It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crop Circles: What's the Conesensus These Days - Real or Hoax?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Although this post is way out there, crop circles could be symbols which have an effect on the land and surrounding areas.

Just like many people wear crosses of various descriptions, it is well known throughout history that certain symbols actually do have an effect on the physical world. Religion, magical and mystical schools use symbols in all their ceremonies so why shouldn't these crop circles be this and made by people who understand how they work and what effect they will have on the surrounding area of Earth.

They may have become more complex because the effect which is required needs to be more powerful. If there is anything to some of the 2012 hypotheses, then we are supposed to be at the end of a cycle around the 2012 period.

Now, maybe the cycle has effectively been completed and there is nothing more which can be accomplished by placing these symbols onto the landscape. Hence why things have quietened down recently.

If, as some believe, that there is/was a war between alien groups, then one may have 'won' and the other who were trying to affect the Earth environment with the crop circles may have been chased away.

Of course, no-one knows and so it is all a belief. However, if we could find the humans who said they did them and get them to create a complex one in a night, then it would pretty much be proved that some if not all were human made.
What I have read is that the guys who made the best ones have moved over to sand castles or something similar and have lost interest in crop circles. Somehow, thats too convenient now that the crop circles have almost gone away this year.

I cannot stretch my imagination to see how this kind of complex crop circle can be done in one night in the dark - even by a very organised bunch of artistic humans.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by markymint

I have a friend who is part of the one of the groups that make circles and no not from Wiltshire. hey have night vision glasses and visors, lasers for marking out, in short, the whole kit and caboodle for making circles. it is worth remembering the crop circle makers tend to be from a particular generation and they are, my mate included, now past 40 so many of them have other matters that concern them.

My mate has told me a few interesting tales about their activities and the one thing that has surprised them is just how often they come across police and and army seeming in cahoots just seemingly, aimlessly wandering about fields in the dead of night around Wiltshire. This is not MOD land either, rather private land, they are often spotted spending whole nights apparently, "looking for something". They have been thwarted on a number of occasions from their work by these activities although he did tell me and I've recounted this before on here. On one occasion they spent the whole short summer's night watching various police and army at the bottom of the slope they wanted to make a circle on. Then when daylight came , lo and behold, someone had made a huge formation in the crops between their position and that of the police and army personnel. To this day he has no explanation fo how that particular formation was made as both his group and the police and military were "on watch" for the whole night.

With reference to the Wiltshire area there is another associated phenomenon that rarely is spoke about. The reports of it go back to the days of the "Warminster flap" and Arthur Shuttleworth and that strange noises. A friend of mine, who sadly died last year, told me of an incident in the late 60s he was witness to. He and a bunch of like minded people were down at Glastonbury communing with nature and doing typical 60s stuff. They climbed the Tor to watch the sunrise when the weirdest thing happened. They all heard a low pitched whistling noise that sounded very much like an engine and yet, there was nothing at all visible to the eye. He said they all heard the pitch change as if wholly concurrent with the Doppler effect of something coming towards them and then sounding like it had "settled or landed". Thing was at no time did they see anything at all. They considered their mental state and whether they had shared some sort of aural hallucination when, a local taking their dog for an early morning walk crested the Tor and enquired. "Had they seen anything land as they were sure they'd heard something themselves"...

Now, taken individually that might mean nothing only, over the past few years I have had several younger people report similar incidents. It seems a fair few people, who don't make circles themselves, enjoy just jumping in the car, loading up with combustibles, a few snacks and just finding a decent high point and spending the night in Wiltshire. The strange thing is, several of them have independently reported hearing strange aerial "motor noises" and yet not seen any visible evidence to give a clue as to what was making them. Again these experiences come replete with the commensurate Doppler effect as if something had flown over them at quite a low height. In one case a guy told me they felt physically "uncomfortable" for about 10-15 seconds as if, they were under the bow wave of some air pressure pocket caused by the passing on this "invisible object" Interestingly, a couple have said " We thought it was a chopper, either military or police because, at first the pulsing sound we took for rotor blades then we realised, it was more of a pulsing than the sound of blades rotating.

I have heard the odd report of a similar kind from various parts of Britain however, there seems to be a particular concentration of them from the Wiltshire area. . I'd add, when I asked about visibility conditions, not once was there low cloud cover and in fact, the sky was almost totally clear. And old timer from the area said to me about a decade ago. "Ah, the old circles do a great job of keeping people's eyes away from the really strange stuff that happens down here"...

I'd be tempted to write the "noises" off down to secret military testing etc however, keeping invisible aircraft quite for 4 decades? Really, I think that's just not a goer, as far as explanations go. Plus, it would make an utter mockery of the billions spent on the development of stealth aircraft, when they simply didn't need to.

To finish and maybe this is pure coincidence. This was taken in either the late 60s or before 1971 as that was the date of the book it was published in.

A triangular "crop circle" reported after the sighting of a UFO and our old friends the flying triangles seem to be able to do what? Appear and then just disappea

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by eManym
Also, at the end of the article it was mentioned that the farmer had a UFO detector that was triggered. This indicates he was a UFO enthusiast at the time which gives me every reason to believe his story was fabricated.

