It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it really Sexual Attraction?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
The human creation machine is a transceiver of energy frequency. Your spiritual state sends out powerful radio frequencies that trump most of the low-lever auto-programming that most operate under. It blows them a bit off their "station" and at the low-lever programming, guess what? Fight/Flight/Sex/Survive. The frequency tickles the sexual level and as that is where they are at, they respond accordingly.

A person who operates their machine from an ego-managed soul-driven state broadcasts their frequency and it resonates with the other receivers walking around.

And yes it's sexually attractive. Beware of energy vamps tho...

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magister
Possibilities in addition to your suggestion of spirituality

1. personality (a great equalizer)
2. pheromones
3. met in past lives

1 and 2 I am open to, however the pheromone connection can almost be entirely discounted, especially in modern society.

As a modern society we put great importance on cleanliness, smelling "nice" and making sure that our natural body odors are kept in check. By this we also limit not only the availability of pheromones for others to sense, but also mask it through the use of body sprays, perfumes, and deodorants.

Specifically in my case, I am at an age where my pheromone concentrations would be decreasing significantly, (if still being produced at all) so it is completely opposite to what would be expecting if I were 10 or 20 years younger.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ThreeSistersofLoveandLigh

I have always thought that it had something to do with the combination of intelligence, charisma, passion, strength and a dynamic life force based on high spirituality in knowing who you are which attracts people towards you like moths to a flame because they yearn that for themselves. I do believe that some physical beauty attributes are included in this mix however unique. A person who is secure in the knowledge of who they are is always appealing especially where vanity is not present. Vanity will make all beauty disappear instantly and so it should.

I don't think it is ever as simple as it being a result of just being spiritual because I think that would be denying certain other parts about ourselves that we have been given and as a result try to minimize because otherwise the attention would just be ridiculous. For example people who generally attract so much attention in this way tend to be deeply passionate in expressing their beliefs, loves, feelings and
everything they assimilate. This I believe is extremely attractive and compelling for many people whom find themselves unable to resist especially where emotional intelligence and the spiritual combine and life comparatively seems drab on their end.

A deep passionate nature, spiritual intelligence, attractive physical qualities and dynamic energy is a hard thing for most people to resist especially in light of the fact that most people find themselves merely existing and not truly living life. Most people yearn to have a taste of this because it is like a fire in their souls that has been lit. It sounds strange but in essence it might be a perverted/convoluted attempt to touch and get close to 'the source' without even recognizing it.

However, the physical means nothing other than possessing the vehicle required to return to the One and Only Source of all life.

edit on
edit on 5-8-2013 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Egyptia

You eloquently said what I am trying what I am trying to get across, with the main point being that I am trying to make is that all of this is perceived by a majority of people as strictly "sexual attraction".

From my point of view, that's a problem because without understanding the nuances, one could make a big mistake on HOW they act on these feelings and senses.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
let me just say it.

This is the most vain self absorbed thread i have ever read on ATS.

I really dont know what the point in this thread is other than the OP taking part in some gratuitous self-indulgence

Sorry i really can't think of anything else to say.

I dont even know what point the OP is trying to make other than to say "I am so very attractive, highly spiritual and a better christian than the pope"

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
let me just say it.

I really dont know what the point in this thread is other than the OP taking part in some gratuitous self-indulgence

I dont even know what point the OP is trying to make other than to say "I am so very attractive, highly spiritual and a better christian than the pope"

Oh come on ladies both of ya'll are pretty

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

let me just say it.

That is a very different take my question as to whether or not other people had experienced the phenomenon that I had noticed, and I find your perspective interesting.

I think that by seeking out others that may have experienced things similar to this that I am in fact trying to dispel any vanity that I may have about this phenomenon, but I could be wrong in that and your assumption that
this is a vainglorious post gives me something to ponder.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThreeSistersofLoveandLigh

let me just say it.

That is a very different take my question as to whether or not other people had experienced the phenomenon that I had noticed, and I find your perspective interesting.

I think that by seeking out others that may have experienced things similar to this that I am in fact trying to dispel any vanity that I may have about this phenomenon, but I could be wrong in that and your assumption that
this is a vainglorious post gives me something to ponder.

Woman often got headaches, pondering.
Male are more simple, you don't have to say anything really ,it's nice to hear your voice though, rambeling.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

That whole op reads like I don't want or am not looking but will walk away with the best male who comes along.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   

You know what? This is not a new thing.

Its generally accepted that people in stable contented relationships are more attractive to people, because thier sheer joy at the prospect of living is visible in thier faces, thier actions, thier micro-expressions and thier entire body language. Joy is appealing, and people will congregate around sources of that like campers around a fire.

Its actually perfectly normal. Your assumptions about it however are very interesting. I am sure that you are a very sexually evolved person, but your assumptions about the reason for this attraction speak volumes about other potential internal mental constructs that you may not have considered.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I have to agree with you! I find men who are spiritually evolved are the most attractive and I have an amazing connection with them. Other men who don't practice it, the attraction is minimal. I wonder what it is?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I think most people are attracted to good intentioned healthy and happy individuals who are really in tune with their feelings and are not afraid to express them...Being able to be sexually active and to achieve satisfaction followed by self confidence is amongst the magnetic things that really shows up in ones personality,without being outspoken about it....Beauty,fame,nice body and fortune are in the lesser degree of importance.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

My wife is a woman very similar to you in what you have described. I think it has more to do with your confidence and being happy, and projecting that happiness.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Definitely the cleavage. Or ya know ya got 'good vibes'.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
You sound like your typical egotistical female that thinks everyone wants her.

