It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muhammad never preformed a single miracle his entire life

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Muhammad was a politician/war leader who claimed visions from God. He got a bunch of peasants to believe him even though he gave absolutely no proof of his claims. He gathered an army together. They went looting and raping and killing across a massive area.

Kinda reminds me of some people nowadays. Some politicians/religious leaders today claim visions from God. They have no proof. The give no miracles. They gather armies or groups of thugs together. They go looting and killing across massive areas. They claim to have God on their side.

If Muhammad was born today he'd be seen for what he was - nothing more than just another delusional war monger politician using the guise of religion or national pride to make it look like he was bringing people together, but in fact he'd be tearing people apart.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
Guess I'm showing my ignorance here, but I thought only Christianity (esp. Catholicism) went for the whole "miracle" thing....?

Then they put a number requirement on them to make one "eligible" to be declared a "saint'.
edit on 8/8/2013 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

No the Arabs were telling Muhammad that unless he displays his ability's they will just consider him a madman.

"Al-Harith ibn Kildah al-Thaqafi was the most skilled physician of the Thaqif tribe. He came once to the Messenger of Allah and said, “O Muhammad! I have come to heal you from your madness, for I have treatted many madmen and healed them all"

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Encore
Muhammad was a messenger sent by the god , just like Jesus Christ

1 - Prove it. Prove that Muhammad was really a messenger from God.
2 - And prove that he was 'just like Jesus Christ'. Considering that Jesus performed miracles and
considering that Jesus didn't raise Armies to slaughter and rape people, I think you are going to have a tough time proving it. But go ahead and try ...

edit on 8/8/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
He was probably too busy killing Christians to perform any miracles.

You know piling heads in a mound so high that you can't see over it even on horseback.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
jesus didn't raise armies?

I guess I misconstruded all the "god is on our side " , and the "praise the lord and pass the ammunition" business...and the quote in the bible where it says "he who believes in a different god you must kill him..."

maybe it was to do with the conflicts in Ireland or Germany being 54 percent protestant and 40 percent catholic in 1936...

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
jesus didn't raise armies?.

No. He didn't. He died on the cross with John being his only follower at the foot of the cross.
That's it. No armies. No hoards of people out raping and murdering at his order.
Just Jesus ... dead on the cross ... with John and Mary and Mary Magdellen at the foot of it.
The other 10 apostles ... scattered. that's it.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by buster2010
You can of course prove these other prophets performed miracles. I mean hard evidence not some story in a book.

Invent a time machine. Otherwise all you have is faith.

And faith has as much substance as a fart.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

2 - And prove that he was 'just like Jesus Christ'. Considering that Jesus performed miracles and
considering that Jesus didn't raise Armies to slaughter and rape people, I think you are going to have a tough time proving it. But go ahead and try ...

Show proof that Jesus actually existed. There is proof of Mohammed lived but where is the proof for Jesus.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

jesus didn't raise armies?

I guess I misconstruded all the "god is on our side " , and the "praise the lord and pass the ammunition" business...and the quote in the bible where it says "he who believes in a different god you must kill him..."

maybe it was to do with the conflicts in Ireland or Germany being 54 percent protestant and 40 percent catholic in 1936...

No when Jesus comes back that is when he will raise armies.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
And faith has as much substance as a fart.

hmmmm ... Farts look like nothing is there but they are rich in substance.

sub·stance - Noun
A particular kind of matter with uniform properties.
An intoxicating, stimulating, or narcotic chemical or drug, esp. an illegal one.

The Chemistry of a Fart

Nitrogen: 20-90%
Hydrogen: 0-50% (flammable)
Carbon dioxide: 10-30%
Oxygen: 0-10%
Methane: 0-10% (flammable)

Gases
How stuff works - Gas (substance)

Gas, in physics and chemistry, any substance that expands and spreads indefinitely when not confined in a container. A gas thus has no shape of its own, but takes on the shape of its container. The gaseous state is one of the three basic states, or forms, in which all matter exists. (The two other states are solid and liquid.) Gases and liquids are both fluids and have certain properties in common.

