It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Seriously Good Updates on the Death of Reporter Michael Hastings

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by fenson76

I couldn't help but to notice that your ignorance precedes you.

In fact the car was tested by those in control of the investigation. The Proof is in the fact that it hasn't been upgraded to a homicide. So, regardless of the car being held by those "Investigators", the fact remains that any testing has already been done.

Seems ignorant to say that it's not something when you can't prove either way

While you are mentioning that, make sure you let everyone else know too.

The problem is that Nearly Everyone believes that this was Murder when there is absolutely No Proof At All to substantiate those claims.

There is in fact more evidence to support that this was just an "Accident"

To speculate an say that this was a murder because he wrote emails, was under investigation, was going off of the radar, and that his car exploded is an absolute act of retardation.

Maybe you should re-evaluate what you really believe happened, but, go by the facts and Not speculation.

edit on 17-8-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
These types of threads are arguably the most important here on ATS or elsewhere.

It is very easy for these stories to go down the memory hole so it is nice to see vigilant people keeping it in the forefront.

Sadly though, even if there was a smoking gun that ___ agency was directly responisble for ____ death. nothing would ultimately come from it except maybe the CIA head stepping down. Even that would be highly unlikely.

It's simply more of the same.

So unless it's good for people like you or me to keep a running list of the nonesense we can't stop, great, but if you are expecting accountability then I suggest you take a number and get in line.

R.I.P. Michael Hastings,

R.I.P. Vincent Foster:

The White House is the most secure private residence in the world, equipped with a sophisticated entry control system and video surveillance system installed by the Mitre Corporation. Yet no record exists that Vincent Foster left the White House under his own power on July 20th, 1993. No video of him exiting the building exists. No logbook entry shows he checked out of the White House.

whatreallyhappened.com...

R.I.P. Timothy Hampton

CTBTO staff monitor tremors in countries worldwide to uncover illegal nuclear tests. It has been suggested that Mr Hampton may have been involved in talks discussing nuclear testing in Iran. The UN has strongly denied the claims.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

R.I.P. Dr. David Kelley:

Shrugging off the risks, he told Pederson he couldn't abandon his mission, but that he expected to be found dead in the woods near his home in Oxfordshire, rather than in Iraq.

It was a claim he repeated to other close friends. It turned out to be a chillingly accurate prediction.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by flossy666
reply to post by MRuss

I subscribe to Rolling Stone. They had a story about Michael Hastings in last week's issue. I believe it was a family member that they asked if they thought the death was suspicious and this person said no.

May I ask you a question?

If Michael Hastings had been your big brother and you already had a wife and child....let's throw in a couple of eldery parents who have limited independence....would you answer that question with a "yes"?

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by six67seven

Originally posted by MRuss
Here's an interesting youtube vid.

I concur with this Loudlabs video. The engine is the key piece of evidence and the video does a good job actually explaining how the engine could end up so far away. Mercedes can't even explain it.

Explosives definitely used.

No drone was used though, imo.

Back in 1979, my girlfriend was a passenger in the front seat of a Datsun (Nissan) 200SX - 4 speed stick.

She was on the George Washington Parkway at 3AM and her car was clipped in the rear by a passing....speeding intoxicated driver.

The median near the Chain Bridge Road exit is about 90 feet wide.

By her car hitting something...possibly a tree or stone retaining wall, the front wheels and the engine were found on the other side of the Parkway, blocking a lane of traffic going toward DC.

Her feet were resting a grass as she was still strapped in the seat.

She survived and she's a mother of 3 beautiful adult children. Mine.

Something could have struck the front of that car....pulse weapon perhaps? Plasma?

Doesn't have to be explosives in a chemical sense.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by robobbob
would someone please review and comment.
It is a given fact that the engine was found 140 feet +/- (46.66 m) from the point of impact.
assuming that the engine had an initial height of (1) meter. (a little generous)
it follows:

dX = 1/2 at^2
1m = 1/2 (9.81 m/s) t^2
2m = (9.81 m/s) t^2
2m/9.81 m/s = t^2
0.2038735 s = t^2
t = .45 s

vt=d
v = (.45s) (46.66m)
v = 94.82 m/s = 205 miles/hr +/-

where did I mess up?
of course this doesn't take in account sliding and drag factors. the engine would have had an elastic ground impact and slid to its final resting place. the tree placement makes visualizing it a little problematic for me.

how about this instead?
per the link: "....A University professor told San Diego 6 News that calculating the speed of Hastings car follows a simple mathematic equation. By using the video and the distance traveled (195 feet) as well as the seconds that lapsed prior to the explosion – the car was traveling roughly 35 mph."

