It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I thought all this alien and UFO stuff was a joke but last night.....

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by formerlynormal

Maybe next time you could warn people about the explicit language in your video. I'm sure most would appreciate it as some may be viewing the vid from a workplace or have children in the same room.

I was surprised to hear the F-bomb a couple seconds after a childs voice and also because in the op, you said your children were present when you saw the UFO. You might not care what your children are exposed to but others don't want their kids to hear such language. I don't think it's too much to ask for a warning.

I'm not the type of person that explains all UFOs to be chinese lanterns but in this case, I think that might actually be a chinese lantern. It's hard to tell from the video.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismarco

I hate the Chinese lantern excuse...how many people are actually lighting this things and letting them go?

Enough of them. And they are really really cheap. About $1 each.

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_36?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1376960504&sr=1-36&keywords=chi nese+lanterns

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
One hell of a welcoming committee. At least you ran into somebody that saw something like what you did here. Hang in there.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
When you say, "cylindrical" you totally sound like a Valley Girl. Totally.

10/10 - would watch again

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

I agree. There are too many rude people on this site, way too many. They think they are witty and all de-bunky. Wanna be professional disinfo agents perhaps? I read a lot, but rarely post anything. Like the post a few above this one, the one chastising the OP about the "language" in the video. They made the comment about being at work and the language in the video and how they were surprised they "heard a child's voice" then the f-bomb. This is hardly the time nor place to try and scold someone about their language, at all.

However, I will go ahead with my own scold: Should you really be on the web at WORK, visiting ATS? Didn't think so...
edit on 21-8-2013 by lovebeck because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-8-2013 by lovebeck because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by silverking

Maybe next time you could warn people about the explicit language in your video. I'm sure most would appreciate it as some may be viewing the vid from a workplace or have children in the same room.

I was surprised to hear the F-bomb a couple seconds after a childs voice and also because in the op, you said your children were present when you saw the UFO. You might not care what your children are exposed to but others don't want their kids to hear such language. I don't think it's too much to ask for a warning.

I'm not the type of person that explains all UFOs to be chinese lanterns but in this case, I think that might actually be a chinese lantern. It's hard to tell from the video.

Who are you? The language police? The "F Bomb" is just a word. Many people use it when they're excited, scared, etc...Anyhow, like I said in my other post, should anyone really be on ATS at work? No, they should be working. And if your "young children" are around, maybe you should be paying attention to them, not the internet. Your argument about "such language" is garbage. Stop trying to hijack the man's first thread here with all this nonsense. If you're so sensitive, go find a Precious Moments forum or something...Thanks.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Great shot of the orb! As you can tell when they hover they go from white to orange then at a complete stop they turn reddish. These colors can alternate rapidly too depending on who they are watching. Some feel those are probes or unmanned craft to survey the areas. That was not a lantern or balloon but there will be some who will try to burst your bubble by saying so. Another tip is they fly during the day as well but are much easier to see with polarized sunglasses.

Welcome to reality!

Ami

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MsAster777

Quoted "Maybe next time you could warn people about the explicit language in your video. I'm sure most would appreciate it as some may be viewing the vid from a workplace or have children in the same room.

I'm not the type of person that explains all UFOs to be chinese lanterns but in this case, I think that might actually be a chinese lantern. It's hard to tell from the video."

First of all there is no way you should be doing this at work, how lame is that. Secondly this is not a childrens forum and your tube certainly isnt for children so if yours are there you are negligent as a parent for having adult material in front of them, if at work what kind of employee are you? What responsible parent would even let small children on youtube unsupervised? So get off your high horse and chill, your opinion is about as productive as sand in the eyes. Furthermore what is your expertise in Ufology that you can debunk anything? I have been an investigator/abductologist for nearly 20 years first with MUFON now freelance and my own NPO. Chinese lanterns are the new swamp gas or venus crutch to try and debunk only to sheeple. I have seen those probes many times and his video is valid. Nuff said.

edit on 21-8-2013 by MsAster777 because: Forgot quotations

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   

If you look at the description of the video it clearly states that there's excessive swearing in it. Also, is this the first time you've seen a UFO sighting video? They are usually littered with swears, not to mention ATS isn't PBS.

Good job OP! Great introduction and I'm really happy to have seen your contribution towards ufology. S+F

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
to the OP this community has UFO enthusiasts/nuts/naysayers basically every kind of ufo and anti-ufo believer. the truth is the ufo business is a double edged sword. on one hand, we have the pre-camera ufo sightings, no videos just written reports so many do not find those credible, and now that we have cameras there is so much stuff online as it is that its easy to say to debunk by saying its a Chinese lantern or its cgi or whatever. Unless you see it with your own eyes its very hard to believe. And cameras don't do any justice, objects look way smaller, shakier, crappy video resolution. I can tell you one thing, whatever it is, your video definitely belongs here with all the other ones that have been posted.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

I think it goes without saying any kind of ufo vid especially a home made vid is not subject to "ratings". Like others said, if your complaining about the swear words because your in the workplace that means you probably shouldn't be on this site in the first place at your workplace. Also, just because you keep your kids in a glass bubble doesn't mean everyone else does.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join