It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British troops with chemical warfare kits head to Syrian doorstep

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Umm….yes, he had chemical weapons….and he used them.

That is common knowledge.

Saddam Hussein was internationally known for his use of chemical weapons in the 1980s against Iranian and Kurdish civilians during and after the Iran–Iraq War. It is also known that in the 1980s he pursued an extensive biological weapons program and a nuclear weapons program, though no nuclear bomb was built.

After the 1990-1991 Persian Gulf War, the United Nations located and destroyed large quantities of Iraqi chemical weapons and related equipment and materials throughout the early 1990s, with varying degrees of Iraqi cooperation and obstruction.
en.wikipedia.org...

In violation of the Geneva Protocol of 1925, the Iraqi Army initiated two failed (1970–1974, 1974–1978) and one successful (1978–1991) offensive chemical weapons (CW) programs.[1] President Saddam Hussein (1937–2006) pursued the most extensive chemical program during the Iran-Iraq War (1980–1988), when he waged chemical warfare against his foe. He also used chemicals in 1988 in the Al-Anfal Campaign against his civilian Kurdish population and during a popular uprising in the south in 1991.
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 22-8-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

Are you giving data for the same chemical weapons that the US GAVE to Saddam Hussein? The weapons that they knew very well what he was going to do, and what he did with?

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by bigman88

Give me a break...

Did you even bother to read the first page?

Start HERE.

Iraq didn't get the majority of its NBC weapons from US. Try again!

edit on 23-8-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Strange I was told about the troops going well over a week ago they were then going to the med, the rumour amongst the guys ,was that they were likely going into Syria, if that was correct, there seems to be an awful coincidence that this gassing attack has taken place after they departed to go there,

I feel suspicious that there is more to this than we can imagine, are some people in the NATO governments, engineering a reason to go in?, I hope not , the last thing we need is another Iraq.
But when rumour travels through the services there is usually some truth in it.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Ahh they may as well just get along with it. Everybody knows what is going to happen, well some people that is.
All these puppet shows are just retarded. So when we they and them going to visit Iran? This global war drama is getting old. But you know like all plays its always dragged on, and when its over you will be informed of it long after the fact, and only as a new play is at hand.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigman88

reply to post by Agit8dChop

Umm….yes, he had chemical weapons….and he used them.

That is common knowledge.

Saddam Hussein was internationally known for his use of chemical weapons in the 1980s against Iranian and Kurdish civilians during and after the Iran–Iraq War. It is also known that in the 1980s he pursued an extensive biological weapons program and a nuclear weapons program, though no nuclear bomb was built.

After the 1990-1991 Persian Gulf War, the United Nations located and destroyed large quantities of Iraqi chemical weapons and related equipment and materials throughout the early 1990s, with varying degrees of Iraqi cooperation and obstruction.
en.wikipedia.org...

In violation of the Geneva Protocol of 1925, the Iraqi Army initiated two failed (1970–1974, 1974–1978) and one successful (1978–1991) offensive chemical weapons (CW) programs.[1] President Saddam Hussein (1937–2006) pursued the most extensive chemical program during the Iran-Iraq War (1980–1988), when he waged chemical warfare against his foe. He also used chemicals in 1988 in the Al-Anfal Campaign against his civilian Kurdish population and during a popular uprising in the south in 1991.
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 22-8-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

Are you giving data for the same chemical weapons that the US GAVE to Saddam Hussein? The weapons that they knew very well what he was going to do, and what he did with?

Please

As an Englishman I hold my hands up and say my nation also had a hand in shipping weapons.

It was like incest... a game the whole family can play. Many shoulders hold the blame.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by RAY1990

Please

As an Englishman I hold my hands up and say my nation also had a hand in shipping weapons.

It was like incest... a game the whole family can play. Many shoulders hold the blame.

Don't waste your time, sir.

He's a US hater and nothing you say will change his "facts" about what happened. His history was written by detractors with an agenda.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB

British troops with chemical warfare kits head to Syrian doorstep

www.mirror.co.uk

On Friday 130 members of 42 Commando will leave for Jordan to participate in war games codenamed Eager Lion 13 Royal Marines with chemical warfare kits are heading to Syria’s doorstep this week as civil war intensifies, the Sunday People can reveal.
On Friday 130 members of 42 Commando, based in Plymouth, will leave for Syria neighbour Jordan to join 5,000 US marines and 15 other nations for war games codenamed Eager Lion 13.
But with 800 British troops already in the desert kingdom awaiting dep.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Dated 16th June. Operation Eager Lion 2013 (the clue is in the name... there was an Eager Lion 2012 too)

AMMAN, Jordan, May 28 (UPI) -- Jordan is to host a major military exercise with more than 15,000 soldiers from 18 countries, including the United States.

