It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My friend just took half a bottle of Tylenol

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX
And I'm kinda starting to think I need new friends.

Ya' know the old saying ... if you think you have a problem with alcohol then you probably do?
Well ... if you think you have a problem with friends, then you probably do. Same/same.
Some people are not good for you to be around ....

Good luck.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Hope your friend is okay.

Also, I'd recommend really pushing them to get help. As friends, there is not a great deal we can actually do for suicidal friends, their mental illness is of an order that they really need professional intervention.

And whether this means medication, most likely, or therapy, harder to get but I think more useful, remains to be seen. But if somebody is taking ODs, then they need professional help.

If you're in the UK, then there are tons or organisations that can help, I can point you towards a few if you'd like? Not sure what the options are in the States, healthcare there is such a joke at the best of times, but I'm sure there are still people who can help.

Also, protect yourself. Being around suicidal people can really trigger our own mental health issues if we're prone to them.

Good luck.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
PS:

My own mental health has taken many hits over the years from having suicidal 'friends' who kept threatening ODs and sending out messages that caused everybody to panic. Eventually I took steps to remove these people from my life, because as it turned out none of them were terribly serious about really wanting to kill themselves, they were just driven to seek attention, and their negative energy was destroying me.

And I don't say that as a bad thing, sometimes people are in so much pain they are driven to crazy lengths to try and feel better.

So I started saying to people when they tried to say to me they were wanting to kill themselves, that I was very sorry, but they really needed to speak to a professional about that, because I was just a friend, I did not have the training or emotional equipment to really help them deal with a serious intent to kill themselves.

And I found this approach quite helpful. It encouraged them to actually get help, and it helped protect me.

Your mileage may vary of course. I simply offer this as a perspective.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
How old are you? You seem really young.
Anyways, back on topic, it's hard to commit suicide on tylonal, not only is it difficult, but it's also not the most efficient means of doing so. Any who, I'm sorry but this sounds like this is a cry for attention, because it's um, tylonal. There are much more serious and efficient ways to kill yourself... Are you in high school? This sounds like something a high school kid would do to get attention.. IMO

Result, he'll get his stomach pumped and get sent home with a stomach ache and probably a bad headache

Conclusion: Find something else to do with your time.
edit on 27-8-2013 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

You get a clue, don't bite people's heads off because you have a moron for a friend. Personally, I believe you should let him drown in his own drool. Clean the gene pool out.

I will never understand why people OD on Rx drugs, it's a cowards way out.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Did you read anything I posted??

Of course I called an ambulance before logging onto ATS.

I'm not stupid. Jesus Christ. GET A CLUE.

Your "brother" took a bottle of painkillers which could potentially end his life. Your first response is to call 911 and hop on ATS? Get your god-loving posterior off the damned computer and over to your friend's house.

If anyone needs to get a clue, it is NOT Seiko.

(post by Sharingan removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I just want to say, hang in there. I'm really very sorry that your friend overdosed and understand why you needed to vent about it here. I don't know why people like to jump to conclusions so fast. As far as your friend goes, if he just did it, he'll most likely be fine. They will take him to the ER, pump his stomach and then it's good old liquid charcoal time to absorb the toxicity. He'll spend the next 24 hours in a suicide watch most likely and then, he'll either be released or held in a psychiatric ward. He is most likely being taken to the closest hospital so that should narrow down where he's being taken to. You won't be able to see him for the next 24 hours as he will be on suicide watch.

Years ago, I survived taking around 70 pills of methotrexate, which is 1000 times more toxic than tylenol and infinitely more damaging to the liver along with nearly 200 other pills that were also highly toxic. Better yet, nobody knew that I had od'd. It was sheer dumb and peculiar luck that a friend, on gut feeling, showed up at my apartment at 4 a.m. to discover me an hour after I od'd. I ended up in the ICU drinking charcoal for days (when I refused, they stuck a tube down my throat--PASS). If I survived what I did to myself, he will most definitely survive.

