It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pat Robertson: Gay people will cut you and give you AIDS with special rings

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

You know.. It's been a lot of years now and I'm not even in the same industry to be dinged for talking out of school anymore.

So.. I'm going to suggest a little something for people who have the ability to dig deep and find what people don't want found.

In the mid 90's Pat Robertson, as I came to understand it, had a little indiscretion. Well, he had A LOT of them, by rumors..but rumors are all those are. This little 'oops' happened to come in Chattanooga, Tn and just so happened to involve a vehicle which wasn't his....and a woman, not his wife.

I learned of all this by the inner-grapevine of the company that owned the van he was using at the time. The name of the place? Covenant Transport.....and someone was out to play when they got played by the local police.

It's downright AMAZING how some people can make almost anything go away. Take for instance, a world famous preacher being busted for going out hunting some quick nookie with street walkers. It makes me think SOME people in this world need to check themselves before wrecking themselves.

It makes me think...when people like Pat live in VERY VERY big glass houses? Throwing rocks is a VERY bad idea. His glass isn't even double pane!

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Being a dane and all I don't know much about this funny man and his obviously interesting statements which a given a lot of media time, but is he accusing homosexuals of spreading HIV and homosexuality?!

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by spartacus699
I'm still waiting for someone to even prove that HIV is actually real? I'm not sure but I think it's a fraud.

It exists in Pat Robertson's heart.

It isn't what goes in your mouth that defiles you, but rather what comes out of your heart.

But he already knew that...

Who else could put the hipsters, with felons and thugs
And paint a perfect picture what sellin’ it does?

Just think of all the applications for this.

Not too bright, is he?

# 52
edit on 28-8-2013 by TheWhiteKnight because: where's that motorboat?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN

It would appear from your post

that

you believe that

WHEN Pat uses "some," it's a blanket blackwash

but when YOU

use "some," you only mean "some."

I'm curious how you got in Pat's head and heart sufficiently to discern that

HE used "some" soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

outrageously differently

than YOU did?

1. So you think the only people who have ever tried to spread HIV are homosexuals in San Francsisco? Because that's what Pat is saying here, even though he used to word "some", he's still only talking about homosexuals.

2. Where did people get educated on HIV? You can't get HIV from someone cutting you with a ring. You need direct blood-to-blood contact or sexual intercourse.

3. Why do you insist on clobbering so much screen real estate with a statement that is smaller than a paragraph? Annoying.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by finitedualities

I despise defending anything from the church, but he has a point. Abstinence is the only real way to wipe it from an epidemic level...humans will be humans though. Make the mistakes and hope there's a cure at the end.

No, he doesn't have a point, at all.

First of all, the fact that when used properly condoms decrease your chances of catching HIV to nearly 0.

And keep in mind, that this message was given in a religious context. The subtext of this message, paraphrased, is this:

"Sex = Not sinful, or minimally sinful (depending on circumstances)

Condoms = Very sinful"

Saying "Catholics should not use condoms" is not the same thing as saying "you should practice abstinence." And let's face it-- even if that was the message (to practice abstinence) plenty of people would still have sex. So, since people are going to have sex, condoms can only help the problem, not make it worse.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
This actually does happen here in California. I've heard stories of people finding needles on the inside of a gas pump as a way of people trying to spread diseases, where Pat the bigot fails is he accuses gay people of doing it, and only them. It's not just them, but a bigoted ass wouldn't understand that

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by CoolStoryMan

I just want to let you know how much I appreciated your user name when it showed up next to this thread title on my subscribed threads list.

And your point is spot on. Feeble-minded people tend to forget that -- although gay people in ratio are more susceptable to HIV/AIDS -- the overwhelming majority of those infected with it are heterosexual.
edit on 29-8-2013 by LightOrange because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
"Gay people will cut you and give you AIDS"

Silly Gay people, don't they know we have just about got AIDS under control these days! They should at least equip a faster acting form of lethal disease.

"with special rings"

Where do our homosexual brothers obtain the above rings, special packets of Gay Kellogg's Frostie's? I herd there ggggggreat! LoL

What a lot of homophobic gibberish Mr Robertson you should be ashamed!

