It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Contact - Why the human race needs it for its very survival.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Good morning ATS,

Upon reviewing this mornings news and seeing the utter chaos some parts of our world have descended into, I began, as many have, thinking about why this has happened and how we can attempt to better our world. And, Aliens happened to pop into my mind.

I know, a bit of an odd topic to think of first thing in the morning prior to my first cup of coffee, but none the less, I decided to write a brief thread to detail some of what I had mulled over in my mind.

Let me preface the following discussion by noting that many of us, myself included, have recognized that a fundamental paradigm shift is required to change our world for the better. The human race has entrenched itself in self-destructive attitudes and beliefs that is leading to ever increasing stagnation.

The degradation of effective national leadership, religious strife, excessive nationalism and lack of global cooperation, we could very easily find ourselves facing an extinction event.

Now, to the point. Why Extraterrestrial contact can bring us back from the precipice of extinction...

I feel that this contact would allow for the paradigm shift I mentioned earlier. I would much rather this compared to the alternative, a paradigm shift as the result of war that would bring the human species to the brink of utter destruction.

Alien contact would fundamentally change our perception in our role in the universe. This would be exactly what is needed to bring the world together to work towards loftier goals.

For those trek fans out there, first contact was the pivotal moment when humans adopted a philosophy of philanthropy and scientific exploration for the betterment of the human race. As what happens quite often, I feel this bit of science fiction could also become reality.

World leaders would realize that their petty squabbles over political issues would become inconsequential upon the realization that the we are but a drop in a bucket of water.

Aliens would shatter religion as each individual of religious faith seeks to reconcile their belief system with reality.

We will be made aware of technology and scientific principles beyond our current understanding and strive towards it. I can envision new global efforts to develop technology to allows us to match other space fairing species.

I think this would be one of the major motivating factors. Once we realize that we are in our infancy in contrast to the first contacting beings, the human ego will be all the motivation we need to see an explosion of technological development.

Not really original thoughts, but I felt compelled to write them down.

Of course, first contact could have the opposite effect I have described and exacerbate current issues. Would countries war with each other to try and garner favor with the extraterrestrial beings? Will religion believe them to be their messiah and a whole new crusade would begin? Will we try to develop alien technologies to just kill ourselves more efficiently?

What this all boils down to is that the human race requires a change. How long can we continue acting in the ways we do? I fear we will eventually destroy ourselves if we don't adapt, evolve or whatever you want to call it.

I do feel that our future lies amongst the stars, built upon global cooperation and an adoption of a scientific mentality, coupled with the realization that we better work together because its a big universe out there with a lot of unknowns.

See you among the stars

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Why Extraterrestrial contact can bring us back from the precipice of extinction...

Or perhaps bring on our extinction ...

We cannot assume that first contact would necessarily be a good thing

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

We cannot assume that first contact would necessarily be a good thing

True, but my post was coming from the context of saving us from ourselves. There was an inherent assumption that first contact was in the benefit of the human race.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I've always felt this way and I have wished to see this in my lifetime. As long as it is not a hostile race lol. The religion thing though could go a few different ways, as we know the Catholic Church welcomes alien life. Also depending on the alien race they could also have a belief system in a God, maybe one the reinforces our belief or maybe even have proof there is a God.
edit on 8/17/2013 by ashtonhz8907 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
They might not even care...

Just because they can do interstellar travel doesn't mean they are millions of years ahead of us, we might soon achieve interstellar travel the way technology is going.

If we discovered interstellar travel and found another planet had a look down there and they had wars going on and religion do you really think we'd go down with a V sign and say "hey aliens stop fighting live in peace"? no we would probably just leave them to it.

For all you know they might have been here already and thought f**k this s**t lets get outta here and check out that planet with the rings.

I really don't see aliens landing here and shooting daisies at us any time soon...

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

I understand that but I feel we cannot look out there for salvation as it may not be what we originally assume it to be , think the TV series V .
If we are to survive then it is for us the Human race to ensure that it happens , if we need an Alien race to come in and babysit us then I'm not sure we deserve to .

