It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What part of the mammal do you eat?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
If you're pressed on time, what part of he meat is the healthiest to eat? What is the most nutritious to eat?

I started my research on this question and realized it would take more than a few google searches to figure it out. So I was hoping someone here may know something.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
For vitamins and minerals, the liver. For elastin binding proteins, the heart. Depending on what you want to accomplish, that is what meat you choose. Depending on where the meat is taken from, there are way different makeups of the meats.
edit on 15-8-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Sadly the good part is the organs.. and they are not really that tasteful.. on the other hand, the least benefit are the meat that we normally eat.

Brain, Blood, Liver are a good source of necessary elements.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
none i do not eat fellow mammals i just eat chicken that has not been fed on gmo or fish you cannot trust the food that we are getting donkey and horse burgers
or burgers from miccy ds that do not go mouldy after 10+ years

i do not eat anything unless i grow it or know where it came from

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by geobro
none i do not eat fellow mammals i just eat chicken that has not been fed on gmo or fish you cannot trust the food that we are getting donkey and horse burgers

Much respect to you.

So you eat chicken. But won't eat donkey or horse? Sounds like a hypocrite... or prejudice.

Say you're about die, in front of you is a plate of baby seal. Do you eat it?

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

i do not eat donkey or horse or beef /pork /lamb and in a shtf situation i would not eat a seal i would take off my shoes and go walk on the grass and live on light .

i went 30 days without eating for a bet and won 1 english pound but felt ok never starved to death or lost weight

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
The tongue first and then the cheeks...Liver and heart next along with the testicles.The rest is smoked or dried.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
what you can do is preserve the meat using salt or else by dehydrating it over some hot coals.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
The blood for iron and salt if no salt source is available. Marrow for iron and fat. Fat is really important because you will die if you eat an extremely lean diet, like rabbit, for a long time. Don't waste any of the animal if possible.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Although dog is man's best and oldest friend, the chicken is man's oldest and tastiest friend.

I thought I'd say that I only eat game animals, nothing near the top of the food chain, because of principal and due the accumulation of environmental toxins.

ETA: Never eat an animal that was sick or any dead animal you didn't kill or trap yourself.
edit on 16-8-2013 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Last comment

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Fish eyes contain lots of vitamins and minerals and essential oils, as does fish liver.

Especially high in Vit E.

Not too keen on eating brain though, too many animals can have damaging viral / bacteriological brain diseases that can affect Humans. (BSE in cows for example)

It's quite difficult for a viral infection to jump the species barrier, but i wouldn't want to eat a diseased brain regardless of nutrients if the animal was infected.

Blood is rich in vitamins and minerals, and can be cooked into soups, stews that sort of thing.

One of the most overlooked, but nutricious foods, especially high in protien is the common Earthworm.

Very easy to 'hunt' too!

These can be eaten raw, right out of the ground, though one of the better ways is to collect a lot of them, dry them out on a hot rock from the fire and grind them into a powder. The powder can thn be made into soups and stews along with roots and other vegetation.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I eat the insides. The outside gets tanned.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

reply to post by Mugen

i do not eat donkey or horse or beef /pork /lamb and in a shtf situation i would not eat a seal i would take off my shoes and go walk on the grass and live on light .

i went 30 days without eating for a bet and won 1 english pound but felt ok never starved to death or lost weight

Maybe you should channel your inner vibrations and become a full blownBreatha rian!

Good luck with those Air Sandwiches!

edit on 16-8-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by MichiganSwampBuck
The blood for iron and salt if no salt source is available. Marrow for iron and fat. Fat is really important because you will die if you eat an extremely lean diet, like rabbit, for a long time. Don't waste any of the animal if possible.

If you can only get rabbits you shoud eat their brains and liver too, cause they do contain more fats, at least that's what I hear.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Sorry, but unless I'm starving, I don't eat "motors" (organs)....

Now, if starving, sure...but not my first choice.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I fell I am about to reinforce all of those Jed Clampett stereotypes of southerners and hill folk... but yes, I eat organs, brains, stomachs, livers, intestines, etc.

Around here, we say you can eat everything off the pig except the squeel.

We kill hogs around Christmas most years and we usually cook and taste the sausage at lunch to make sure it is seasoned right... enough pepper and not too much sage.

Then for supper we have " hog hashlet"... the heart, liver, lungs, and sweet breads chunked and cooked into a hash with lots of onions, red pepper, sage, served with fried corn bread and sweet potatoes.

Of course there is the "chittlins' or chitterlings or pig intestines... cleaned, boiled, and fried... not for the weak.

Oh... and brains and eggs. Pork brains fried and scrambled with eggs... the leftovers make a good sandwich for lunch with white loaf bread and mayo.

My favorite is BBQ back bone... boiled and then baked and immersed in a sweet,hot ketchup BBQ sauce like ribs... processed meat done at home always leaves more meat on the bones and thus ribs, backbone, riblets make a good meal.

Chicken livers and gizzards... fried or BBQed are a southern favorite. One of our favorites served at our family reunion is a "country slow down"... chicken necks, livers, gizzards boiled till tender and then a little flour turns the broth into a velvety gravy served on rice or bisquits... heaven on earth, brother.

Then there is fried fish roe served with scrambled eggs.

Oh, almost forgot the Tom Thumb.... a pig stomach stuffed with sausage and tied closed and baked.

Souse meat anybody... ? Pickled squares of pork from the pig's head... gelatined meat from the jowl, snout, and ears seasoned with hot pepper and pickled in vinegar... sliced thin and served with crackers. you haven't lived till you open up the pot and see a pig's head floating in boiling broth.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   
the ball sack

top topics

join