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
We're all witnessing the breakdown of society. Sit back and enjoy the show! I'm glad I'm a recluse. It is hard for me to make friends and I can count them on one hand. The rest are on their own. I'm going to watch you all destroy yourselves. The people who make a difference for the better are better than I will ever be. The rest can choke on their belief and blame. Nothing can be said. Nothing makes a difference. It's a freak show and I'm center stage. I used to have such high hopes for humanity. Maybe when the dust clears, someone will have evolved into something greater than what we have today. I'm not holding my breath.

I feel down and out today. I'm depressed but refuse to take meds for it. I'll be alright tomorrow. I'm not asking for help. I'm not asking for sympathy. All I really want is for some good news instead of this bull# day in and day out. Do you know your neighbor? Probably not and it's not all your fault. We all have lost touch with reality and what is worth living for.

People who use a medium to demonize others is a demon. There is no compassion in the good Pat Robertson. I don't agree with a the lifestyle but I'm not demonizing them to a flock of zealots either. I'm sure he has some skeletons in his closet. Judgement is mine saith the Lord. I think maybe he needs to read the Bible a little better. I won't pass judgement on him but I know he's creating chaos for people he hates. Nothing good can come out of hate. I don't see anyone fighting for good. They only fight for personal gain. I am not without sin but at least I can admit it to myself.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
This is such an obviously absurd claim! This is a man who is fairly educated; I don't think he's merely granting himself a little leeway here. No, this is bonefide Pat Robertson behavior. And this is what makes it more than outlandish: it's maleficent.

This man is the stereotypical wolf in sheeps clothing. He puts on his Christian mask before every 700 club show, quotes scripture now and again, peppers his appearance with interviews here and there, but then once or twice or more throughout a show (I've caught it a few times, I'm sad to admit) he'll make these absurd, demagogic claims about liberals, about any president that happens to be a democrat, etc, that really does nothing more but preserve his king fu grip on the legions of half-educated followers who watch his program.

This is literally all that Pat Robertson is. He's a scumbag; he's the antithesis of what would be expected from an authentic Christian. His behavior smacks of demagoguery - of someone who maintains the divide so he can continue bringing in the dollars.

What an utterly wasted life that is. At his age - at 83 - he still continues with this disgusting charade.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Kargun

Fact. Gay people get HIV Wayyyyyyyyyyy more then straight people.

This is true. Government link

www.cdc.gov...

Sodomy is a very good way to get sexualy tansmited diseases.

There are many reports of people with Aids trying to infect other people. Do you need links?

that isn't true anymore, the instances of gay men getting HIV is going down, in america the highest at risk group is african-american hetrosexual women.
by the way the CDC says men who have sex with men, it doesn't say gay people or only gay men.
what about lesbians? oh yeah that breaks your claim doesn't it? because lesbians are the lowest at risk group in america.

as for the rest of the world, HIV is worse africa, millions have it and most are straight.

there have been a few people who have intentionally infected people with HIV as revenge, one of which was convicted of murder i believe.
it isn't as common as you seem to want to make it, most of what people are thinking of is nothing more than urban legend.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

CoolStoryMan
This actually does happen here in California. I've heard stories of people finding needles on the inside of a gas pump as a way of people trying to spread diseases, where Pat the bigot fails is he accuses gay people of doing it, and only them. It's not just them, but a bigoted ass wouldn't understand that

sorry, but this is just an urban legend. there is no evidence to support the story, only more stories.

www.snopes.com...

it's just another hoax.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
This actually isn't too far from the truth. It may take me awhile to track down a forum i saw about 7 years ago, but the entire focus of the forum was to spread AIDS/HIV. There were people there talking about how they take trips to South Africa for the sole purpose of trying to be infected with as many different strains of HIV to bring back to the states and "pozzing up the negs".

Ah, nm the site isn't up anymore, but here's a wikipedia article on the subject.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Evil_Santa

and there have been stories of straight people men and women doing the same, what is absurd is his claim that we are doing it with special rings we get in 'fruit Loops'

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime
reply to post by Evil_Santa

and there have been stories of straight people men and women doing the same, what is absurd is his claim that we are doing it with special rings we get in 'fruit Loops'

True that. There is a higher risk of HIV transmission among the gay community, but discussing the reason why that is might be against the T&C. The thinner walls of a certain hole, can lead to more tissue tearing during intercourse, which leaves a person open to the transmission of the virus.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join