35miles/hr = 16.18 m/s = (16.18 m/s)(.45s) = 7.2 m = 23.88 feet to the engine's initial point of impact. then slid the remaining 120 feet and over a curb? doesn't sound right. any accident investigators out there?
edit on 17-8-2013 by robobbob because: additional support information

I'm guessing you're doing a projection motion calculation. I think you need to factor in a launch angle, due to explosives being placed underneath the drivers foot-rest. That would blow the engine out diagonally. If there was a build up of fuel vapor inside the engine compartment and that ignited, that could blow the engine out and it would only take a small amount of explosive to cut a fuel line, the carburettor, or maybe rev up the fuel pump.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by stormcell

I'm seeing if physical laws of motion can explain the engine's location. If not, then it must have had external help getting there.
In fairness, to add to my other post. The 35mph is critical evidence. It must be confirmed, which at this point it isn't.
IF it is true, then at a 0* angle of launch the engine could only have flown about 23ft before initial impact. IF the engine ejected at the absolute optimal angle around 42* it might have flown 83ft before first impact. neither one would support it rolling and sliding to 140ft.
If the car was traveling at 100mph, then the engine tells us nothing.

Anyone have info on evidence proving where the initial impact mark is?

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

thanks for the info, but critically, how much TIME elapsed to travel that distance?

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by robobbob
reply to post by WanDash

thanks for the info, but critically, how much TIME elapsed to travel that distance?

I have clocked it to include the first frame that the Mercedes is in a screen-shot, to the first light of explosion (at the tree)...at 2.375 seconds (give or take anywhere from 1/7th to 1/11th of a second).
From 1st frame (Mercedes on screen) to hitting the metal utility cover - 1.125 to 1.25 seconds (again - give or take 1/7th to 1/11th of a second).
Reason for the wide margin of "give or take" - not knowing the frames per second (fps) rate of the security camera. It seems to clock at 7-8 frames per second...but there are a number of anomalous frames where the vehicle progress (forward) is nil...the screen timer does not advance as normal...and there are other variations between consecutive screen-shots that seem to classify it as "another capture".
In my estimation - this puts the Mercedes travelling the first 223' (+/-) at 120+ mph...the next 25' (+/-) within 1 frame (1/7th to 1/11th of a second)...and the remaining "activity" before first light of explosion at 1.46667 (+/-) seconds.
edit on 8/17/2013 by WanDash because: o and e

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I think this is just like Breitbart. It was covered a short while then disappeared. I have no doubt he was murdered based on the accident scene, the fact Mercedes don't blow up like that, it's proven you can hack the cars to do all kinds of crazy things and the man's reputation of driving like a little old lady.

Plus there are his comments about his safety and being followed.

It won't matter. The media whores will do their job and the death of Hastings will go unanswered. I am glad I believe in God because all things are answered for eventually.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

Lots of dead scientists as well:

LINK

Then there are the truthers like William Cooper, Phil Schneider and others.

How about the DC Madam who swore she would never kill herself but did not reveal who her John's were. Her secrets died with her.

Does anyone care? Nope, cause it's all distraction 24/7 and truth doesn't matter and who wants to be called a tin hat wearing conspiracy nut?

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

These two guys were very vocal about the activities of the Nwo, to a point where they themselves sounded like radicals.

The Nwo doesn't want to many free radicals running around in its system, its not good for the blood chemistry.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

These two guys were very vocal about the activities of the Nwo, to a point where they themselves sounded like radicals.

The Nwo doesn't want to many free radicals running around in its system, its not good for the blood chemistry.

yeh, as opposed to the approved radicals like AJ and Beck.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

or Unified Serenity.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   

or Unified Serenity.

