It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*New Japan Tsunami Video*- Wave starts out small, but then...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Btw since we are in a new tsunami thread I encountered this video too:

Crazy
edit on 9-8-2013 by Dumbass because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
Really terrifying!

But WTH is that blueish "thing" climbing out of the water and into the building at 10:32 to 10:50 min?

Incredible and unusual behavior!!

Scary!!
edit on 9-8-2013 by Arken because: (no reason given)

It might be a form of gas escaping the pressure above it. A possibility.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dumbass

Btw since we are in a new tsunami thread I encountered this video too:

Crazy
edit on 9-8-2013 by Dumbass because: (no reason given)

I could only imagine that finite feeling one may get when watching the buildings around you collapse while your's is for some reason still standing. Will it fall? We'd all think. I don't know that I'd be worried about death though. I've had a few near death experiences, a few to many that is. I react calmly. My only fear would be, being impaled before dying. That's a fear.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
The 'ghosty thing' is the spray from a wave.
Watch it. You see it form - then shoot up between the crevices.

Anyway - back on topic - this video is astounding on many levels and thanks for sharing.

My opinion? No one believes what's 'really happening' even when it's right before their eyes... And that can be said of a lot of different kinds of tsunamis.

peace

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Antipathy17

I understand you completely, being on a building while similar buildings collapse without know if the water will get even higher or not. Its a desperate situation.

My only fear would be seeing my loved ones in the building next to me and not being able to help or go there

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
That's one huge freaking nightmare. I can't help but think of how many of those people standing around watching lost their lives. Hope I never find myself in that kind of situation.

Peace

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Thankyou for posting this

One of the most Emotional and Powerful footage I have seen of the Tsunami

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Really terrifying!

But WTH is that blueish "thing" climbing out of the water and into the building at 10:32 to 10:50 min?

Scary!!

Arken, I thought the same thing. I re-watched that multiple times and still couldn't reasonably understand what it was. My best guess is that it was a propane tank ripped from it's tubing and rapidly venting liquid fuel as it was swept by... Or a ghost.
Caareepy though!!

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Man!

I am so glad my son was not there when all of this happened. He was in Japan about 6 months before this tsunami hit and lost a few friends that he met while he was there. Every time I see a video of it I get more and more grateful for the timing of his trip.

What a heart breaking experience.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Hm I'm trying really hard to see what you are seeing here... but all I'm seeing is a jet of water spraying (it happens twice, first time to the left of second ones location) it doesn't look that unusual to me..

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
For those of you who haven't seen. This is a vid of the wave making landfall.

The raw power of Mother Nature is amazing.

And that was a mere 30 ft wave. Now imagine what a 200 ft wave resulted from a
landslide or meteor might be like.

edit on 9-8-2013 by Garkiniss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by wirefly

Really terrifying!

Scary!!

Arken, I thought the same thing. I re-watched that multiple times and still couldn't reasonably understand what it was. My best guess is that it was a propane tank ripped from it's tubing and rapidly venting liquid fuel as it was swept by... Or a ghost.
Caareepy though!!

Totally agree.
I was thinking that or a CO2 fire extinguisher that busted open.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
wow, that was an amazing 20 minute clip, seems so innocent at first...just stunning...I can 't imagine what it must have been like to actually be there experiencing it...

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I found the alarms and instructions heard from the loudspeakers hauntingly reassuring, even though and especially because they amounted to very little: at least they tried. Even that late. That's not always the case.

Can anyone translate what the people on the loudspeakers said? I'd really like to know. Like, a general overview. Couldn't find it on the Youtube comments.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
You can really see the power of it! intense!

By the end of the video it was eerily apocalyptic!

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Unreal! I watched this last year.

Crazy power.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I wonder if someone knows where this is and can do a "google maps"... to see what it looks like today.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Really terrifying!

Scary!!

it looks like it's jumping out of the water, you can almost make out legs in the video.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Some things I learned from the video:

- It looks like the people were warned and only those wanting to see something remained
- Trees are good at keeping the larger debris away
- A tsunami works like a slow motion bomb: first the water moves in one direction at great speed, then it goes back, slower but also destructive
- Well built buildings are very strong
- Watching all that water, even with its destructive power, I felt like I always feel when watching water, it soothes me

Now, one thing I always think when I see things like this: I live in a city that watched, from the other side of the river, like the people in this video were watching, while Lisbon was being destroyed by a tsunami that followed the most destructive earthquake recorded in Europe, in 1755. We get some earthquakes from time to time (I think I have witnessed some 8 earthquakes in my life), but it's always possible that we get a bigger one any time, so I always look at videos like this in a different way, as something that is possible to happen and not just as something that happens to other people, in far away lands.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join