It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria's Nusra threatens to rocket Alawites over alleged chemical attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
mobile.reuters.com...

DUBAI (Reuters) - An al Qaeda-affiliated rebel commander in Syria has pledged to target communities of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad's Alawite minority with rockets in revenge for an alleged chemical attack near Damascus, according to an audio recording seen on Sunday.

"For every chemical rocket that has fallen on our people in Damascus, one of their villages will, by the will of God, pay for it," Abu Mohammad al-Golani of the al-Nusra Front said in the recording posted on YouTube. "On top of that we will prepare a thousand rockets that will be fired on their towns in revenge for the Damascus Ghouta massacre."

So I'm confused & I hope someone can help me. These terrorist are threatening to kill civilians because Assad supposedly killed civilians? Does that make sense to anyone? I get that Al Qaeda has no qualms about killing innocent people but come on. As far as I'm concerned this YouTube statement only solidifies my belief it was Al Nursa who fired off those chemical rockets.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

So lets get this clear people, we are on the same side of an issue as Al Qaeda...

Americans, really stop and take that in.

That one fact should be enough to show everyone how much of the US agenda is substantiated on lies.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
mobile.reuters.com...

DUBAI (Reuters) - An al Qaeda-affiliated rebel commander in Syria has pledged to target communities of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad's Alawite minority with rockets in revenge for an alleged chemical attack near Damascus, according to an audio recording seen on Sunday.

"For every chemical rocket that has fallen on our people in Damascus, one of their villages will, by the will of God, pay for it," Abu Mohammad al-Golani of the al-Nusra Front said in the recording posted on YouTube. "On top of that we will prepare a thousand rockets that will be fired on their towns in revenge for the Damascus Ghouta massacre."

So I'm confused & I hope someone can help me. These terrorist are threatening to kill civilians because Assad supposedly killed civilians? Does that make sense to anyone? I get that Al Qaeda has no qualms about killing innocent people but come on. As far as I'm concerned this YouTube statement only solidifies my belief it was Al Nursa who fired off those chemical rockets.

Why if it was the children of some rebels that perished?
If it had been my child then I would want revenge in some way!!
Dont be fooled into thinking the Ass-ad regime didnt do it!

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by RP2SticksOfDynamite

Don't be fooled that the assad regime did do it. The media isn't trying to tell people anything else even though there isn't strong evidence. It doesn't make sense, its been denied, and it would make sense for the rebels to do . You are being sold the same war as in 02, but this time its being sold as a humanitarian act.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   

shows your intelligence revenge against the people who did it is not code for bomb civilians. Obviously there in a losing battle so they cant easly blow up Assad so there going to kill CIVILIANS makes sense to me.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

Don't be fooled that the assad regime did do it. The media isn't trying to tell people anything else even though there isn't strong evidence. It doesn't make sense, its been denied, and it would make sense for the rebels to do . You are being sold the same war as in 02, but this time its being sold as a humanitarian act.

I dont listen to the news and dont trust any Gov either! Yes it might kinda make sense for the rebels to do and that is why i think Ass-ad did it!! Also the reluctance and delay on inspectors! Now its too they to proove Ass-ad did it!

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by darknull

shows your intelligence revenge against the people who did it is not code for bomb civilians. Obviously there in a losing battle so they cant easly blow up Assad so there going to kill CIVILIANS makes sense to me.

thats exactly what the Ass-ad regime wanted you to think!
some of the dead kids are children or younger bros and sisters of rebel fighters!

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Don't be fooled? Why are you so sure Asaad's forces randomly attacked civilians? That makes no sense. What does make sense is the terrorists killing civilians & blaming it on Assad so the west & NATO can run bombing campaigns for them, like they did in Libya, so Assad can finally fall & Syria will become a terrorist hell hole, just like in Libya.

edit on 26-8-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

Don't be fooled? Why are you so sure Asaad's forces randomly attacked civilians? That makes no sense. What does make sense is the terrorists killing civilians & blaming it on Assad so the west & NATO can run bombing campaigns for them, like they did in Libya, so Assad can finally fall & Syria will become a terrorist hell hole, just like in Libya.

edit on 26-8-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

Im not fooled unlike most ATS's.

Ass-ad forces have slaughtered 10's of thousands of civilians already so a 1000 more by gas why not, yes makes no sense but that is what has been done by him or a faction of his regime, just like sadam and ali before him! These tin pot toss pot dynastical dictators dont give a rats ass about people. The very nature of them is the point!!

new topics

top topics

join