It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston Bomber had "Far Right Papers"... (about 9/11 Conspiracies!)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

One of the brothers suspected of carrying out the Boston bombings was in possession of right-wing American literature in the run-up to the attack, BBC Panorama has learnt.

The programme discovered that Tamerlan Tsarnaev possessed articles which argued that both 9/11 and the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing were government conspiracies.

Another in his possession was about "the rape of our gun rights".

BBC News

Now as some may know when it comes to 9/11 I broadly agree with the offical story.

HOWEVER!

I would never describe 9/11 conspiracies as being "right wing", nor would i describe politcal views regarding gun control as "right wing" especially not in the same contest as comments like "Hitler had a point" and literature regarding white supremacists .

There was also material discussing the plight of prisoners still trapped in Guantanamo Bay and on US drone activity.

Boston bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev read far-right literature on government conspiracies and white supremacy

What and that makes him "far right", he had a interesting the attrocities of Guantanamo bay and all of a sudden he is being painted as "right wing" by the media. Disagrees with Drone activity, so must be right wing, what a joke.

One friend, who asked to remain anonymous for fear of being associated with terrorism, said Tamerlan "just didn't like America". “He felt like America was just basically attacking all Middle Eastern countries…you know trying to take their oil,” he said.

Errr and this is wrong, Afghanistan, Libya, Iraq and so on, was this not examples of America attacking Middle Eastern countries. Not that I agree with the means by which he and his brother expressed their views, I oppose terrorism in the strongest possible terms. But for a Muslim not to like America because for over a decade America has been bombing the crap out of Muslim countries.... I can at least understand where he is coming form.

Anyway, for anyone in the UK the documentary "the brothers who bombed Boston" will be on tonight at 20:30 and I hope will be uploaded on to YouTube thereafter for our American friends.

Based on what i have been able to read so far it would seem that the BBC are going to argue that the Boston bombings were actually Right wing terrorist attack by another "9/11 nutter" and no a attack steaming from Islamic extremism.
edit on 5-8-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-8-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Of course they found those things!

Now the gov. can start with their domestic terrorism agenda, that they wanted from this tragedy in the first place.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I sincerely believe the above poster has said it all......This is all political theater taken to the ultimate extremes.....

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Umm.. Right Wing, eh?? Those folks in Washington need to get out of their little hyper-partisan worlds and get a clue. Go rent one if they can't afford to buy it.

It was just yesterday I was reading a story about Code Pink giving Obama hell the way only those folks know how to. I think I can say with TOTAL certainty, those folks are *NOT* tea party or right wing people.

See what they do here? Any dissent becomes political kookiness if they just slap the right/left wing label on it. Here? It's SO far out of place, it's pathetic to think they expect us to buy it!

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Why couldn't they find any PETA or better still First Earth Battalion brochures...

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Any dissent becomes political kookiness if they just slap the right/left wing label on it. Here? It's SO far out of place, it's pathetic to think they expect us to buy it!

We don't have to. The labels placed on these guys was "Jihadist" and "Conspiracy Theorist", right?

Guilt by association. I guess having publications with "bad words" in them doesn't help either. Okay, you are all now terror suspects, eligible for detainment without charge, trial or sentencing.

Tamerlan Tsarnaev subscribed to publications espousing white supremacy and government conspiracy theories.
---
Until now the Tsarnaev brothers were widely perceived as just self-styled radical jihadists.

OP link

Were those "publications" real world or "just online"?

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I think its fair to say if they had literature regarding 9/11 conspiracies then they would also have visited conspiracy websites and as ATS is the largest conspiracy forum about I think once could reasonably speculate based on this that they or one of them did visit ATS and may have even had an account.

Again that is just speculation but all the same i think its quite possible.

I will be watching the show tonight to find out more.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

...reasonably speculate based on this that they or one of them did visit ATS and may have even had an account.

I think maybe we would have heard about this by now? Watch which labels they put on the screen in the background when they mention it.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I'd wonder how many, if any white superman groups can even afford real world printed material like that. The KKK maybe, but if that was what they had, the headline would lead with it for the name recognition alone. Maybe Aryan Nation stuff? That would boggle enough average minds for name recognition to leave it out entirely and just make it vague.

Still.. I judge those two by what they did and said themselves. Not by what they have in literature. A hard look at my hard drive through eyes like THAT would have someone thinking I'm a radical Right, Left, Communist, Ultra Patriot, Jihadi wacko with enough in identity problems, given those are mutually exclusive things in many cases, to need a rubber room for life. At least, if one went just by what written material I have and NOT consider my writing and blogging habits for having a reference "library".

Heck.. Let's say for the sake of argument, I had, at one time, several issues of Inspire Magazine. To hear the feds talk? That makes me a Jihadi fighter by the very fact I'd posses such reading material. I wonder if modern equivalents of book burning aren't already starting sometimes.

I just don't put stock in judging a man by what he reads. Mein Kampf is one of the better selling books in history, as well.... Is that because so large a % across the world adore the man who wrote it? ...or seek to understand what led to history's records of what happened there? It isn't anyone's place to judge on reading that alone, IMO.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

More attempts by the media to convict these two.

Question is why? Especially when there are so many inconsistencies, half-truths and lies some of which can be found here.

Not to mention that they killed his unarmed friend who was about to flee the country.

edit on 5-8-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

This is all political theater taken to the ultimate extremes.....

Has been for a while, not just in the states either.

Its obvious after 9/11 but as one delves into the rabbit hole many of the events of past can be speculated to be a drama being played out by forces that can also only be speculated about.