What was his motive? Probably to sell UFO detectors.

On Saturday February 8, 1969, at 5.30am, a UFO monitoring device in the Pennisi home was triggered. The youngest son turned the instrument off, and then forgot about the incident. His father had left the house in the early hours of the morning, and upon returning noticed that the detector was off.

Well, there's all the scientific proof you need right there. A UFO montoring device.

Let's say these are communications by some intelligent alien species. In their 40+ year attempt to get us these messages, they just can't seem to get their point across. Logically, you would think they would be trying other methods besides geometric shapes to make their point. If they can create these complex shapes, they certainly can do something else. If we were to venture to a distant planet, and for 40 years write "Hello from Earth" in wheat fields, with never response back... wouldn't we try another approach? To take ques from their own planet as how they communicate, rather than using our own language? If these are visiting aliens, they're not too bright.

Aliens creating crop circles is a ridiculous theory and only adds more to the tin-foil hat mentality of the UFO phenomenon.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

Nice one. I find that all interesting, thanks for sharing. There's various good reports and so much depth to it I honestly can't see how people would completely dismiss them all as fakes. The same way if you touch the surface of UFO sightings you don't find the meat. Take in a lot of them, many rubbish, some good... and you begin to understand the depth and the possibility.

I honestly feel I'm not personally doing enough about crop circle issues. From the 'craft' I've seen and their speeds I can understand things slipping in under people's noses, even the hoaxers or police out with good intentions
But from my own sightings, crop circle 'capturing' has grown over the years as something I need to do before I die. People often have a cheesy link between their sightings and other 'missions', some people go on big campaigns etc. I don't want to seem cliché but I think I was "shown" some stuff to lead me onto some pro-active crop circle adventure. (I won't be selling books, sorry
) So am physically incapable of dimissing crop circles at this point in time.

Additionally to your friends accounts I read one about a crop circle team staying in one overnight and they all got freaked out because some spooky stuff happened. It was a small report on a local (to somewhere) "UFO group" website, it was never a big ATS thread or a big news story but it's those little reports that stick with you, that certainly keep me intrigued and in belief there's more to it than meets the eye.

Even the Queen asked about them, there's no evidence that someone turned round and said "They're men with planks". In fact, I've barely heard anything... did any UK body ever confirm or deny their origin? As far as I know, they haven't... and that's a golden opportunity IMO. There was a glimmer of hope a few years back when The Sun ran an article and got their man to do a night watch, but that was a UFO hotspot (not CC) and not a lot happened for him, haha. But even that would work IMO, flush the entire area out with media, make a swansong of it - "This year we're discounting or proving crop circles" and buddah-bing. Human achievement 1, waiting on a possibly fabricated Government response 0.
edit on 4-8-2013 by markymint because: spelling

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Ectoplasm8

The guy in Australian basically lived in the arse end of nowhere in the 1960s there wouldn't have been exactly a ton of stuff to keep one occupied past work,. Given what had happened to him, then him rigging up something to try and detect it happening again is wholly sensible? Then again, the so called "saucer detector" seems to be missing from other more in depth write ups of the sighting and in actual fact, the main witness was a confirmed UFO sceptic before the incident.

The Tully nest in detail

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Given everything we are discovering about plants level of intelligence and their ability to communicate then perhaps this is simply a progression of that natural phenomenon.

The Earth is trying to talk to us.

Wheat is one of our primary food sources is it not? What better way to communicate with a species then by placing messages in its food?

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by EthanT

Even if the circles were all real, it wouldn't matter, because the New Agers got hold of them from the very beginning and they interpret the "messages" according to their faith. What they've been coming up with is a very primitive stuff, like we are warn all the time to take care of the earth and so on. You can also come across info from the circles that we already know. It can't get more pathetic than that. Most of the research has centered itself around the question whether some of the circles were not made by people, but the discussion got so boring over time that the phenomenon is basically dead. The research has never been able to explain why the suspected genuine circles have been appearing overnight. If the aliens wanted to legitimize the phenomenon, they would make them during the daytime and each circle would have included encoded date, time, and the location of the next circle, so people would be able to witness and film the creation of very elaborate designs. That would rule out a natural phenomenon and with no one being seen in the field... What kind of explanation would be left?

edit on 4-8-2013 by tremex because: add words

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Some crop circles are truly unexplained. The crop circles that are unexplained ARE NOT two humans with 2x6s. Some of these designs are intriguing and not the work of hoaxers.

So, are they alien? Yes, form the standpoint that they are intelligently created by non-humans. Are they aliens from another solar system? Not enough information to say for sure. But, I think they are.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Real or Hoax?

Yes, you're right on both suppositions: it's a real hoax...

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Hello Firemoon, ive always loved that avatar......
sent me on a search for my own....