I am a free thinker, but not an elite approved one most definitely.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Since ATS is going forward with this (and rightfully so) I just want to you guys to remember that this whole thing (if it has been orchestrated by CIA) has been designed so that anybody who chases it looks crazy.

I think the easiest way to get people's attention is to point out the way the media reacted. The fact it's even asking whether or not it was a "suspicious death" is strange.

Good luck ATS.
edit on 18-8-2013 by LoveFurther because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   

There is kinship with the illuminati where we least not expect it.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   

There is kinship with the illuminati where we least not expect it.

What exactly is your point AS? I don't like head games, and you seem to like to troll my comments, so spit it out.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum
reply to post by fenson76

I couldn't help but to notice that your ignorance precedes you.

In fact the car was tested by those in control of the investigation. The Proof is in the fact that it hasn't been upgraded to a homicide. So, regardless of the car being held by those "Investigators", the fact remains that any testing has already been done.

Seems ignorant to say that it's not something when you can't prove either way

While you are mentioning that, make sure you let everyone else know too.

The problem is that Nearly Everyone believes that this was Murder when there is absolutely No Proof At All to substantiate those claims.

There is in fact more evidence to support that this was just an "Accident"

To speculate an say that this was a murder because he wrote emails, was under investigation, was going off of the radar, and that his car exploded is an absolute act of retardation.

Maybe you should re-evaluate what you really believe happened, but, go by the facts and Not speculation.

edit on 17-8-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

See, here's the thing, this doesn't solve the "car exploded before it hit the tree" thing going on in this topic.

You assume that if the CIA actually did blow up his car they'd be using something that would have left evidence of that (crater, etc) But of course, if the CIA DID blow it up (hypothetically) they wouldn't want to use something that would leave evidence, would they?

So what would they use? Anybody who knows anything about the CIA during the Cold War knows they got incredibly inventive and intuitive with their hidden technologies. We have no idea what they cold have used. But if they DID do this, it makes sense they'd use their magic-like tech nobody can explain or identify. (For that is the whole point of secret technology.)

So no, there being a lack of evidence of "explosives" on a vehicle does not convince me that it's impossible it was an assassination, in fact that's more or less what you'd have to expect if it WAS a CIA hit.

And journalists have a track record that draws one to think, cases that are way better supported than this one (don't know any, because it was a long time ago that I read them, and I ask people not to try and find them because I don't want this derailing the current direction of the thread.)

Oh, and he went off the radar? Didn't know that. Do you know why?

Oh, and here's the thing about researching possible CIA assassinations; if they actually happened, then it's logical to assume that the CIA tries to make those investigating it look as stupid as possible. This is the liberty one must take when doing such a task - there really is no other way to go about it, and that might not be inherently our own fault.

It wouldn't suprise me, for example, if they exploded the car 2 seconds early on purpose just to make everyone here notice so as to make skeptics roll their eyes and say, "You really think they'd be that sloppy with the explosive timer?" and make the ATS members look stupid. No, I don't think with the CIA (hypothetically speaking) there's EVER an accident. I think, if it happened, they'd pull stuff like this to make ATS member's claims all the more unbelievable. Hiding in plain sight taken to the next level.

If the CIA did this and wanted to cover it up, this is the most logical way in which it would do so. It's a way of using the skeptics here in their favour. Completely unprovable, undoubtedly makes me "look" more stupid (as per design) but a possibility. I don't think there's any way to denounce this without saying "it just sounds so elaborately stupid" which of course would be the entire point.

edit on 18-8-2013 by LoveFurther because: few more points to add

edit on 18-8-2013 by LoveFurther because: adding more points

edit on 18-8-2013 by LoveFurther because: last point added

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   

What exactly is your point AS? I don't like head games, and you seem to like to troll my comments, so spit it out.

My impression from reading your threads is you are a illuminati messenger.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   

My impression from reading your threads is you are a illuminati messenger.

Well, you are entitled to your opinion, but I was not aware of the illuminati wanting people to embrace the truths of the bible, accept Yeshua ha Mashiach as their Lord and Savior and not following the theory of evolution, the RCC, or new age religions. But, if that is what you believe the Illuminati is all for then that's your right.

I think you just don't like me and want to push a button or two, which really is pretty sad.

Have a nice night.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join