A Jordanian military official speaking on condition of anonymity stated that, besides the United States, other countries sending military personnel for the two-week "Eager Lion 2013" military exercise include Britain, Bahrain, Canada, the Czech Republic, Egypt, France, Iraq, Italy, Lebanon, Pakistan, Poland, Qatar, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia and Yemen, The Tehran Times reported.

The Eager Lion 12 operations are the largest recurring, annual exercise in U.S. military's Central Command and designed to strengthen military-to-military relationships.

Exercise Eager Lion 12, also in Jordan, ran May 8-30, 2012 and involved 11,000 personnel from 19 countries.

www.upi.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Vengeance

How long this 'exercise' will last? why the soldiers are not coming back?
And what are they doing there?

The fact is we are already seeing ground action from US/UK troops, typical of opening stages of a war.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
reply to post by seabag

yes, had them... over a decade before the gulf war 2. We know he had them, we gave them to him. Everyone knows he used them against an Iranian outpost at Hallabja..

But, he did not have them when Bush invaded, he did not have the means to create them. (Bush even admitted this to us). This is why we found nothing and everyone captured said we have nothing.
AKA Bush and Cheney Lied...

He did not ship them to Syria.. why? ... because the only intel the US had was dodgy phone calls and sat photos of tubes in a stock yard. If Saddam had of shipped his munitions to Syria there would have been satellite photos all over the hoopla! Also, again, he didn't have the means to make them after the UN Destroyed the infrastructure.

Syria doesn't need anyone to supply them, they have one of the largest stockpiles.
Also, this stuff has a SHELF LIFE! as in, it degrades over time.

All valid points against the nonsense concept that Saddam had 20yr old chemical weapons magically ship to Syria to be shelved for another 10yrs only to be used in 2013... when he has stockpiles of new stuff there and ready to go!

logic..

Yeah...So this popular rumor is now going to re-emerge. Fantastic.

People need never forget that Syria has been a target for a long time... and when the Iraq war started, the rumors started flying that the reason they couldn't produce proof of chemical weapons was because Saddam shipped them to that dangerous country Syria (excuse, cough BS cough). You see, they (western zionists) had already had their eyes on Syria from long ago and the prime target as we all should know by now is Iran. This is all about money, control of oil and they are all dumb enough to think that toppling Iran is the answer... because the government is full of PTSD fruitcakes that fear powerful communist countries like the boogieman because our bank run government has a way of getting real messed up wackos into high positions.

People need to stop and use their brains for a minute. Let's say you are an official in Syria... You get a desperate phone call from officials in Iraq saying "They are going to bomb us if we don't get rid of our stockpiles of illegal weapons... We are shipping them to you ASAP"

I MEAN WHAT THE HELL WOULD YOU SAY??

Ummmm...okay?

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

You say into the phone "Destroy them, you retards!...NOT OUR PROBLEM" And then hang up the phone... as if the call ever would have even taken place. It's just ludicrous

If any weapons went across that border... it was done illegally, without the consent of the former Assad.Syria has never been known to be great friends with Saddam's Iraq. It's hard to believe that anyone would try to put this rumor of WMD shipment off on the leadership in Syria.

If people who support intervention in Syria actually think that WMD were real in Iraq and that they went to Syria... then they should AT LEAST be able to figure out that they went into the hands of insurgents who are not on the side of the Syrian government... with the BIG IF of it happening at all. And that would point to Syrian rebels who are not even supposed to be in that country in the first place... AS IN... The rebels that the UNITED STATES intends to FUND AKA AL-CIA-DUH.

Yeah... Just let them keep thinking there is nothing wrong with that picture.

Oldest trick in the damn book and people are STILL clinging on to that crap like it's their last buck in Vegas. Give us a damn break already. Anybody who believes that ANY official in ANY country took WMD from Iraq really needs to have a few more cups of coffee before continuing to post.

I can't believe this would get brought back out of the old horse pile.
edit on 24-8-2013 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by NotAnAspie

Some of the Iraqi stockpile could have made it to Syria. It is logical that Saddam would have kept some insurance as he had hopes of recovering his throne. Syria could have obliged for money.

This Shia/Sunni bull# melts away when money is involved.

Saddam sent his family (women and children) to Syria along with gold and hard currency to ensure their safety.

Money goes far my friend. It buys a lot of stuff.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

reply to post by RAY1990

Please

Don't waste your time, sir.

He's a US hater and nothing you say will change his "facts" about what happened. His history was written by detractors with an agenda.

You referring to me, seabag? My history written by detractors? You saying that US or it's allies did not supply the regime with death gas, and then stood by and watched as he murdered thousands, and then sued that as a justification for wart years later?

You gonna prove this has not happened?

I just take into account what people has done in the past. If my co-worker stole my sh*t then lied about, i won't have any kind thoughts about him her later on.

Maybe your head is too far entrenched in the sand. Oh, good medal of honor graphic there...bad ass.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by NotAnAspie

Thank you, notanapple.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join