It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Archaeologists Believe They Have Unearthed Piece Of Cross Used To Crucify Jesus

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
****** Mods please move if this is not in the right location. *******

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — Archaeologists working at an ancient church in Turkey believe they have unearthed a piece of the cross used to crucify Jesus.

“We have found a holy thing in a chest; it’s a piece of a cross,” said one of the archaeologists.

The piece of wood was discovered in a stone chest on the site of a church in Turkey, built in 660 A.D

(Source)

There is a video in the article. I was having trouble adding it to my thread.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Huh? They found a piece of wood in a stone chest and jump to a conclusion that it was from a cross and believe that it was from the cross Jesus was sacrificed on? How did they even determine this piece of wood was from a cross?

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I found this on YouTube.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe
Huh? They found a piece of wood in a stone chest and jump to a conclusion that it was from a cross and believe that it was from the cross Jesus was sacrificed on? How did they even determine this piece of wood was from a cross?

Good question. I was thinking the same thing!

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Erm.... how do they know it was Jesus' cross? Seems like they're counting their chickens before they hatch.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Strange but true, somebody counted up the numbers of recorded Holy Relics once, and concluded that due to the number of pickled foreskins, Jesus must have had 13 penises. Penii. Whichever. Point being, just because a Church puts something in a fancy box and uses it to bring in the punters, doesn't necessarily mean it's legit.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
You know I read stuff like this and I'm like.

How in the world can you be sure that it's really that?

It's been 2K years.

but hey it sounds legit to me.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
It looks like a stone with a cross carved into it. If that was a piece of Jesus actual cross and was a holy relic, what are the chances someone would carve on it?

I think these people are just looking to make a name.

Never mind...apparently that is a piece of the chest she is holding....so not only are they claiming a piece of the cross is there but they are not good enough at what they do to not break the stone chest holding what they believe is a piece of Jesus' cross? If the chest was broken prior to their excavation then how can a piece of wood last that long in the elements?
edit on 8/5/13 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
imagine that finding a piece of wood in a box (reliquary) in a church, that is "supposed" to be a piece of "the cross of Jesus".

finding a piece of wood in a reliquary, it takes no leap of faith to think at least the people who put it there at least "thought" it was a piece of the cross.

the question is "IS" this a piece of the "actual" cross?. a quote i have heard through the years, " there are enough pieces of the "cross" to build a FORREST".

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
My wife has several rose bushes in her flower garden. I think the thorns were used to make Jesus' crown.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Yeah, I have to agree. They have a lot of work to do before they can name this a piece of the cross used to crucify Jesus.

The craved cross in the stone doesn't mean anything unless it can be verified. Even then, how can the actually verifiy it was a piece of the actual cross? And with no evidence of DNA from Jesus, even if there was dried blood on it, it would be very hard to prove.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Are they going to try to get DNA off of it, in an attempt to clone Jesus and bring about the end of the world?????

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy
Are they going to try to get DNA off of it, in an attempt to clone Jesus and bring about the end of the world?????

I don't think these guys are that advanced yet. I beat they don't even have the equipment to carbon date it. Looks like they are just going off over a grave they uncovered at this point and wanted to be the first to get it in the media. I'd at least investigate it much further before making this type of claim.

But I guess it whoever make the news first wins. LOL

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Propaganda to further the Jesus myths for his followers and the continuation of the mind manipulation programs under their malefactors.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy

Someone watches too much Zero Hour me thinks...

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

Too late. Everybody knows Jesus is already alive and well and living in Quahog.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Somebody once said that if you gathered all the supposed pieces of the True Cross together you could build a cathedral out of it.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Archaeologists Believe They Have Unearthed Piece Of Cross Used To Crucify Jesus

I have yet to see a single iota of evidence that supports this claim.

Moreover, how could anyone know for sure that a piece of ancient wood... regardless of in-the-box claims of authenticity, assure that such was beyond question?

The headliner is sure to grab web hits... and as of this moment, I haven't seen a thing to suggest that it has any other purpose.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Nah that's the cross of Ben son of Hirum. Jesus cross had a inri on the top. Look on any crucifix.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I find this claim no more or less ludicrous than an archaeologist finding a 12 inch bone fragment and determining it's from a new never before seen species of dinosaur that lived 80 million years ago. Good luck to them on proving it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join