door.
People have been speculating for decades that life may have arisen on Mars first, then later contaminated Earth. This was certainly one of the talking points in 1986 during discussion of ALH84001 life sign possibilities.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Maybe they were more advanced than us so if survivors made it to earth then they could still be here?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
That's where i left my keys!!!
Thanks for reminding me....

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
They say a "meteorite from Mars" could have randomly seeded the Earth with molybdenum but what are those odds? Seems just as likely to me that it could be on purpose.
edit on 8/28/2013 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

What are the odds seeding Mars with the same substance would work to kick start life on the planet again?
If the system doing so was controlled and monitored, well, we will be on Mars soon enough.
Could we control the evolution of the environment?
edit on 28-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
They say a "meteorite from Mars" could have randomly seeded the Earth with molybdenum but what are those odds? Seems just as likely to me that it could be on purpose.
edit on 8/28/2013 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

The odds are pretty high,in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by EA006

Maybe they were more advanced than us so if survivors made it to earth then they could still be here?

The are basically saying the building blocks for life could have come from Mars.

My question is how did those blocks get to Mars?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Maybe early humans colonised Mars, they got wiped on Earth then Mars and somehow "life" made it back? Are Earth and Mars the same age?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by EA006

Maybe early humans colonised Mars, they got wiped on Earth then Mars and somehow "life" made it back? Are Earth and Mars the same age?

Dude,we are talking about molecules,not complete creatures,not even to say advanced beings.
Lets get on the same page,ok?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
According to Obama - All Martians would look just like Me!!

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jimbuik12345
According to Obama - All Martians would look just like Me!!

Next - we prove that women came from Venus

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

o.k

Maybe ancient aliens visited earth with mucky feet

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Organic (chemistry) compounds are relatively common in space, we have detected them many times...

edit on 28-8-2013 by Panic2k11 because: for precision

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Maybe the building blocks are buried in every plant that has life, sort of like a core genetic operating system that sustains itself in the depths of the oceans near volcanic vents or grows exclusively in the arctic then gets frozen to preserve it indefinitely. If you think about all the extreme environments it has to grow up in then it is likely to only be found in a place on planets with life that still have extreme environments.

Volcanoes, glaciers, and being able to survive the extreme pressures of living deep in the ocean or the earth helps with the transition between space and planets.

Sort of like god's back up plan or Mother Nature's escape pod.

Maybe whatever that building block is feeds on something in the rock to sustain itself.

edit on 28-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Fine! this new theory--and we can only call it that--lends credence to the concept that there was not just life but intelligent life on Mars. The next question is why are we here and they are apparently gone? We could suggest that a natural degeneration of an atmosphere on Mars slowly killed on life there and in some fashion life was transferred here. Or we could wonder if that perhaps they was an event that made Mars inhospitable in short order.

The late maverick astronomer Tom van Flandern in his book, Dark Matter Missing Planets & New Comets, suggested that Mars died because a wayward satellite in an orbit around its equator fell to the surface creating the Valles Marineris, resulting in the great scar halfway around it.

In my limited way, I maintain that technologically intelligent being of Mars caused their own planet to suffer by bringing a captured asteroid in too close and due to a colossal accident or great miscalculation, the body fell to the surface, starting a swift planetary decline. The survivors came to Earth.

Phobos, the larger existing moon of Mars, has been put into place into about the same orbit as where the former body would have occupied. Phobos, with its several fields of mysterious grooves (that NASA will never let you fully view in their full context) is evidence for the same type of manipulation of a large body that must be done to position it for a close orbit around Mars. My view is that Phobos was placed in its close position around the Red Planet by the dying Martians as a monument to themselves, to the planet, and as a sign to us, former Martians.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeddyZed

Mars demise is still an unknown, the principal cause of the seemingly "death" of the planet was the loss of its magnetic shield...

Asteroids have smashed Earth probably as much as Mars, well if we take our moon creation theory we got even more bang out of the billiards game...

Mars is also smaller (so a more limited target) and only 2 smaller "moons" (satellites).

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

It could even be more complicated, "cross pollination" may have be continuous from Mars to Earth (and other destinations). Lets hope we (properly) get to Titan and Europa and Mars to see what it really there...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join