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Boy do you have that right. We don't deserve it. We can hope though they see something redeeming in our nature.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Interesting post. I tend to think some kind of alien intervention will come. Whether this is in a benevolent way, we will have to wait and see. Could it be that there is already communication going on with alien races at high government level. Are we being "prepared" for disclosure, just look at all the alien themed films coming out of Hollywood. Just a thought.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by skyeboy
I tend to think some kind of alien intervention will come.

Why would there be an alien intervention and why would they care about us?

Are we being "prepared" for disclosure, just look at all the alien themed films coming out of Hollywood. Just a thought.

In a way you are being prepared, it's rather being programmed for a false disclosure. Being programmed for a false life with false believes, just look at ALL the movies coming out of Hollywood. Movies aren't there to entertain you, they are there to program you.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by intergalactic fire

In a way you are being prepared, it's rather being programmed for a false disclosure.
Being programmed for a false life with false believes, just look at ALL the movies coming out of Hollywood

If that's the case why wasn't there a "false disclosure" in the 1950s , there were more Alien invasion movies then than there have been before or since .
I believe the reason for the many Alien movies then was a result of the cold war and peoples desire for escapism as it is today due to the financial crisis , Aliens and space travel films are always popular and easy to make.

edit on 17-8-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

They won't let it happen overnight. The more people believing the same thing the better the outcome will be.
If your neighbour also believes the same things you will know for sure you are sane.
It takes years and even decades( or even better a full generation, so your children will be familiar with it) to program a population.
If it will happen it will not be any good, it will be just like any other major crisis, so you'll have to turn ones again to your leaders in the governement to protect you, another crisis where you are helpless and can't to nothing about.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I can understand the feeling, that no real progress can be made without some external stimulus, some sort of world changing event or events, which lead us to question our barbarianism, our foolishness and our blindness in some matters, specifically those pertaining to the human spirit, and how to square that spirit with the order necessary to create civilisations in which to live.

However, I would argue that until we can work these things out for ourselves, until we can learn to re-balance our pigheaded warlike tendancies with the finer aspects of our humanity, to the point where every judgement made, is made justly, until the point where every law serves justice and not the law itself, until every government is near perfect, and fully under the thumb of its people, we simply do not deserve to advance.

Personally, I believe that the only route we ought to take to the stars, should be under our own, unprompted auspices. I believe that finding out for sure wether there is or is not life other than our own in the universe, before having to go and look for it ourselves, would be counter productive to the evolution of our species, and our technology as well. We humans do our best work when a problem is ongoing, and remains unsolved for a very long time. At one point, man looked up into the day time sky, and wondered what it would be like to fly in the air like a bird. When time came around that mankind managed to attain those lofty heights, it spawned bigger and better flying machines, until now, where we have aircraft that change shape mid flight to allow them to hover and land vertically.

When mankind stood on a shore, and realised that there was another shore in the distance, it prompted him to build rafts and canoes in order to reach more distant places. Further along in time came galleons, warships, cruise liners, and yachts, until now we have ocean going machines capable of delivering personel, planes, tanks, amphibious assault craft, and a whole range of other assets from one place on the planet to another.

Mankind once looked up at the stars... and of all the places mankind has set his gaze, other star systems are pretty much the last place left to us to actually visit, to learn about from first hand expirience. I honestly do not believe that humanity should be ALLOWED to visit other worlds, develop technology to make that possible, or even contemplate prolonged and long distance deep space flight, unless or until it develops philosophical and behavioral standards which would allow this species to get beyond our governments obsessions with making war, having military superiority over other nations, and developing technology whose sole purpose is to kill.

We just do not deserve the help right now, and we wont deserve either the help, or for that matter to be able to do it alone, until we cut out the cancerous filth from amongst us, prevent the governance of the many by the few. Until we have perfected our politics, our philosophy as a species, and learned to come together with one purpose and intent, we do not deserve to escape our own system, nor meet anyone from another.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
We have only one promise to save us from ourselves

Just say'in.

The task is prolly to big for the aliens.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
OP
I can't repost what I just posted to the other thread about how ETs would be "friendly" toward us. But now that I see your thread, I could have put it into your thread had I found it first.

Aliensun

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I always thought of the "ET's will save us" as an excuse for doing nothing, a different kind of "god will save us".

