It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pat Robertson: Gay people will cut you and give you AIDS with special rings

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
LMAO!

Source

That is the funniest, damn thing I have ever read. That headline should be on the Onion.

Derailing his own advice segment for viewers, 700 Club host Pat Robertson launched more anti-LGBT paranoia on Tuesday, accusing the LGBT community of imposing “draconian” censorship laws and willfully transmitting the AIDS virus.

“You know what they do in San Francisco,” Robertson told co-host Terry Meeuwsen “Some in the gay community there, they want to get people so if they got the stuff they’ll have a ring, you shake hands, and the ring’s got a little thing where you cut your finger. Really. It’s that kind of vicious stuff, which would be the equivalent of murder.”

Really Pat?

Man, and here I thought you'd picked yourself up from the last time you fell off your rocker.

This is why, under the right circumstances, religious extremism and wide means of distributing your message, can be a very bad thing.

Just imagine how many people now believe this to be true?!

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

TBF, I saw some HBO show a while back that detailed "gift giving" in the bay area. Possibly the most disturbing practice I've ever heard of.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
i can just imagine all the people that actually believe this, it is so absurd it is comical, and yet sad that people think this way

all i know is i found my special ring in a crackerjack box!

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by finitedualities

Yes, there are SOME twisted individuals who have attempted to pass various forms of STD's to people on purpose.

Pat over here makes it look like this is part of the culture or something.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Let's assume this happened.
It would simply be the act of an individual that obviously shouldn't reflect upon the whole.

This is like a blatant generalization for propaganda purposes in a derogatory sense.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
So it cuts your finger.....does Mr. Robertson understand how HIV/AIDS is transmitted? Even if you get your finger cut, while in contact with someone that is HIV/AIDS positive, they too would have to have an open wound. Sigh----for every good story about true Christians and their contribution to the world we have this to destroy it.

ETA:

Here is that positive note of the Christian Faith. Raleigh police threaten arrest for charity feeding homeless

They sought recourse to continue their good works rather than resort to things that go against their preached tenants. Sadly, they go unnoticed and the Pat Robertson's of the world grip the national headlines....
edit on 27-8-2013 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I am pretty sure you get one of those special rings in a box of cocoa puffs.

____

Pat Robertson - always good for a chuckle. But as you say, the very idea that such bizarre notions find favour among his followers; represents quite a sobering thought.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Indeed, as a former SBC cultist in my formative years, I do understand the extent of their propaganda. His show is one of the biggest shams in religious history, imo. I'll never forget the questions those supposed people of faith left unanswered, but honestly, I'm glad they had no clue.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Now now folks, Pat Robertson is a national treasure. Who else could come up with something like this. And just when we all needed a laugh with all the war drums banging away.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Thank you for lightening my mood tonight.

For the past two hours I have been in WW3, radiated in Japan and had several other close calls.

Me thinks it may be time for Pat Robertson to retire.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

I must admit that I grow tense whenever Pat Robertson is quoted. he has been known to say some very strange things. But what has happened here?

Pat Robertson:

“Some in the gay community there, . . ."

tothetenthpower:

Yes, there are SOME twisted individuals who have attempted to pass various forms of STD's to people on purpose.

You make it sound like Pat is right on the facts, you're just arguing over the intention and interpretation.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Yes. All homosexuals are out to give you teh gay, or AIDS. Spurious bastards would have you believe they don't have active organizations bent on the bending of your straightness.

This of course means that if you see a rainbow sticker on a car you should stay away from it because the exhaust is actually an AIDS and gay infused chemtrail. The whole community is in on it. Devious gays.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Does he have ANY proof of this, or is this just another "Pat Robertson losing his mind" moment?

Next will be catching AIDS by Gay people blowing kisses at you.......

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Oh my hat!

And just as I thought he was actually going in a sane direction with this answer...BAM...right back to urban legend cuckoo land.

Of course there's many such urban legends on HIV/AIDS, such as emails about South African HIV-positive people putting their blood in the tomato ketchup (which had racial, rather than homophobic overtones) at a major fast-food outlet.

Clinically it's all impossible.
The virus would quickly die in tomato sauce, and for a ring to pierce two hands and allow the blood to mingle would require quite a strangely designed ring, and transmission would take longer than a handshake.
People would wince and withdraw their hand immediately, and it's not like it would go unnoticed.

How do people come up with stuff and hate gay people so much that they think this is possible?
Gay people in San Francisco have probably done more to fight AIDS than him and his crusaders.
Several US states have draconian laws against both intentional transmission, or simple non-disclosure, and HIV-poz people are serving long sentences just for spitting, although it's now pretty much proven to be harmless.
So that would actually be treated as attempted murder, if it existed.

Why doesn't he comment on preachers who claim to cure AIDS that are broadly part of his Christian stream?
They are telling people (at least in South Africa) who were diagnosed HIV-positive that they are healed without any proof, and these people go on to infect their partners.

Just beyond shocking, and I wonder how people can believe anything this guy says.

edit on 27-8-2013 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

BUt, straight people of dubious moral fiber have been known to spread HIV intentionally too....does Pat want to make claims about straights, too???

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

The last I heard of this occurring was like..1992.

I'm sure there have been other cases of gay men attempting to infect others with HIV, but then again there are cases of women and straight folk doing that too.

So I guess you're right in a way, it's more about the fact that Pat, uses *some* yet he knows full well that any mention of this creates the idea in his followers mind that they are all like that.

Or at the very least condone the behavior of those that do, as something 'cultural'.

Always good to make me think Charles!

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I'm still waiting for someone to even prove that HIV is actually real? I'm not sure but I think it's a fraud.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

They are telling people (at least in South Africa) who were diagnosed HIV-positive that they are healed without any proof, and these people go on to infect their partners.

After Benedict XVI went to Africa and told people:

The pontiff said condoms were not the answer to the continent's fight against HIV and Aids and could make the problem worse.

That pretty much gives anybody who claims to a be preacher a green light to say insane things, now doesn't it?

I agree entirely though, the message of his church, among many others is distorted and not in line with the issues facing this current society.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

tothetenthpower,

You're a real jerk! Thanks to you and your title, I now have to clean my beverage off of my laptop.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

I despise defending anything from the church, but he has a point. Abstinence is the only real way to wipe it from an epidemic level...humans will be humans though. Make the mistakes and hope there's a cure at the end.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join