It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Contact - Why the human race needs it for its very survival.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erno86
With actual visual sighting's of alien starships in our atmosphere...space alien contact has already been made. Some people will deny the certainty with steadfast denial, others will be clueless, due to the lack of news reports in countries that lack electronic communications; along with political/religious cover ups that are the current rage.

Besides the speculation that the otherworlders are possibly interested in our human activities, such as our interest in relation to nuclear/bio technological warfare research. Which makes me realize that alien starship sightings...bring promise to the human race --- that superluminal [faster than light speeds] technology ---- can be achieved by civilizations that strive too reach for the ability of interstellar space travel.

This very reason, could propel some of our civilizations to strive too achieve the same kind of interstellar starship technology, that the otherworlders possess.

Now this I agree with. I believe they are there, and I think we've never been alone. However, I don't think it's just one race either. I don't harbor illusions as to them being malevolent or benevelonent, I instead imagine that if I'm lucky or unlucky enough, I'll witness that paradigm altering event.

But I'd like for the first contact to be because we made it and we are ready to join the galatic community. Not because they had to come down here and school us on how to behave toward each other! Really think about it. Do you thin an alien race coming down here to tell us how to live is going to fly, with the majority of everyday Earth citizens? We are a passionate, determined race - and let me tell you. We're not going to tolerate a babysitter alien race passing judgement over our own race or world. It would end badly.

So they wait, for our baby race to learn to work it out, with fingers crossed that we don't blow ourselves to smitherine once again. But with all the nuclear reactors waiting for the next earthquake, extreminism one cultures determination on how the rest of the world should live, and ourselves consuming and destroying natural resources for the growth of solely human expansion - makes things look grim. I'm sure that if the races are fortunate enough to possess individual consciousness, and have a sense of humour, are hedging their bets whether we pull it out our butts and make it to the stars this time, or we go boom. But its really up in the air right now. And it's up to us, as it should be.

Now, I look at things from a different perspective, so try to bare with me. Let's assume, after Atlantis, and the resulting flood - that one of these advanced beings that watches over Earth, goes down, and helps mankind recover. Some go over to Western Europe, some to the Middle East, Asia everywhere. Now I study broad areas of culture, philosophy... What I've found is, they ruled over us. Taught us once again government, astronomy, math, language, agriculture. Now across all cultures, it doesn't matter what ancient culture you look to. They were not, us. These beings that brought us this knowledge. So time goes on, and all manner of genetic tinkering, hybridization, cross-species liaisons, chimeras, pegasus, all sorts of things outside the natural evolution of the planet going on. Not only that, but now the advanced beings were beginning to quarrel amongst themselves, and use entire cities of humans to fight in their conflicts with one another. Introducing war and conflict. We were already subjects under them, so slavery is also already a concept introduced to us by them.

So finally, one of the other advanced entities, aliens up in space, the heavens finally said enough is enough. Vacate the planet now with all alien tech now, though a few anomolies remain, and are hidden, I suspect. Those they couldn't hide such as the pyramids, maps hidden, uncovered hidden texts - they call mysteries or declare fiction. There is more, but the story of it, the next chapter of the story is best told by the abrahamic theologies. War in heaven over the morality of what these aliens were doing, and all that. Them hiding into the earth so they weren't forced to leave. In enters Now. We just ignore it and call it myths and stories and allow those who were elected to power when the aliens left - to remain in power - divine right of kings, elite and all.

That's how I see it currently, and I agree, it's only my opinion and I could very well be wrong. But I don't think I am.

Cirque
edit on 18-8-2013 by CirqueDeTruth because: corrections' added thought

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Because the Aliens weren't very successful in their experiments with apes, it doesn't mean they are failures elsewhere in our galaxy or universe. If indeed they were experimenting with apes or other forms of life here on Earth, surely it's possible they could have been doing the same with the most intelligent of the primitive life on other young worlds. The could have known different levels of success on other worlds, with ourselves perhaps being their only failure, or at least one of the worst.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Bkrmn

That's true, I was thinking about the "Aliens as god(s)" version.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I have no doubt that whichever Alien race it is, they will be showing up again real soon, and since there is nothing we'll be able to do about it, let's hope their intentions are good and they will be here to help us straighten out the mess the planet is in. A good start would be to first get rid of the corrupt who control our daily lives, then onto the rejuvenation of the planet.
There is so much we can learn from an advanced race, as long as the human race is willing to listen and finally admit that maybe we are not the sharpest knives in the drawer, after all. Even if they only gifted us with one thing, and that one thing is 'free energy'

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

We have a hard enough time understanding and dealing with cultures on our border and within our own borders. Why would and utterly alien culture help at all? They more than likely would be so different culture wise they probably would not know where to start and if they did would we even comprehend it?

We need to fix our own mess, that is what the human experience is all ab out. The world has rejected moral teaching because it is too hard to live by in our entertainment please seeking society. Because we rejected religious teachings and the moral com[ass it imparted we have become A-moral.

We may need divine intervention but we do not need another imperfect yet alien culture to further confuse us.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Bkrmn

How did you come to the conclusion that an alien race tampered with Ape DNA to make humans? There is not a link between these two species. We are the human animal and they are the ape animal. They look about as much alike as dogs and bear.

This alien worship is just over the top.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   
The aliens want every one dead.

"a ghost army"

Aerion, The Chronicles of Riddick.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by CatherineWheel
The aliens want every one dead.

If that were true, then they could have easily done so by now. What are they waiting for?

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
The human race is doomed anyway, but not because we're bad or evil or have done something wrong. It's because we're prolific and smart and have figured out a lot of things that our animal natures just can't adapt to. It won't be long until we have smart machines we created vying with us for limited resources. Hopefully they'll figure out the best place for themselves is the open reaches of space, someplace we can't go, before they drain us dry. Otherwise, we're going to be fiddling with our own DNA very soon, and we'll either artificially evolve into something else, or we'll figure out a way where were don't have to reproduce.

Either way, we're doomed. "Aliens" are not going to help us. If anything they'll just make those things happen faster.

edit on 20-8-2013 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Good Point.
But is some evil people Used this idea.
they could get the world to fall for the biggest con ever.

if a fake alien leader landed at the UN (usa could do it)
they could meet the world leaders
and give them technology to make life better.
( usa has lots of this!)

then the world would follow their worlds and do what they say.
they then get humans in to positions of power.
and after 10 years rule the world.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join