It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astronauts Never Flew Out Of Space

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Uh-oh. Trolling alert. I think it best be served to wish the OP well, and watch this thread die a natural death. No one but the OP is gonna win this one. No matter what we try to get across.

"A closed mind...never gets any fresh air".

PS A pizza is round too...but can have corners when its square. I win that one....moving along now>>>>>>>>>

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by 2WitnessesArrived

The Earth is not a sphere, it is not flat - it is a very, very fat tetrahedron. Being so, it has four locations which are higher above the mean surface datum than the rest of the planet. By most standards, it is round. Every planet, and most moons are round, why not the Earth? Do not mistake colloquial language for reality.

The moon is made up of reflective rocks. Think of it as a stone mirror, reflecting the light of the Sun. That is what makes it a lesser light - it's light is reflected, not direct, and therefore less bright, for it is a fairly poor mirror.

If you think I am just another scoffer and/or skeptic, take a look at my sig.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Collaborative writing forum?

Just a suggestion

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
OP may I offer a musical interlude ?

Have you been spending time here ?

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
you're either a time traveling medieval naive or a trololol. Funny

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2WitnessesArrived
reply to post by boymonkey74

People have been deceived to thinking that it isn't, with as much technological innovations as it is today it can be very easy to create false videos showing a round shape Earth, do you have any proof to your claim other than images and videos from a lying government. Also the moon sheds its on light at night not the Sun shining from behind the moon because the Bible states that God created 2 great lights which one was the moon which is the lesser light and the other the Sun which is the greater light.

Yup, the worlds most powerful and technologically advanced countries got bored one day, met up, and formed a big plan to fool people into thinking that the world is spherical that way they will never know the true profound absolutely mind boggling truth, that the world is square!!! MUHUHAHAHA!

SPEAKING of evidence, it is obvious that your form of such is far more substantial than 'our lying government's'.. I mean after all you do have a book that was written by tons of different people over the span of thousands of years, augmented to fit the times' political likings, edited/changed 100000 times, and having quite a bit even banned from the entire book completely..

edit on 13-8-2013 by TheIceQueen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

I often engage in people with views like yourself. Many times I ask them several questions but if I do so all at once sometimes they don't answer. So, if it is alright with you I'll start with just one.

What is the source of knowledge for man?

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2WitnessesArrived
reply to post by Maxatoria

Don't drink,smoke, nor eat meat. So therefore I am not consuming an animal which man have dominion over and becoming something lesser than a man, because you are what you eat literally.

You have been eating many nuts, have you not? Pistachio? Walnuts? Chinuts perhaps....

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jtrenthacker

I watched that video, and noticed that the horizon, once the rig reached altitude, was not consistently curved. It varied from convex, to straight, to concave. What's up with that? The OP will watch that, and say, "See? The Earth is NOT round!"

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
While the Earth doesn't have 4 literal corners**, it does have what is known as the "4 Quarters",
which some, like the authors of the Book of Isaiah, confusingly called the 4 Corners.

Giorgio de Santillana and Hertha von Dechend explained it best that these quarters are marked by
the four points of the year:

- Spring Equinox
- Summer Solstice
- Autumn Equinox
- Winter Soltice

(**even if the Earth were flat and square, as a three-dimensional object it would still have 8 corners and six sides)

Question(s) for the OP. How does gravity work on a flat surface? How do we maintain our oceans, or manage international flights moving both East and Westwardly on a flat world?

edit on 13-8-2013 by Garkiniss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Which of the 20,000 version of the 2000 year old mistranslated book do you use to come up with this?

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Here is Some insight on why the earth is Round. 10 reasons to ponder on.www.smarterthanthat.com... ow-the-earth-is-not-flat/

I hope this helps you. But I will assume you dont really want to see proof because you think you have the answers already. Good luck.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I am just now reading in my bible and it states only two things:

(1) Look up Kant's "moral imperative", 'nuff said.
(2) I am not up-to-date with modern science. Take my texts with a grain of salt.

Thats all.

Learn from this and stop quoting your bible.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   
somebody is starring his comments...my God...

there are more than one of these around....

If there are any Gods listening...please...save this poor soul.

edit:

since this is under ludicrous online lies...I'm guessing it's a prank.

But...please OP...don't even joke about these things. Joke or no joke...makes you look daft...
edit on 14-8-2013 by MarioOnTheFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
what meds is the op on? wish i had some pmsl
what a load of utter garbage i have heard in my life.....

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   

"Ludicrous Online Lies: All threads in this forum are based on utter falsehoods that require you to ignore reality, proof and logic. These topics require the use of smoke and mirrors because they have no basis in fact and should be viewed as the essence of ignorance."

While I truly believe this is simply an effort to fire up the guns on both sides of the argument or simply be a great demonstration of ignorance as this forum [Ludicrous Online Lies] requires or simply fishing for a large thread to the OP's tag; I thoroughly believe this vitriol has landed in the right place.

AND I CANT BELIEVE I'M CONTRIBUTING TO IT!!!!!!! KUDOS OP

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   

if you wish to promulgate the concept of a " flat earth " please scientifically explain its structure , and more importantly - resolve this claimed structure with all observed phenomenon

and that - is all I have to say about flat earth idiocy

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Hebrew Israelites, All Tribes, WAKE UP!!!!! Jesus is returning soon, get ready and stay a watch for the abomination desolation, then flee to the mountains, but must first come the 7 year peace treaty. Call out and wake up your fellow brother Israelites. Everything will be explained on the mountain, but just trust God threw our Lord and savior Jesus. Remember Moses? Just trust God and please this time lets all make it to the promise land. SHALOM

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

You do realize humanity learned the world isn't flat centuries ago without the aid of Govt videos, right?
edit on 14-8-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

There still was a government century ago...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join