You acted perfectly by immediately calling 911. Why someone attempts suicide is varied. A lot of times, part of it is having an inadequate support system. I had entirely lost mine. For some, it can be a chemical issue with the brain. For others, it can be purely environmental. (In my case, they determined it was the latter without going into details of just what happened to me that led up to my suicide attempt. I'm actually a pretty tough bird normally but even I have my limits.) When confronted with a loved one willing to risk death, it's incredibly hard because you want so much to save them. The problem is, outside of being there for them and reminding them of the good things in life, there really is little that one can do. That's a possibility that you need to come to grips with.

The rationale that I developed that worked with me after I was released from the ICU and put into a regular hospital room was this--if I'm going to gamble with something as precious as life, betting on life improving is the better gamble. It forced me to basically shift my view from one being of tunnel vision with a dark future of becoming crippled and damage to one of possibility for better. Ask your friend what he has to really lose by choosing life. Life may suck now but there truly is no guarantee that one's life is going to still be the same even a year from now. For me, I had a beautiful baby boy two years later. I'm so glad that I didn't die.

Hang in there.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
oh, sorry this happened, you take care of yourself, sending you ((((((hugs!))))))

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Everyone;

My own mental health has taken many hits over the years from having suicidal 'friends' who kept threatening ODs and sending out messages that caused everybody to panic. Eventually I took steps to remove these people from my life, because as it turned out none of them were terribly serious about really wanting to kill themselves, they were just driven to seek attention, and their negative energy was destroying me.

Your post is very helpful...

Anyways, back on topic, it's hard to commit suicide on tylonal, not only is it difficult, but it's also not the most efficient means of doing so. Any who, I'm sorry but this sounds like this is a cry for attention, because it's um, tylonal. There are much more serious and efficient ways to kill yourself... Are you in high school? This sounds like something a high school kid would do to get attention.. IMO

Yeah, he's in high school. I graduated a little while back.

You get a clue, don't bite people's heads off because you have a moron for a friend. Personally, I believe you should let him drown in his own drool. Clean the gene pool out.

If there is a God, hopefully you will go the same way.

Don't tell me what to do. You're nobody.

Some damn genius decides to read the title of my OP, make an incredibly STUPID assumption about my reaction, then starts telling me what to do... someone, I might add, who's avatar is a chick sucking a tit. You expect me to take that nonsense seriously??

Your "brother" took a bottle of painkillers which could potentially end his life. Your first response is to call 911 and hop on ATS? Get your god-loving posterior off the damned computer and over to your friend's house.

He's surrounded by loved ones right now. And, as of now, anyone on the planet is more likely to WANT to be his friend than I am. You don't know anything, so keep your acidic rudeness to yourself.

If anyone needs to get a clue, it is NOT Seiko.

And because you said it, I guess its true.

I went through complete HELL last night... but that makes me evil.

I should coddle my friends for doing this. You got me. I'm evil.

Both of them sound like "drama queens" him for attention whoring and the OP for hopping on ATS instead of hopping a ride to his house, just keep it on FB from now on Your friend should do some research on Acetaminophen toxicity levels if he really wants to die, the amount for an adult is 7.5-10 grams or 7500 to 10,000 mg's.

Yeah, I know its fashionable to bash the OP in whatever way you can, no matter the topic of the thread... its a pathetic fad on ATS. But please, stop. It doesn't make you look cool.

I just want to say, hang in there. I'm really very sorry that your friend overdosed and understand why you needed to vent about it here. I don't know why people like to jump to conclusions so fast. As far as your friend goes, if he just did it, he'll most likely be fine. They will take him to the ER, pump his stomach and then it's good old liquid charcoal time to absorb the toxicity. He'll spend the next 24 hours in a suicide watch most likely and then, he'll either be released or held in a psychiatric ward. He is most likely being taken to the closest hospital so that should narrow down where he's being taken to. You won't be able to see him for the next 24 hours as he will be on suicide watch.

My fiance and a couple of my bro's friends visited him in the hospital last night, they were even cracking jokes with him, and he was laughing it up. Glad to know THEY'RE fine.

I thank you for your response... but I don't think my friend was serious with this at all.

He's the fifth "best friend" of mine who's tried to kill themselves.

Really starting to think this was a dramatic plea for attention, and I'm seriously wondering how I'm gonna continue being his friend. I completely fell apart last night, and over nothing. He's perfectly fine now.

