It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turns out they were racist...what now? Teen Australian Thrill Killers....

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

It helps and it doesn't help.

It helps others by being aware. IF you see a group of 50 "youths" walking down the street, you go in the opposite direction or any way to avoid them because, as life lessons have shown, problems will arise, especially if you are a different race than said "youths. In other words, Bringing issues like this up has made us aware that 50 "youths" walking down the street most likely will lead to problems.

It doesn't help because people think that talking about it is discriminatory. In essence it is, but for good reason. Now this, will make some people angry. Truth be told, the people that get angry are the ones that need to open their mouths and speak out against this thuggery. PERIOD.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

It's sickening that you find it hilarious that people are upset about this young man's death. Personally, his family and his girlfriend have been in my prayers since I head the news last week.

It's also sad that some reports of Australians suggesting a boycott of visiting the US.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
In our present day America there is always the possibility of the misguided committing heinous, inhuman acts of violence that leaves permanent gouges in lives and families. This truly is a shame, and it is fact that the chances of getting entangled with someone who has decided to not value human life rises exponentially in certain neighborhoods; the ones where killing and death has become a relatively jaded fact of life.

There is a vast amount of poverty in our United States that is a huge factor in this, slums and large pockets widespread that many are forced to grow up in and live in. Pinpointing exactly what let alone who is the responsible party for this fractured if not shattered state many in our regions and cities and neighborhoods find in this abysmal living situation that is to many all that is known for it is all they have ever been immersed in is in the times we face now not a problem that can be discussed with surface analysis or basic cut and dry interpretations.

My frustrations at times in these types of threads stems from a lack of understanding and quickness for some to hastily reach for the brush of broad strokes, that blurs, obscures and overwhelms the true issue and roots from being the focus.

Basically, is it is a fact of life that certain people will be targeted in certain areas they may stumble into if they are not privy to the way of life that these places are endemic to. This is in fact historical, not exclusive to the poverty based places we may find ourselves in today, but as a general rule of thumb that if you enter a land where you find yourself to be an outsider ("out of towner"), you will be taken for whatever can be gained from you.

It is a far deeper and more serious entity of an issue than most disrespect when hastily summing up things up in boxes of black and white, right and wrong. Our present day US is in some places can be an unpredictable battleground at the drop of a hat, and that is really the source of this burning in the belly of the Land we are in.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Superhans

At the end of the day when people cry about equality what they really mean is
"If someone is ahead of me they should either be held down so they are equal with me or I should be given some advantage so that I am equal with them."
When you look at it objectively many of these affirmative action things and all the equality crap is just as if not more racist than the original problem they were trying to solve.
Think about it, lets say a black guy does not get good enough grades to make it into a university but gets in to fill some race quota they have. All that really says is " Here was are going to let you in anyways because in reviewing your application we see that you did not make the proper grade requirements BUT since you are not white we know you can't help your poor performance so welcome to the university".
Now don't get me wrong, i hold no ill will to those who get jobs and education based off their skin color, they have to look out for themselves just as I would if i were offered something. But this whole system of separating people by race for things like jobs and education has to go. If you go out camping and ants raid and eat all your food, do you get mad at the ants for eating it or do you tell the wife to put things away so the ants don't get them?

Issues concerning economic Justice,very well how did we get here in the first place as with welfare there is almost universal belief that Blacks are the primary benefactors of it,true blacks are the poster children for such especially since it was ostensibly created for them but the reality is White Females are primary the affirmative action gainers.

Affirmative Action primarily benefits white women says
conservative female author

"I regard affirmative action as pernicious — a system that had
wonderful ideals when it started but was almost immediately
abused for the benefit of white middle-class women. And the
number one sign of it is in the universities. The elite schools
were destroyed by affirmative action for women, not for
blacks."
--Author/lecturer Prof. Camille Paglia

FROM NY TIMES ARTICLE- CITING US DEPT OF
LABOR STUDIES
Reverse-discrimination claims fell into two categories:
individual decisions in which a white man asserted that he
would have been hired for a job had he been black or female,
and cases that claimed programs or plans unfairly favored
women and minorities.

“Many of the cases were the result of a disappointed applicant
failing to examine his or her own qualifications,” Mr.
Blumrosen wrote, “and erroneously assuming that when a
woman or minority got the job, it was because of race or sex,
not qualifications.

Affirmative action has caused very few claims of reverse
discrimination by white people, according to a draft of a report
prepared by the Labor Department. The author says his findings
poke holes in the theory that affirmative-action programs
unfairly benefit minorities at the expense of white workers.

The report, prepared by a law professor at Rutgers University,
Alfred W. Blumrosen, found fewer than 100
reverse-discrimination cases among more than 3,000
discrimination opinions by Federal district and appeals courts
from 1990 to 1994.

A "high proportion" of the reverse-discrimination claims lacked
merit, the review found.
Reverse discrimination was
established in six cases, and the courts provided appropriate
relief in those cases, it said.
www.nytimes.com...

