It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare is coming, and so are the con artists

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

As the debate rages over who benefits from the Affordable Care Act, one thing is becoming clear: The controversial program is a dream come true for rip-off artists.

Yes Obama and the Democrats who passed this are quite happy with it.

Consumer experts warn that the program has created a huge opportunity for swindling people by stealing their money and their sensitive personal information.

Yep the government sure does get to swindle more money from the middle class under the false pretense of they 'care'.

Oh they meant other con artist's.

"Any time you roll out a big government program like this, confusion is inevitable," said Lois Greisman, an associate director in the Bureau of Consumer Protection at the Federal Trade Commission. "This confusion creates a tremendous opportunity for the fraudster."

Obama created the Consumer 'protection' Bureau too courtsey of Frank.Dodd Act of 2010.

Obamacare con artist's

Well considering Obama care was brought to us courtsey of con artists to begin with seems only natural other con artists would join in on the con.

Related to this thread to see just how much risk you are:

This spring, House Oversight and Government Reform Committee lawyers were also told by HHS that, despite the fact that navigators will have access to sensitive data such as Social Security numbers and tax returns, there will be no criminal background checks required for them. Indeed, they won’t even have to have high-school diplomas. Both U.S. Census Bureau and IRS employees must meet those minimum standards, if only because no one wants someone who has been convicted of identity theft getting near Americans’ personal records. But HHS is unconcerned.

Look ma No background checks !

If this is the sum of what 'good' government is I hate to see what 'bad' government is.

Bunch of dirty rotten scoundrels the entire lot of them from Capitol Hill down to your soon to be 'healthcare' provider.

From the get go Obamacare has been a con quite the shame so many people even after everything that has come to light still think he 'cares'.

I wonder how much identity theft will be coming down the road.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

"Any time you roll out a big government program like this, confusion is inevitable," said Lois Greisman, an associate director in the Bureau of Consumer Protection at the Federal Trade Commission. "This confusion creates a tremendous opportunity for the fraudster."

Ms. Greisman has obviously polished her pearls of wisdom !!

I am breath-taken.

Now I want to hear from her about what steps they have taken to prevent this fraud.

I won't hold my breath

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Consumer experts warn that the program has created a huge opportunity for swindling people by stealing their money and their sensitive personal information.

Wait a second! Are you telling me that there are people out there that try to swindle you out of personal informationa and steal your money???

Thanks Neo!...I have to call a Prince in Nigeria back right now!!
edit on 15-8-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Wait a second! Are you telling me that there are people out there that try to swindle you out of personal informationa and steal your money???

Yep, see Obama and those congressman who passed the Care Act.

Have a nice day.
edit on 15-8-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Trusted government officials are telling you.

You should have listened to your Mother.

What can we do about this revelation ?

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Ms. Greisman has obviously polished her pearls of wisdom !!

I am breath-taken.

Now I want to hear from her about what steps they have taken to prevent this fraud.

I won't hold my breath

I do believe this current administration stays in a state of confusion.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

there will be no criminal background checks required for them. Indeed, they won’t even have to have high-school diplomas.

Well of course we need to provide employment opportunities to those 11 million new citizens they're trying to cram down our throats.

Every single Congressman/women who voted yes to this "we must pass it to read it" fiasco should be ridden out of town on a rail and then tarred and feathered.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Yes Obamacare is coming but the con artists have been here all along. The con artists are called insurance companies.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Yes Obamacare is coming but the con artists have been here all along. The con artists are called insurance companies.

Do so love that corporate vilification the go to defense of corrupt politicians because we all know they are never responsible for anything they do.

Right?

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I would say the [con]gress allow the insurance companies to be con artists no?

Its congress that passes the bills that protect and create monopolies in the health industry and we all know what monopolies do, Hint hint, jack up prices, reduce competition, and later bring about shortages.

This is all no brainer stuff yet people have a hard time understanding that government is the Ultimate monopoly. One that you can never escape under threat of penalty and jail time.
edit on 15-8-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Do so love that corporate vilification the go to defense of corrupt politicians because we all know they are never responsible for anything they do.

Right?

I never said anything about defending congress only that the insurance companies are scams. Nice to see the big business shill still doing his job.
edit on 15-8-2013 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

The President of the United States has mentioned on more than one occasion that insurance companies are our friends.

And that we should rely on their judgement as well as his.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

I never said anything about defending congress only that the insurance companies are scams. Nice to see the big business shill still doing his job

It was a nice scam considering private healthcare WAS paying for all medical expense cheaper than what Obama care has brought forth.

Who cares thought right ?

Now people are forced to buy a corporate product ! !

Ain't that great ?

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Right?

I never said anything about defending congress only that the insurance companies are scams. Nice to see the big business shill still doing his job.
edit on 15-8-2013 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

again, who protects big business with loop holes and tax havens via law? Government. And if by chance these “loop holes” were made by accident, and I doubt that, government sure has a hard time closing them. Who protects big business the most? GOVERNMENT.

Who bails out TO BIG TO FAIL? Government! Government is for big business.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

edit on 15-8-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

no no....this has ONLY started with Obamacare. Before that, there were no con artists in the entire Universe.

Thanks Obama!

/sarcasm (I feel the need to add this tag...because some of the stuff I have read on hear is just WOW).

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

The President of the United States has mentioned on more than one occasion that insurance companies are our friends.

And that we should rely on their judgement as well as his.

Insurance companies spend the second most amount of money lobbying DC. Anyone that spends money in DC is a politicians friend.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

And there in lies the problem

its all a scam to line each others pockets as the people suffer under there debts they create

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Insurance companies spend the second most amount of money lobbying DC. Anyone that spends money in DC is a politicians friend.

But the PPACA demands that insurance companies spend 80% of premiums on healthcare expenditures.

It's the law, and they MUST refund the extra money back to the people.

How will they ever to be able to continue the Lobby ?

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

These companies get what they pay for. Yes they are the blame for the laws and loop holes but the government isn't running their companies for them are they? These companies are the ones ripping off the public they are the blame.

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

This is why lobbying in DC should be banned.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join