One concept that gives David Ike any logic based on a reality where reptilians are a little to out there to be considered anything other than fantasy was his pushing of the The Hegelian Dialectic, problem, reaction, solution.

Its obvious that this is the concept that keeps the world under a type of mind control of sorts.

On topic,

This is so expected, finding this type of material in his possession.

It serves a purpose to a problem that the government can now show its citizens more and more,

Domestic terror.

Ignorant society don't realize domestic terror will eventually be your everyday crime.

Running a red light will be justified as terrorizing the pedestrians crossing by instilling a fear of near death.

Melrose place or Beverly hills 90210 of the 90 TV are more believable dramas than what the governments are entertaining and manipulating the public with these days.

Its just unfortunate the games and dramas the governments put on for citizens has real consequences usually for the poorest and weakest first.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I thought it 9/11 cts were more left leaning.

I lean a little right of center, but there are a lot of liberal CTers when a conservative is in office.

edit on 123131p://bMonday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I pretty much had the exact same thoughts when I read the BBC article this morning.

Tamerlan Tsarnaev possessed articles which argued that both 9/11 and the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing were government conspiracies.

So what? I've read things about 9/11, in fact I have a book (albeit it one) about the subject, which argues that there may be more to it than the official story says.

had literature which explored what motivated mass killings and noted how the perpetrators murdered and maimed calmly.

I recently mentioned in another thread that I've just finished reading Bloodlands: Europe between Hitler and Stalin. This book obviously studies a period of mass killing and generally most books on the Nazis or Soviets are going to include such things. Infact I've read numerous such books.

There was also material about US drones killing civilians, and about the plight of those still imprisoned in Guantanamo Bay.

Again, I've read such "material." I read the entire Living Under Drones report, I have a book by Fidel Castro on my Amazon wishlist called "Guantanamo." I also have a PDF report called Globalizing Torture which discusses the U.S. governments (and other countries) wide ranging use of torture and extraordinary rendition in the war on terror.

I'm in no way right-wing or have any intention to commit violence. This is ridiculous. Just because somebody reads such things doesn't mean you can shoe-horn them into a political category or suggest that they're going to commit acts of violence.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

So what? I've read things about 9/11, in fact I have a book (albeit it one) about the subject, which argues that there may be more to it than the official story says.

exactly,

I myself although a out of the closet OSer, have several books regarding 9/11 conspiracies and a whole bunch of other stuff about conspiracies and I even own a copy of Mein Kampf, doesn't make me a "turther" or a Nazi or Right wing.

its like they found that stuff and just wanted to put a label on him for it.

I really dont see how being interesting in 9/11 conspiracies can make anyone "right wing".

Fair enough, he was had stuff about white supremacists and Nazi's so that might indicate right wind tendencies

but concerned about gun restrictions, Gitmo' and 9/11, no way does that make anyone right wing or make him now a "right wing terrorist".

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Anything that people are scared of or dislike is tied to those pesky “right wingers”. After all, the “right wingers” are the greatest threat to American national security according to this administration.

Nothing surprising here! I'm just waiting for someone to find a link between Al Qaeda and the Tea Party.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I just don't put stock in judging a man by what he reads.

Me neither. Ideas aren't actions, they aren't crimes. Owning written ideas is a crime nowadays, I guess.

Mein Kampf is one of the better selling books in history, as well.... Is that because so large a % across the world adore the man who wrote it? ...or seek to understand what led to history's records of what happened there? It isn't anyone's place to judge on reading that alone, IMO.

Have you ever tried to read it? I gave it up partway. Ramblings of a hate infected, megalomaniacal mind. No loss...

Good read on the era is The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich. I think thats the one. Written by American news correspondent stationed in Berlin. Verrry revealing. Lots of parallels with the way the world is now.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
for those in the UK who are interested the Documentary about this is about to start

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I don't feel so bad now about Mein Kampf. No..I didn't get entirely through it and ended up getting a summary to fill in what I couldn't force myself through any further. Geeze... I've listened to audio books on the rise and fall of ancient Rome and Greece for goodness sakes. THAT isn't something to hold interest, it's something to beat any sleeping pill, let me tell ya! I thought it prepared me for odd or just difficult text. Ahh.. Silly Silly bunny...Always learning how much I still don't know in life and that's a fact.

As much as the history channel ran the subject to the point of beating the horse UNDERGROUND for almost a full year quite some time back? I have to say, their stuff is quite educational for the original source nature of most of it. It sure was for World War II.

Someday, perhaps, we'll even have 9/11 type coverage and looking back in what really happened. Probably not..but we can hope at least our kids learn the truth by the time they are middle age.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I have just finished watching the documentary on BBC1 about what is discussed in the OP

I have to say the comments regarding 9/11, guns, Gitmo and so on were actually not really the focus of the documentary. Rather they painted a picture of the brothers, they state that Tamerlan was up until he was forced to quite boxing actually quite a normal guy. He then became obsessed with radical Islam and describe him as a angry young man who latched on to Islam. IT would seem that he also became interested in conspiracies but the details of this in the documentary are space. Furthermore they makers argue that Tameran was influencing his younger brother who it would seem showed no signs of becoming radicalized.

The documentary then goes on to discuss the counter terrorism tactics of the NYPD and allegations of widespread spying on the Muslim communities of New York.

When i can, or if i can, i will try to post the documentary if it turns up on YouTube.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Not exactly revelatory as far as Panorama documentaries go but a sneak peek at the counter-terrorism technology was interesting.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join