It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Independent UK asks - Does Obama Know He's Fighting On Al Qaidas Side?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Yeah, I don't know, I was wondering about that too - it makes no sense to me. Apparently Al Qaeda can blow up skyscrapers in New York one day, and then get help from us the next? What doesn't make sense though, is we are supposed to be at war with them still.

Maybe it's complicated and we don't have all the answers, but unfortunately, the past actions of our government regarding incompetence passing The Patriot Act and making Guantanamo Bay, and the corporate bailout, and so many other corrupt acts of incompetence or money grabbing really don't give congress or the C.I.A. or the President (whoever it is) enough credibility to assume that they are working in the best interest of the people.

That's the main problem, is the deception and the lies, the war in Iraq that ended up happening for no reason because the U.S. policy makers were either incompetent or lying. How can they expect us to trust them now that we have sat through a whole decade of complete B.S.?

I'm not a stupid person - Obama or whoever can't just expect me to sit in front of a television and hear obvious bull#. Maybe it is time to return to the time where real, intelligent discussion and real arguments were made for the voters.

Is the Administration 1) trying to do something that is not in the population's best interest? or 2) thinks the population is too stupid to know what is in their best interest?

In the first case, that is not okay. In the second case, that is still not okay. It is treating the population like dumb people when they aren't in all cases - and anyway, that isn't a Democracy, that is an Oligarchy.
edit on 28-8-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
the US were helping the terrorists before 9/11 not just after.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
75%+ of the people I've casually talked to about Syria parrot what the MSM is saying.

Really? Every last person I have spoken to say that we shouldn't be anywhere near Syria and that
Obama doesn't know what the heck he's doing. Everyone says it's a mess and it'll only get worse
if we take any actions.

We must hang out with different types of people or something ....

My impression in the UK is the same. I've not spoken to anybody that agrees with this and I interact with people you can normally rely upon to be hawkish or at least conservative.

The coalition has succeeded in finding an issue that makes them unpopular with the majority of the population at large and across the entire political spectrum.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

The men who destroyed so many thousands on 9/11 will then be fighting alongside the very nation whose innocents they so cruelly murdered almost exactly 12 years ago

Ah, poor little naive Independent.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
The real world is far more complicated than just black and white. In WW2 Maos communists were also fighting the Japanese does that mean FDR was fighting on the Communist side? Hezbollah was helping fight the Serbs in Bosnia does that mean Clinton was fighting on Hezbollah side? Iranian Special ops were also fighting the Taliban before and after 911 does that mean Bush was fighting on Irans side? No. Groups operate for their own self interest. Of course Al Qaida would like the US to stay out of Syria so they can take over when Assad falls, even if the US in Syria means he falls faster. The best way to hand places like Libya and Syria to radicals is to do nothing and let them take all the credit while demonizing the West for doing nothing. You want to really help Al Qaida? Do nothing.

What a horrible comparison, theres a big difference! First of all we are arming and funding the rebels(Al Qaeda), that fundamentally makes them our ally. Secondly how did that strategy work out in Libya?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Here's a short answer: Yes he does.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaws1975

Originally posted by MrSpad
The real world is far more complicated than just black and white. In WW2 Maos communists were also fighting the Japanese does that mean FDR was fighting on the Communist side? Hezbollah was helping fight the Serbs in Bosnia does that mean Clinton was fighting on Hezbollah side? Iranian Special ops were also fighting the Taliban before and after 911 does that mean Bush was fighting on Irans side? No. Groups operate for their own self interest. Of course Al Qaida would like the US to stay out of Syria so they can take over when Assad falls, even if the US in Syria means he falls faster. The best way to hand places like Libya and Syria to radicals is to do nothing and let them take all the credit while demonizing the West for doing nothing. You want to really help Al Qaida? Do nothing.

What a horrible comparison, theres a big difference! First of all we are arming and funding the rebels(Al Qaeda), that fundamentally makes them our ally. Secondly how did that strategy work out in Libya?