I think we should be the ones to do anything to save us from ourselves, although I don't think we need that, we just need to save us from a handful of people.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
OP,
Like others have said, they may not be friendly. Who knows what their motives are and if we can trust what they say. Hell, I dont even trust myself 100% because I've cheated on ex-girlfriends drunk on lust, have done stupid things drunk on alcohol that I don't even remember doing, and have been lied to by family members who I though I could trust. That's just humans. Now bring in some Aliens and they would have to prove to me that I can even begin to attempt to start to build even 1 percentage point of trust.

Regardless, humanity will only change its course with an increase of Spiritual awakening and higher IQ's. With the increase of those two, society will pull away from the nipple of big oil, big Gov, and societies will go into organic farming, solar, home schooling, an educational system tailored around the students strengths and interests, teaching spirituality, meditation, empathy, how the ego operates and how it corrupts individuals.

If Aliens showed up and gave us more tech, access to interdimensional travel, fusion power, etc...the same narcissist-psychopaths that run the world's governments, would simply take over all contact and access to them and continue enslaving the rest of the population, because it is in their corrupted nature to do so.

The revolution will be Spiritual. That's THE only way!!!!. t may even come with increased technology. Considering studies show that those who are advanced meditators and those experience God/Oneness/Transcendence/Selflessness have ares of the brain that light up, which are not found in those who don't experience these higher faculties, it could be said that once advanced Brain-Tech arrives on the scene that is able to light up the God-parts of the Brain, then you will have a large portion of the world's population become unified in Oneness and Spirituality, and they will be going up against the dying remnant of the Narcissist-PSychopaths....could even lead to WW III.

Aliens won't change crap, unless they give us Spirituality technology

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
There have been discussions of humanity coming together as one because of 'alien' intervention for decades. There was once an actor that brought up the topic at a meeting of the United Nations. (I still can't believe people took him seriously)

Just another Hollywood production, if ya ask me, as it has been since the inception of audio/video broadcasting.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I honestly believe everything an alien would have to say would go in one ear and out the other unless it had something to do with how to advance weapons of war or manipulate someones mind for control.

Anything that has to do with peace of the cosmos would all just be fake smiles and nods. Other then that the entire species is built on self destruction.

I really in my heart and soul believe that. And I can't wait until I'm proven right.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
The last time our records show mankind being visited by advanced beings - they were said to have brought to us the sciences and arts. But, they also brought and taught us other things. Slavery, racism, and other social diseases.

Yeah, I'll pass on superman. The mess they left last time is enough to clean up after.

Let us rise or fall by our own hand.

Cirque

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Well there is a very big problem with this. I am not sure this will play out, its been spoken of and even some whistle blowers talked about it over time and recently. That there are a billion ETs here already. That the US government and probably ALL governments have been taken over and some replaced along with media, stars, actors, muscicians.

One thing I have to note, is that due to both my experiences, some contacts which I won't share, and my friends contact here, have to concur there are ETS here amongst us. But, if they were benevolents, things would not be getting worse. And they are.

Fukushima. BP. GMO. This.

The NASA War Document (Your Silence Is Your Permission)

Now, things are getting worse and long term plans of enslaving, reducing and diminishing humanity is coming to the fore, with a certain group of ETs involvement.

Then we have Blue Beam and alot of fear tactics with ETs, which I believe is to try and put us off any interence from the True Good Guys.

So, what has been said is, that soon, they will come out in the open and people in the midst of disasters will accept their slavery and fascism for survival and solutions.

I suppose you could say we need aliens for surival, but I would disagree. At least, the group they want us to accept.

My only happy happy thought in all of this is, that the very minute the Negatives do anything overtly, much higher techological, positive beings have choices on how and when to interfere, because the students in the school, taking the test, would just have been handed some major answers, invalidating the whole purpose behind non interference overall, but giving and doing what needs doing as we wake and give to others, ie its an interactive school. The more we give, the more we receive.

Anyway, I hope they're foolish enough to disclose and not just do the bad things without telling us.

But i really can't see them ever disclosing for they know that means anyone can come in.
edit on 17-8-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join