It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: FSA downs Iranian cargo plane in Syria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
www.zerohedge.com...

twitter.com...

Al Arabiya English ‏@AlArabiya_Eng 53m #BreakingNews - Activists: #FSA downs Iranian cargo plane at #Damascus International Airport. #Syria

I know this is from Twitter, but this is a larger and more known account and basically the fastest form of news we know have.

Wonder if this was landing or taking off? Weapon cargo? Most likely.

Will update.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprise if the plane was military related. The new president of Iran said he would continue their commitment in supporting Syria. Obviously they're helping each other out. If Syria falls, Iran would be next.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
The west needs to quit supporting these terrorists. Despite what they say, I am pretty sure they are supplying them with weapons, after all, its been said that the whole Bengahzi incident was just a setup for gun running for the FSA.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Hey Calgarian,

I agree with you that twitter has become one of the fastest means for breaking news and the following subsequent updates from several perspectives.

However, since the report some 1 hour ago, there has not been very much, if at all, corroborating reports. Not to say there wont be, but 1hr is a pretty long time for just the one report and a few "re-tweets". I look forward to see what unfolds next and the potential implications this could have on the political landscape surrounding Syria.

Side note: I used Twitter to follow developments of the Zimmerman trial and the public attitudes on the matter. It is very informative as well as horrifying, as you can see everyone's comments on the subject. It is a great tool for gaining insight into many perspectives of a topic of contentious debate, include the OP.

People are afraid of all these secretive domestic surveillance programs, but the amount of information giving away willingly is all you need.
edit on 7-8-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

FSA eh? More like Al Qaeda! It's a good thing the USA sent them hundreds of millions of dollars and plans to arm them along with EU. Wait, what?

Funny enough, Al Qaeda shot down a Yemen Army helicopter yesterday with a missile and now this. So the question is, they have more missiles? Anymore info about this story?

It's time to start digging folks!

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I don't think Iran will take this outside the boundaries of proxy war. So I believe you won't hear about it from them.

They will retaliate though.

IMO, the US and Israel want this in "open warfare" mode. Iran hasn't blinked yet. Maybe the west will? I'm sure there are literally 100+ highly educated people advocating one war plan or another on a daily basis at the pentagon. As time wears on, there will be fewer and fewer dissenters.

You know the HW manufacturers are on board and lobbying like hell.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by InverseLookingGlass

Iran already has Hezbollah in Syria fighting the FSA/Al Qaeda and they're beating them, for the most part.
edit on 7-8-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Wait, so the FSA is infiltrated by Al Qaeda, the very same "terrorists" we've been told since 9/11 were our enemy. So...we're going to support them in a war against the Syrian government? Why again? The countries leader is worse than Al Qaeda?

How about we just stay the hell out of other countries for once? Did Al Qaeda ask for our help? If so, why are we talking to Al Qaeda in secret? Aren't we supposed to be hunting them down to protect the USA?

Good lord Americans are complacent and stupid. Everyone I know seems to support these rebels. "Well, at least they're not as bad as Assad..."

Does anyone really think Al Qaeda just going to give all the guns/rockets/supplies back?

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
someone should fly a cargo plane over the rebels packed with anthrax and bio weapons,they will unleash them on their selves and nobody would be to blame.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   

As such Al Arabiya English, Al Arabiya. Could say the same for other MSM outlets. Al Arabiya English is an mouthpiece for the Saudi regime.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   
People say Assad is bad, but from what i know, before this war broke, Syria was a beautiful and prospering country with friendly people.

To say that Assads regime is evil seems more like propaganda then truth.
The rebels are not Syrians or a small part according to my knowledge but fundamentalist muslims from all over the world, they go to Syria to fight, for what?
A beautiful country destroyed, crimes commited, rapes, beheadings, unbelievable.

top topics

join