It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

goodbye my friend

page: 1

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I suppose this is my public grieving.
Animal lovers will understand.
Hence, my username....

Wednesday night I had to say goodbye to my dear friend Missy.
I had the pleasure of making her acquaintance when she was 6 months old, back in 1984.
I raised her. I trained her. I loved her. We spent almost her full 29 years together (minus the first 6 months.)
She taught me so much and I thank her deeply for that.
We spent countless hours, miles and camp outs together.
You will be missed so much Missy. Thanks for the memories sweetheart.
RIP

Missy is the horse on the right
]missy[/url]

again, Missy is on the right

edit on 10-8-2013 by horseplay because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by horseplay

Really sorry to hear about your loss.
I have been there twice with my geldings. I"d had them both for 20+ years and they went within a year of each other.
It still hurts but we were lucky to have had them with us for so long.
Thanks for posting the beautiful pics of Missy. Looks like a great place to be a horse.
Is that her only pasture mate in the photos? If so, than he or she is, maybe, grieving also. It can be really hard on their equine friends.
You have my deepest sympathy

~Neysa

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Neysa

Well as fate would have it I was given a donkey about a month ago, she is not yet 1 year old. I got her to keep Missy company when I went riding. but now, well the tables have turned. Maddie (my other mare) was also grieving something awful but she and the donkey bonded really fast thank goodness.
Now I'm not sure if I should get the donkey a companion (other that the goats) or just take her camping too. Boy, wouldn't the other horses on the trail just love that. !

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I understand your pain.. and I feel for you.
Missy will always be alive in your memories , so
cherish the memories of your wonderful time together..

Rigel

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Animals that we raise, know and love are family; they are so precious and I think magical too. My heart goes out to you. Your love for Missy and the memories are eternal. I think the most precious in life is to love and be loved.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

I most certainly will, Rigel. thank you

reply to post by caladonea

thank you, caladonia. I have no human children. My 'pets' are my children.
Missy and I had a once in a lifetime bond, she was a true sweetie and not a mean bone in her body.
She was too easy to break to ride, all because she just wanted to please me. Neither of us knew what the heck we were doing back then. We went through a lot together.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Your thread gave me a lump in my throat! Such beautiful pictures of your horses and how wonderful that Missy spent her whole life loved and cherished by you. Having owned and loved horses all of my life, I can understand the bond between you and there is nothing quite like the connection we can have with these beautiful animals.

I hope that you can look back at your treasured memories and feel happy for the lovely life you gave her!

Very best wishes xx

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

I suppose this is my public grieving.
Animal lovers will understand.

Grieving for your loss too.

Animals are the best friends.

Just for you...

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

I am very sorry for your loss and I understand

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I am so very sorry for your loss. Hold on to all those beautiful memories until one day when you meet again.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

thank you intrptr, that was sweet

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
and thank you to everyone for the kind words and pics!
I hope she is waiting for me when my time comes.
Forever in my heart, Missy.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

So sorry for your loss. Hard thing to deal with.

Reminds me to give my horses a big hug when I get home... *sniff*. I hope any other horses are coping ok. I remember when one of our borders left for a closer stable when he moved. We only had one other horse at the time, and she was so upset to lose her buddy. She's got plenty of company now though...

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   

So sorry for your loss. As an animal lover as well, I get it. I think it may be even harder when we lose our horses because we've had them for a longer time, comparatively.

And I do believe Missy is in a wonderful place now.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Surely we do understand your loss and pain. She has completed her mission in this life time. So as our fist pet - hamstina, I also learned a lot from her, even after her death, I learned to feel grief and pain of real separation.........

Our kitten - tiggy just passed away last Sunday at age of 2. We were so sad that we barely spoke to each other that day, let alone you and Missy had 29 years friendship. It's a long time......
We buried tiggy in our back yard. I'm still sad, even when I walk pass where she slept. So, we decided to keep that spot clear to wait her spirit to come back to watch TV with us, if there's something like that!???

Having said that, we should let it go & move on. Life comes, life goes......

Wishing you a good day!

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Oh, no. Another animal loss.

Like I told Randy, I do know our beloved pets go to a better place once they pass.

God bless you and your furry friend!

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Osho
“You exist in time, but you belong to
eternity- You are a penetration of eternity into the world of time-"

I just discovered this quote the other day, and it had profound significance for me.

Although I have never been in such a close bond with a beloved pet before, (29 years) it is easy to understand the crushing pain and grief you must be experiencing right now.

My heart goes out to you and pray that in the great expanse of eternity, you will again meet your sweet Missy and be able to love again.

It is really hard to try and find the right words to express matters of the heart and of the void of loss.
edit on 15-8-2013 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I'm so sorry for your loss. You were both so lucky to have found each other. Companion animals are wonderful gifts.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Thank you gazrok. yes, give your horses a big hug!
Maddie my riding mare is coping very well now. She was very upset for a few days but has bonded with the new donkey now.
She is now the boss of the 'herd' - 1 horse (herself), 1 donkey, and 2 pygmy goats. it's a funny herd but it is working.

I don't know about you, but we are the wierdest herd I have ever seen.

The pygmy's are actually bullying the donkey which is comical.
Last evening I was bush hogging and the bull calf, which I keep by himself, escaped into the big field. I just kept hogging but kept watching. at first, Maddie ignored him. but it didn't take long for him to start messing with the donkey and pygmys and boy did that piss her off. She ran him all the way back to the barn, ears flat and teeth bared!
So it is good to see the adjustment is going well.

reply to post by CamyoW

thank you Camyo. I'm so sorry for your loss also. How quickly we can bond with our pets!
I was fortunate enough to have wonderful neighbors that brought their trackhoe over and buried her here on the farm for me. It meant a lot to me.
Hopefully she will come back and visit you. I do believe...

reply to post by AshleyD

thank you ashley. I believe horses have souls!

reply to post by antar

thank you antar, that is a very profound quote! I like it!

reply to post by chasingbrahman

and thank you chasing! We did have that rare bond where going down the trail I could think a direction and she would go that way. it was cool, like we could read each others minds. and I knew when she was going to do something goofy too.

top topics

join