A gas can be changed into a liquid or solid by being cooled or compressed, or both; a solid or liquid can be changed into a gas by the application of heat. A substance that is in the solid or liquid state at ordinary temperatures is called a vapor when it is in the gaseous form. Steam is water vapor at a high temperature.

A gas consisting of one kind of chemical element is an elementary gas. At ordinary temperatures and pressures, there are 12 such gases: argon, chlorine, fluorine, helium, hydrogen, krypton, neon, nitrogen, oxygen, ozone, radon, and xenon.

These are indeed 'substances'. So ... according to you ... on the outside faith seems to be nothing at all, but in reality, hidden from the eyes, it is a very substantive thing ... just like a FART.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

How about NO

Believe what you will and stop asking other religious philosophies to prove themselves when you have no intention in following that religion.

Why not try proving Christ performed the miracles you say he did before infecting these boards with your bigotry.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

jesus didn't raise armies?.

No. He didn't. He died on the cross with John being his only follower at the foot of the cross.
That's it. No armies. No hoards of people out raping and murdering at his order.
Just Jesus ... dead on the cross ... with John and Mary and Mary Magdellen at the foot of it.
The other 10 apostles ... scattered. that's it.

Prove it.

Your going to have a hard time proving it

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

If Muhammad was a University student and the Quran was a thesis/dissertation he would be done for plagiarism because his book heavily borrowed from Jewish, christian, Zoroastrian, pagan religions of the time.

In that case, the New Testament and the concept of Jesus being the messiah was plagiarized from the Hebrew Israelites. Who do you suppose came up with the concept of a "messiah"?

If there are similarities between the Biblical religions and Islam is because all three are part of the same prophetic tradition... starting from Adam and ending with Mohammad. Of course, Christians stop short of acknowledging Mohammad... and the Jews refuse to acknowledge Jesus and Mohammad.

edit on 8-8-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

No the Arabs were telling Muhammad that unless he displays his ability's they will just consider him a madman.

And the Jews suspected Jesus used demonic powers to do his work.... furthermore, like Mohammad, Jesus was also rejected by many and was the target of abuse and torture.

edit on 8-8-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Lets face it the only reason Islam, Hinduism, Christianity and Judaism became major world religions was through conquest. All the rest of it did not really matter to the people who had to either convert or get put to the sword. Those religions have so much death, rape and war on their hands it is ironic they all claim to be religions of peace. Buddism on the other hand is the only one of the major world religions that was not spread through conquests or forced conversion. So if you really want a good example of a religion that walks the walk and not just talks that is your one.
edit on 8-8-2013 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Muhammad never wanted for people, the simple minded, to take him for some kind of demi-god like they did to Jesus; which only leads to further ignorance and idolatry, therefore he didn’t perform miracles for the populace,

Muhammad miracles were of the heart and mind where the foulest of Bedouin Arabs, who use to murder live babies, turned their hearts from evil to God and seeking knowledge.
That’s the real miracle, not sensationalized stuff that simple minded people rely on.

edit on 8-8-2013 by Willtell because: spelling error

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
reply to post by LUXUS

Your post resonates only if one accepts that Christ's miracles were not made up as well. Otherwise, it's all spin aimed at the gullible.

Having seen that guy 'dynamo' walk on the Thames,(a river) in London, England (that's the UK) I don't see why some guy 2,000 years ago could not do the same.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by InhaleExhale
How about NO

How about YES. A person makes a statement ... they should prove it.
How about you not interjecting yourself into this since the comment wasn't directed at you?

stop asking other religious philosophies to prove themselves

How about NO. This is a discussion board. The person made a definitive statement.
I have every right to ask for proof of that statement. Deal with it.

Why not try proving Christ performed the miracles you say he did before infecting these boards with your bigotry.

Grow up. Asking for proof from someone who made a definitive statement isn't 'infecting the boards with bigotry'. It's called discusion. :shk:

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

The first hand historical eyewitness accounts of scripture.
Believe it or not. It's up to you.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

reply to post by InhaleExhale

The first hand historical eyewitness accounts of scripture.
Believe it or not. It's up to you.

Believe?

I do believe,

But your talking about proof, you asked for proof,

If the Historical eyewitness accounts of scripture are proof enough for you why you asking for more.

Is scripture only the New testament and all others the devils work?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join