It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We may all be Martians: New research supports theory that life started on Mars

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
If something could have evolved there would it not have needed to be naturally tough enough to survive the environment?

Perhaps its just romantic sentiment but i find it rather tragic to believe that the first life on mars may have been its last. Perhaps i just do not want to believe that there was never some rare and glorious life on that planet, all science and logic aside. I would rather believe more of our Brother Mars and believe he was more then that a young sibling who fell too soon or a friend who passed before the best years came.

edit on 30-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I was watching a documentary here the other day, where they where talking about real human like martians leaving on Mars to this day. Bla bla bla....
Then they suddenly say that american researches from Prinston university are changing human DNA so we dont need space suits. In other words a new human like race that can conquer the space. They would have crocodile like scale.
Maybe they will already do it on the first Mars mission....

If someone want to watch it - Day of cosmic history, "Alien slaves", but sorry It's not in english.
edit on 30-8-2013 by Izak4K because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Makes sense in the context of humans seemingly inexplicably always waring with each other on an otherwise docile biome like Earth - i.e., god of war = Mars

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

I'm not a Scientist but I guessed this was how it was anyway... I have even posted my Ideas on ATS Threads over the years! I actually saw it in a vision of mine... and yes I believe this is how we came to be here and I'm sure there are other members here who thought the same. Now, it is just a matter of getting back there (which will soon be accomplished) and then out to further Planets until one day we discover where our long lost Ancestors are living, or Alien Brothers/Sisters if you prefer that.

I am pretty sure PROMETHEUS opened a lot of peoples eyes to this possibility.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

kdog1982
New evidence has emerged to support the theory that life on Earth originated from Mars.

I apologize if I can not post any of the article,but it can be found here............

phys.org...

So,with this discovery,it seems that it is possible that all life on Earth originated from Mars,when Mars had an atmosphere and water.
The only difference between Mars and Earth at the time was that Earth was completely covered in water and Mars was not.

The key is boron,Mars has it,and Earth does to,but in drier conditions.

I find this new evidence fascinating,to say the least,and opens up a whole new door into how life began on Earth.
edit on 28-8-2013 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

There is no possible way that life of any kind could survive a trip in space to earth.
Life hitched a ride on a rock would have burned up while entering earths atmosphere, even if the rock survived the landing, the rock would of become sterile from the heat and radiation.
Just my 2 cents..

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

It certainly doesn't prove pan-spermia as many seem to be latching on to and taking from the headline / article - it's just 2 minerals (Boron & Molybdenum) that don't form without oxygen (ie. in predicted early oceans that are THOUGHT to have covered the WHOLE planet)... Hmmm??? Catalysts in present life systems, for sure - but that's all they can say... I am totally open to panspermia, or even direct genetic manipulation by ETs - it's just that NOTHING has proven this yet. Nor does this... I'd like to think of CHEMISTRY coming from the Sun and bouncing off planets in a kind of really sloooowww solar-system-wide chemical explosion (I suppose EVOLUTION is the right word) - on astronomical time scales in reality (or millions of years at least) - and that's before even the first complex POLYMER CHAINS formed, let alone life...
edit on 30-8-2013 by PrivateSi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Martians look like giant upright grasshoppers

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Famouszor

There is no possible way that life of any kind could survive a trip in space to earth.
Life hitched a ride on a rock would have burned up while entering earths atmosphere, even if the rock survived the landing, the rock would of become sterile from the heat and radiation.
Just my 2 cents..

Not life,but the necessary components for life.

The newfound molecules bring the total number of biologically-relevant molecules found in interstellar space to 141. Scientists have previously found benzene, a ring-shaped carbon molecule important for life on Earth, around stars and intact amino acids in meteorites that have crash-landed on Earth.

Even more complex molecular creations might be possible in space, experiments suggest. In one study, scientists simulated deep space conditions in the laboratory and created small structures resembling cell walls in living organisms.

www.space.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by PrivateSi

I'd like to think of CHEMISTRY coming from the Sun and bouncing off planets in a kind of really sloooowww solar-system-wide chemical explosion (I suppose EVOLUTION is the right word) - on astronomical time scales in reality (or millions of years at least) - and that's before even the first complex POLYMER CHAINS formed, let alone life...

I tend to agree with your statement.

It could have come from anywhere,and just because I am sharing this theory doesn't mean I totally agree with it.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
It was earthlings that put life on mars, about 65,002,380years ago,
Well thats my 2 bobs worth;

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Space

So maybe there were DInosaurs on Mars after all.

The experimental findings suggest phosphate is released as much as 45 times faster during interactions between water and rock on Mars than on Earth. All in all, phosphate concentrations in wet environments on early Mars may have been twice those of early Earth.

"It's exciting whenever you find evidence that has positive implications for the possibility of life outside of Earth," Adcock said

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorneblood
reply to post by kosmicjack

What are the odds seeding Mars with the same substance would work to kick start life on the planet again?
If the system doing so was controlled and monitored, well, we will be on Mars soon enough.
Could we control the evolution of the environment?
edit on 28-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

We could terraform marss by starting a greenhouse effect, pumping cparbon dioxide in to the atmosphere would heat the planet up, then thaw out trapped water, have proper large greenhouses breathing in the carbon dioxide and breathing out oxygen... but its a long drawn out process, 150 years minimum.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Famouszor

kdog1982
New evidence has emerged to support the theory that life on Earth originated from Mars.

I apologize if I can not post any of the article,but it can be found here............

phys.org...

So,with this discovery,it seems that it is possible that all life on Earth originated from Mars,when Mars had an atmosphere and water.
The only difference between Mars and Earth at the time was that Earth was completely covered in water and Mars was not.

The key is boron,Mars has it,and Earth does to,but in drier conditions.

I find this new evidence fascinating,to say the least,and opens up a whole new door into how life began on Earth.
edit on 28-8-2013 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

Just my 2 cents..

Exactly correct, experiments were done on this as back as 1996 when it was claimed that a rock that NASA "discovered" they claimed came from Mars could have carried microbial life into earth’s atmosphere. The experiments failed miserably as the microbes were deep fried extra crispy. So this recent news of any microbial life coming from anywhere in space is just more of the same crap.

Meteorite experiment deals blow to 'bugs from space' theory

NASA B.S.-Life on Mars:

Out of this world:

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join