I have had "some " experiences which lead me to believe (at this point) that the communications we are receiving, are multiplexed and not just crop circles.
There ARE HOAXES..........But there definatley IS something otherworldly and exciting happening with crop circles.....There are more and better unexplained ones than fakes by a long shot.
The researcher Collin Andrews
has some interesting comments about the odd ability for the circles to manifest in reaction to human thought.....
Aparently, himself, and a pilot fellow (Busty Taylor) were overflying a circle when one commented hed like to see the previous forms all intertwined together......
the next day, in proximity , precisely the requested formation appeared.
The phenomena is REAL......
UNEXPLAINABLE BY OUR MEANS.....
Much more serious research needs to be undertaken by well funded science.:@@
though at this point ANY approach is entirely valid....)
In my opinion, the experiences of humanity at this nexus in time, are leading towards an unavoidable, and nessessary n leap of consciousness......
All that remains is for the "hundredth monkey syndrome" to play out......in fact this leap may be the only possible way for us to survive as a species........
There are those intelligences within or out there who wish to assist.....
edit on 5-8-2013 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by EthanT

Something to consider, yes there is a lot of hoaxers out there who create crop circles for entertainment purposes but the original crop circles may NOT have been man-made.

There is a thread on here somewhere in which I cant find but it refers to an incident in a small rural U.S. town which got hit with a crop circle in the 60's I think, it's worth a read if you can find it.

Additionally, those who have examined the phenomenon in depth will tell you that some crop circles have inexplicable bending of the straw etc. which can't be explained. As I said, most are probably hoaxes but the idea came from somewhere else first

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Thanks for the feedback all. Interesting to hear the various opinions and it does sound like an open issue at this point.

As UncleVinny's pointed out even using the word "consensus" was probably a little silly on my part!

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
There were a lot of circles in Hampshire a while back, but I haven't checked CCConnector for a while. Many were within a stone's throw of Fareham, which is close to several locations for secret Naval research and MI training.

There's a good chance, imho, that some of the circles are aimed at groups within government (or rather, the real government) who are able to interpret them, by consulting some means of translation.

It could be that we have a standing agreement not to get in the way of certain alien activities, and in return they will share some trade secrets via symbolism, and offer up actual/occult means of protection for some other group of hostiles..

I have some rather personal connections to the above, so it's always been a lingering topic of random musing for me - one circle in particular, with its alien head and binary circle, had a special meaning for me at the time, and it will remain with me as long as I am reminded of the concept of CCs, so thank-you for the thread.

IMHO - genuine, a lot of the time, hoaxed some of the time, with some groups being capable of quite stunning hoaxes through the use of advanced tech (to muddy the waters and ensure it stays a fringe subject).

And I enjoyed reading some of the other replies in-thread, most enlightening & entertaining.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyInTheOintment
There's a good chance, imho, that some of the circles are aimed at groups within government (or rather, the real government) who are able to interpret them, by consulting some means of translation.

It's virtually impossible to acquire the means of translation without investigating the possible causes of the phenomenon. You need to assume first that a part of the display is not the work of nature or that there is no human involvement. But the assumption must be based on a sound analysis. Since there is no significant consequence to the phenomenon, the tendency has been to leave it as it is.

The scientific community has a different view of how an ET contact should look like, so its members are not interested and are sticking to their more than childish views.

It was interesting to see that the source of the crop circles responded to the simplistic mainstream denial of us being contacted by the members of some ET civilization through the UFO phenomenon. The argument has been that if real, the ETs would have "landed in the White House" - they would make an official contact. Even though there are no photos, it is confirmed that a few crop circles appeared in the land owned by the Queen of England. The Queen and some members of the Royal Family were very intrigued by the occurrence, and their influence resulted in a temporary government investigation of the phenomenon. Since the Queen is the Head of State, the official contact has been symbolically established. Of course, it appears to be a very very secret contact. We just can't have anything vastly superior around us - no good for our silly heads.
edit on 5-8-2013 by tremex because: typos

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by EthanT

Hoax
/

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Example of an historic crop circle story - - seems they have been around a while.
I suppose those hoaxers have a time machine or something !

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by UncleVinnys

Ah yes the Mowing Devil , interesting story or is it just an Allegory
Here's the text that accompanies the picture .

THE MOWING-DEVIL: OR, STRANGE NEWS OUT OF HARTFORD-SHIRE
Being a True Relation of a Farmer, who Bargaining with a Poor Mower, about the Cutting down Three Half Acres of Oats: upon the Mower's asking too much, the Farmer swore That the Devil should Mow it rather than He. And so it fell out, that very Night, the Crop of Oat shew'd as if it had been all of a Flame: but next Morning appear'd so neatly mow'd by the Devil or some Infernal Spirit, that no Mortal Man was able to do the like. Also, How the said Oats ly now in the Field, and the Owner has not Power to fetch them away

Full story at link
The Mowing Devil

Here are a bunch of Crop Circles from 1945 although I think a couple of them are more likely parch marks .
cropcircleresearch.homestead.com...

Those to me are Crop Circles as they are circular marks in the crop and not messages that need to be decoded .
Crop Circles are real , Crop Art is real but they are two separate things neither created by ET .

edit on 6-8-2013 by gortex because: Edit to add

top topics

<< 1   >>

join