I can't have people purposely screwing with my head like this...

Considering not talking to him anymore.

Almost considering deleting my ATS account again... some of you insensitive trolls remind me why I give up on most people in the first place. Because you're damaged and jaded, you've gotta kick other people while they're down... well, you know what?

You're pathetic.

Yes, I know, I'm evil for having feelings. I terribly regret making this thread now.

Kinda regret ever having friends in the first place.

Peace.

edit on 27-8-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Seeing as how you responded to several different posts in one go, I'll just respond to the part that was directed to me.

He's surrounded by loved ones right now. And, as of now, anyone on the planet is more likely to WANT to be his friend than I am.

So in your OP, you likened this guy to a "brother". You said: "This is my best friend, and he doesn't see it. He doesn't see at all how much people care about him. In fact, I don't think he cares about how we, his friends, feel. At all. But I love him like a brother. He IS my brother." But now, apparently, you're the last person in the world who would want to be there for him, after you called 911 and started this thread?

Am I missing something here?
edit on 27-8-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Seeing as how you responded to several different posts in one go, I'll just respond to the part that was directed to me.

He's surrounded by loved ones right now. And, as of now, anyone on the planet is more likely to WANT to be his friend than I am.

So in your OP, you likened this guy to a "brother". You said: "This is my best friend, and he doesn't see it. He doesn't see at all how much people care about him. In fact, I don't think he cares about how we, his friends, feel. At all. But I love him like a brother. He IS my brother." But now, apparently, you're the last person in the world who would want to be there for him, after you called 911 and started this thread?

Last night, I thought he was completely serious. It scared the hell out of me.

Now, knowing he's okay, laughing and cracking jokes without the slightest concern for the HELL he put all his friends through last night (none of which he's made an effort to contact), he's starting to reek of an emotionally manipulative attention-seeking douche.

He can put us through hell at the drop of a hat.

I would never in a MILLION YEARS do that to him. Or anyone.

I can't comprehend how someone can be so okay with damaging everyone around them like that, and the next day, not even caring. Not even contacting the people he sent suicide messages to.

I still love him like a brother, but I don't know if I can be friends with him anymore.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Believe it or not, I have been through a very similar situation in my college years. I can understand your reaction.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Some people are toxic. They play others. They feed off them and are selfish.
Take care of yourself first. No one else will. I wish the best for you.
Let us know what you decide to do in regards to this person. It may be time for a break ....
(hard to hear ... but I think you know this already ... )

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Last night, I thought he was completely serious. It scared the hell out of me.

Now, knowing he's okay, laughing and cracking jokes without the slightest concern for the HELL he put all his friends through last night (none of which he's made an effort to contact), he's starting to reek of an emotionally manipulative attention-seeking douche.

He can put us through hell at the drop of a hat.

I would never in a MILLION YEARS do that to him. Or anyone.

I can't comprehend how someone can be so okay with damaging everyone around them like that, and the next day, not even caring. Not even contacting the people he sent suicide messages to.

I still love him like a brother, but I don't know if I can be friends with him anymore.

you would never do that to anyone in a MILLION YEARS?

Then why do I feel trolled?

You could have easily come back today and posted...so a friend told me they took a bottle of tylenol but lied...
edit on 27-8-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
You're friend's attempt is probably not unlike this thread...a cry for attention.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I nominate this thread as the Drama Queen Thread of the Week.

Vote early; vote often.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Can I have the other half of the bottle?

I got a headache...

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSubversiveOne

reply to post by schuyler

You got me!

I completely fell apart last night... balled my eyes out, called an ambulance, and was told my friend was joking around and laughing an hour afterwards, casual as ever. Just ripped my heart out. No big deal.

And, because ATS was the only place I could talk to anyone, I am an evil attention-seeking drama monger, and I deserve flak from you pathetic finger pointing trolls.

Yooooooou got me. I'm completely evil.

Get a life you wastes of space.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

You know, a little less condescension might work wonders for the impression you give people. Almost every time you post in this thread, you're insulting one or more people. You could work on your diplomacy. At the very least, it will improve your social skills in real life settings.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join