It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US Embassies Shall remain Closed for an Undisclosed Time frame, not just This Sunday, prompted b

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
So it seems, the US intelligence has picked up news of 'chatter' especially from Al Zawahiri, to launch un precedented attacks on US embassies across the world.

The most volatile are the US embassies in Pakistan, India , Sri Lanka...

Thus, based on the so called intel reports, the US embassies shall remain closed beyond the Sunday...till further announcement by the Obama Administration...WOW!

It is like an indifinite closure of an embassy...a sure precursor for WW3...?

What do you enlightened ATS members feel about this development?

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by UnknownEntity

It is like an indifinite closure of an embassy...a sure precursor for WW3...?

Dude, Chill out.

Embassies have closed before because of terror threats and there as been no WW3

there is no reason to suggest this will be any different

sure its interesting, but its not getting me worked up about a possible world war

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Are any other governments closing their embassies?

No?

Gotta be some kind of clue.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

No?

Actually the UK is closing its embassy in Yemen based on the threats

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
War is coming.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
This is all I've got...

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

If a threat about the US embassies was received, why on earth would France close theirs? If it's specific to one country there's no reason for any other country to do anything but step up security.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
A Norwegian intelligence spokesman is spewing the same on the news here today.

I bet the US want to drum up fear and more support for the NSA after all the latest news.
They have apparently shared all this "information" with all the governments in Europe and they
are now issuing their own warnings.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
And someone in a afghan cave is rolls on the floor laughing.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by tyfon

BINGO! This is a smoke screen on two fronts. First, since news was released that over 2 dozen CIA operatives were on the ground running an arms smuggling operation on the night of the attack, the administration had to bury the news story. AND... never letting a good crisis go to waste, decided that they could fear-monger Americans into believing that the usurpation of the 4th Amendment was really keeping Americans safe.

Good catch!

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

If a threat about the US embassies was received, why on earth would France close theirs?

It is 911 anniversary after all. Not EU vengeance day. The "focus" will be on the Americans. I imagine others will follow suit like the lackeys they are. We're all in cahoots.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

No?

yes and Canada too

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Here's an update from the State Department...

Posts in Abu Dhabi, Amman, Cairo, Riyadh, Dhahran, Jeddah, Doha, Dubai, Kuwait, Manama, Muscat, Sanaa, Tripoli, Antanarivo, Bujumbura, Djibouti, Khartoum, Kigali, and Port Louis are instructed to close for normal operations Monday, August 5 through Saturday, August 10.

The following posts that are normally open on Sunday, but were closed on Sunday, August 4, are authorized to reopen for normal operations on August 5: Dhaka, Algiers, Nouakchott, Kabul, Herat, Mazar el Sharif, Baghdad, Basrah, and Erbil.

www.state.gov...

edit on 4-8-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
The threats are b/c of recent Al Qaeda prison breaks.. www.theguardian.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Plus...

This week marks the 15th anniversary of terrorist attacks on U.S embassies in Nairobi, Kenya and Tanzania that killed hundreds of people.

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Well goodness... I'm SHOCKED. You mean what people said about this only being their very 'limited scope' isn't true? Wow... I wish I'd said that bef...Oh wait, I did say that. So did several others.

Predictable. When paranoids run the asylum, everything is a threat and every noise is the bogeyman.

I think I can actually hear them, shaking in their political boots...all the way from Missouri. (sigh)

The Eagle has...crashed and burned. We have no pride and know no shame as a nation any longer. That's my opinion ....and leaders who don't even care so long as their personal goals are met, whatever those are from week to week.

Oh, please, in 2016...whoever is elected, I don't even care who... get people are don't LIVE on paranoia like a plant feeds off sunlight.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I doubt they will hit US embassies again. They already done that. Now we have to endlessly guard against a repeat.

Be embarrassing if there was another Benghazi.

I wonder of somebody is making an Anti Muslim film just in case?

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
THE EMPIRE STRIKE"S BACK
edit on 4-8-2013 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

i;ll bet al-quada is coming to steal the US depts.....

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Your right on that, Intrptr. Al Qaeda is big on shock and slaps to the face. That doesn't come by repetition of the same 'ol plan. They seem to really pride themselves on innovation of attack. Even the WTC, which they hit twice. First a truck bomb in '93....then, just to be innovative, they made it airplanes the next strike. They were fixated on those towers...but I don't know of many other examples where they hit the same target type in outright terror strikes (vs. attacks with specific purpose like a prison break)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by WormwoodSquirm

holland also ofcourse....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join