This history has been told before, but Katznelson offers a penetrating new analysis, supported by vivid examples and statistics. He examines closely how the federal government discriminated against black citizens as it created and administered the sweeping social programs that provided the vital framework for a vibrant and secure American middle class. Considered revolutionary at the time, the new legislation included the Social Security system, unemployment compensation, the minimum wage, protection of the right of workers to join labor unions and the G.I. Bill of Rights.

Even though blacks benefited to a degree from many of these programs, Katznelson shows how and why they received far less assistance than whites did. He documents the political process by which powerful Southern Congressional barons shaped the programs in discriminatory ways -- as their price for supporting them. (A black newspaper editorial criticized Roosevelt for excluding from the minimum wage law the black women who worked long hours for $4.50 a week at the resort the president frequented in Warm Springs, Ga.)
www.nytimes.com...

Pls klik the link interesting read

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others
edit on Mon Aug 26 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Quote Crash Course

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

That's not breaking news, it's 2 weeks old and you're being intentionally divisive. I'm losing respect for your posts, most of these sources are shady and biased. I'm going to save myself time and skip over your next few threads. There's also links to several violent racist propaganda websites in the description. In fact this is the top comment:

The facts are you black never invented a wheel, nor had your own written language and are without much of a history other than what the white man has recorded. You were not Egyptian gods or any other kind of gods. You are, were and always have been the absolute scum of the earth and on the bottom of the pile of the nearest septic tank.

Racists are actually funny, no matter how wildly untrue something is they'll still support it

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Before a Mod has to say it..........Behave. Stick to the subject, not the poster. It makes you (fill in the blank) look bad. This goes for anyone doing this...........

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Give these big men gangstas a death sentence and be done with it. Lock em up with real cons and throw the key away.
Don't be given any # about them being young kids etc, my son is 8 and knows about right and wrong.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by LizardSlicks
reply to post by pavil

Somebody was murdered. Justice is being served. Violence, especially of this type where more or less random and completely innocent people are the victims, is probably the worst thing there is. Rest in peace Chris Lane. It is disrespectful to turn something about his murder into a platform to speak broadly about unsubstantiated theories on a national level. I have realized that and hope others do too.

Latessss.
edit on 26-8-2013 by LizardSlicks because: (no reason given)

^ This, this is happening on a national level. That is why Buttercookie speaks out on this type of crime in the manner that she does. Crimes like this happen all across the Country, in every State but they are swept under the rug or kept from the MSM. I'm sorry you fail to see that, it's probably for the best. But, if you have children, you'd better open your eyes and get out into the real world because it isn't pretty out there.

Outssss

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

He also made another post about knocking out white people if he couldn't get his hands on that "Almighty Sosa" by Monday. In other words he would attack white people if he couldn't get a mix tape. He readily talked about being willing to fight and kill people. There is no doubt this kid was racist and his violence against whites was escalating. It went from being because of the Trayvon case to being being about a mix tape. It shows a clear and obvious progression.

To say this wasn't about race seems disingenuous at the least.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

Where do you think I live? I don't have to hear about someone being murdered on the TV to be well aware that people are being killed often out here. It's just that the real world isn't as scary as many posters seem to believe based on their posts. It is not the borderline free for all frenzy that is being implied in this thread. I read your post about seeing 50 youths and having to walk the opposite direction from the way you were going because of the incredible danger and beatdown that awaits if you don't hide yourself from these monsters. That is ridiculous. So do you have to re-plan your entire day after that, since you are no longer going the direction you intended to arrive at your desired destination? So you wouldn't be able to attend a friend or family members high school athletics game or go to an amusement park? I live right in the middle of the real world and have been many places those nice and those downright slummy and have never felt like a deer caught in the headlights, or that blacks or latinos were simply to blame. I guess it's just in how you assess situations, plan, and carry yourself. Either that or I must be sooooo soo bad. No gun and not afraid, in the hood, and not dark complected. Speak for your own kind.

edit on 26-8-2013 by LizardSlicks because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybee

It's also sad that some reports of Australians suggesting a boycott of visiting the US.

I can't even think of who might benefit by suggesting that. Which Australian and why?

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Spider879

Issues concerning economic Justice,very well how did we get here in the first place as with welfare there is almost universal belief that Blacks are the primary benefactors of it,true blacks are the poster children for such especially since it was ostensibly created for them but the reality is White Females are primary the affirmative action gainers.

But if you look at the actual numbers on a per capita basis and take into account the fact that blacks only make up about 10% of the population it is indeed blacks who benefit the most from welfare. And welfare just really proves my point, its a handout to make someone "equal".

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Superhans

But if you look at the actual numbers on a per capita basis and take into account the fact that blacks only make up about 10% of the population it is indeed blacks who benefit the most from welfare. And welfare just really proves my point, its a handout to make someone "equal".

Superhans if you will I made a thread on this issue so as not to knock this one off topic www.abovetopsecret.com...
Here pls klik the link and we can discuss the issue...onigaishimas..

edit on 27-8-2013 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join