It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Follow The Money...Or Lack Thereof

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
This is a very interesting turn of events (news article below). What word comes to my mind...'hypocrites'...yes, that may do - for now.

The move is designed to decrease government spending on the US prison system, which incarcerates around 25 per cent of the world’s prisoners.

www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

A charge of conspiring to sell 5kg of coc aine, for example, carries a mandatory minimum sentence of 10 years. If prosecutors fail to mention the size of the haul, however, judges will be free to mete out lesser sentences.

If prosecutors fail to mention?????

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
The government recently got caught flying coc aine into the country on an air force cargo plane.

Ooops!

So, they'll just change the laws! Brilliant!

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

Its happening......they are pushing for decriminalization of certain schedule one drugs. They are more headaches and major cost associated with petty criminals then is worth it. The war on drugs failed along time ago.
I dont even think certain drugs like marijuana should be a criminal offense.

This kind of side steps the current laws IMO. No mention of quantity will save a lot of people jail time and fines.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
The government recently got caught flying coc aine into the country on an air force cargo plane.

Ooops!

The drug of choice of the rich and famous, I hear.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by InTheLight

Ooops!

Not anymore. It was being promoted that way around the time when it was coming into Mena, Arkansas by cargo plane loads. Now it has kind of fallen from favor. Maybe that Air Force plane was assisting in the Drug War in much the same manner as the Gas Wars of the 50's and 60's when prices were slashed by the petro companies to entice you to purchase and use more of their product.

edit on 13-8-2013 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro

Originally posted by InTheLight

Ooops!

Not anymore. It was being promoted that way around the time when it was coming into Mena, Arkansas by cargo plane loads. Now it has kind of fallen from favor. Maybe that Air Force plane was assisting in the Drug War in much the same manner as the Gas Wars of the 50's and 60's when prices were slashed by the petro companies to entice you to purchase and use more of their product.

edit on 13-8-2013 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

Indeed, make way for the new buzz - that won't get you in jail.

www.dailymail.co.uk... aine-deadlier-drug-ketamine-horse-tranquillisers-used-inj ured-soldiers-Vietnam.html

new topics

top topics

join