Funding and arming your enemy doesn`t make them your ally it just makes you a traitor and is considered treason.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I think it does both, we are on the same page tho.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by soulwaxer
He knows just as well as Bush (both of them) knew that Al Qaida was not behind 911. When you see the big picture, it all makes perfect sense.

There is a very good reason John Kerry hammered so hard on the 'moral obscenity' aspect of the attack. He is getting everyone to focus on their emotions to distract them from the facts. Just like happened with 911 and and the war on terror.

I've heard colleagues at work talking about how they just can't believe that Assad's regime would organize such an attack. When I tell them that that's probably because it didn't, they just become even more confused and frustrated. This is all very normal because they have been in denial for so long.

This move on Syria is just another piece of the big picture, and I have a feeling that it's the one that brings this picture into focus for many, especially those who were on the fence.

I sure hope so. It could be our only chance. I'm counting on TPTB to eventually overestimate themselves and underestimate the people.

Exactly.

The truth is this Syrian war has been planned for a long time.

What is the end game? I'm not sure. They are installing radical, sharia style muslims into power across north africa and the middle east. Saudi Arabia and Qatar are helping to drive this transition (or leading it?). They pretend democracy but it's a farce (like it was briefly in Egypt).

Speculative thought: This may be totally off, but would it be so crazy to think that perhaps Saudi Arabia has the entirety of their oil deposits rigged to be destroyed (by who knows, explosives or oil eating pathogens), and has a finger on the trigger. They want to install all these like minded muslims across the middle east, and are demanding that we do so for them or they destroy the oil. Seems like a crazy movie (dune comes to mind) but who knows. Something is driving all this mess behind the scenes that has a common element.
edit on 28-8-2013 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

True and its not just Obama.

In-case anyone forgot:

McCain sneaks across border, visits Syrian rebels.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

The FSA are not aligned with al queda. You do know that, don't you?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
This thread will get shoved to the bottom of the page and probably deleted by Thursday, nothing to see here!

Like, Duh?!!!! This is true people! Wake up!

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
This post citing the Independent titled "Is Our Leadership About To Commit Treason" is relevant to this discussion,

Treason

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   

So the question .. does Obama know he's fighting on Al Qaidas side? My answer .. how could he not know that he's helping Al Qaida? He has to. Unless he's a total idiot. (but of course ... that could very well be the case)

US also had to help saddamwith WMDs against Iran
US had to topple Saddam
US had to fight Al-Qaeda in Afghanistan and kill OBL

and now

US has to help Al-Qaeda.

Blessed be the wise

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Hundreds of innocent Egyptians were killed by a military Junta and no one seems to care. Does it matter if your killed by a bullet or chemical weapon? The blood of some seems worth more than others, depending on the political circumstances.

You just bring on the proof that how hypocrite they are

And the Persian saying "Liar has a short memory"

Is that all you got ?

Hypocrites ?
edit on 28-8-2013 by mideast because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by AlphaHawk

Al-CIAeda did what now?

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

AL-CIAdu.....

only demonstrates your utter lack of incite into the beast that is Al-Qa'ida, I see you post this same rubbish time and time again on the forums, for the post part i ignore it and let you fall further into that pit of ignorance you seem so desperate to hide in.

The truth is that Al-Nusra (essentially Al-Qa'ida in Syria) has been declared a terrorist organization and the Americans have actually started vetting the rebel groups they support to ensure that they dont have a radical Islamist ideology. In fact, getting rid of Assad, stopping the use of WMD's and the "humanitarian mission" are all probably second to ensuring that a radical Islamist anti-American regime like Al-Nusra take over in Syria and cause chaos in the Middle East.

But then with your amazing knowledge of "Al-CIAdu" you probably already knew that

I think that the truth is that for you and many others on ATS its just easier to go with the "Al-CIAdu" line than it is to actually start studying violent Islamic extremism and trying to understand it.
edit on 29-8-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
How can Obama justify drone strike killings of Al Qaida with his right hand, but then help Al Qaida by bombing Assad with his left hand???

Like so:

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
al theupliftingcrane.wordpress.com... that ? el is a jewish god
edit on 30/8/13 by mangust69 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join