Just cuz that dude smiled at you doesn't mean anything get over yourself. You're reading into this way too much. You're probably not that hot and your ideas of spirituality are clearly self-aggrandizing.

Sorry to be so rude, but I've seen it all and you're nothing special.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Off Topic

So, what I had hoped to be a discussion about the possibility that more often than not we interpret attraction on any level as a sexual one, and that we are expected to react to this attraction in a sexual way, because of exposure to various things (including an over abundance of sexually laced media) has turned into something else.

It's sad, but has made it very clear that people are ready to assume and judge (and in some cases interject "fact") that suggest that I have some higher sense of self worth or some underlying motive other than to discuss this phenomenon.

Let me make it clear:

I have no need for people to find me attractive, sexually or otherwise. There is only one person who's opinion of me matters. That person loves me on many levels, and their compliments on my appearance are generally only a validation that our relationship is strong and healthy. I have spent nearly half a century on this planet, and my appearance is "in decline" from what most would consider attractive. The idea that "I grow more beautiful every day" (my partner's words) only attests to the idea that our relationship is far from being based on superficial things like physical appearance.

The assumption that I consider myself more evolved (on any level be it sexual or spiritual) than others is not only false, but insulting. I never said that I felt that way about myself, only that others described me in that manner.

I do not need validation that I am "special" because I do not consider myself any more or less anything than anyone else and actually find it quite baffling when others describe me as such.

If you feel the need to detract from the thread by interjecting the idea that I need some sort of validation, or find the need to insult my intelligence by insinuating that I am some sort of "typical egotistical female", please don't. I really would like to expend my energy discussing the phenomenon on a intellectual level, not fending off personal attacks.

On Topic

I found this picture:

"Innocent love" or "pure love" seems to be very attractive, and I find that it is most easily expressed by children, who lack experience in being judgmental, biological drive (due to lack of pheromone production), and have not quite developed a sense of what is accepted as physically attractive.

I think that as we grow older we lose the ability to differentiate the different layers of attraction (physical, spiritual. meta-physical, biological and/or sexual, etc) and lump it all under the heading of "sexual attraction".

"I'm feeling a spiritual attraction to you" sounds like a cheesy pickup line and if stated by someone approaching you on the street would put off or scare most people.

However, expressing some sort of sexual or physical attraction toward another seems to be far more acceptable.

Personally, I have never seen sex as the predicating factor in attraction, only a byproduct of it (if you are lucky) It may be that it is because of this personal viewpoint, I find the entire phenomenon curious and interested in other people's take on it.

I often wonder, as adults, if the expectation of acting on any form of attraction in a sexualized manner is what clouds our understanding of what really drives the attraction in the first place. It seems that there is a tendency by modern society to sexualize even the most innocent of actions or thoughts.
edit on 8/7/2013 by ThreeSistersofLoveandLigh because: fix image to display

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I get gay dudes and lesbians all over my s*** all the time.

posted on Aug, 11 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   

I am not sure what your getting at, if your female well its kind of obvious why there is an attraction there from males or even females. If your male its a bit more complicated but its still sort of the same, but not really. Everything else its just what you make of it, in general this reality reforms itself over and over, the people you have loved, or had sex, or had any sort of intimate encounter will be reformed and replay again in the next life sometimes with a bit of change here and there others with a lot of drastic change. Think of them and you like a sort of energy signature, or a sound wave beating at a certain tempo, some will collide while other will coalesce.

And in general that whole thing were females go "oh I am not drop dead gorgeous" Well that never really existed the majority of males have not evolved to really go for the whole supper model thing or what you see on the TV or tabloids. All those are there to sell something to you. Beyond that they do not exist in the male psyche like you think it does. In general a walk around your town will tell you what or who males are really more attracted to, and yes its mostly doe to biology which in itself is an energy signature, but not the kind you think or have been conditioned to believe. That merely exists only in your head.

And lets just say under any medium or circumstances you would likely attract the same people to you as you have now, and so it would be in the next lifetime etc etc, like I said it all has to do more with wavelenghts and energy signatures then anything else. The circumstances merely change much more so then what you would attract, in fact the circumstances dictate not who you would attract, but if it would be successful. Given a bit of a change in the circumstances you have now and things will be drastically different. Everything else is merely what you make of it, or what you call something.

And if your female? Well its not all that hard as you ladies make it out to be. In fact I could pretend to be a female and just work my magic online and within a week I would have at least 20 guys hitting on me. That in itself speaks volumes about the whole attraction thing.
Fortunately that would be highly annoying so I wont be doing that, but ya that whole spirituality thing. Well its like everything else, when you don't have to test it out it works great, and you can write a poem about it. But when you do, well the story changes and you have no time for any of that.

Oh and personally I do not know you but I do not find myself attracted to you even through this intenet medium. No offense, I don't know you but what are you really getting on about. I would be in the category of your making of this more then there really is. It is in effect the female version of the male phenomenon that when you have one woman after you all of a sudden have a bunch come out of the woodwork and start noticing you. There is really nothing all that spiritual about it, in fact it has more to do with biology and group dynamics and the way the human mind operates and works within a social group or hierarchy, or society much more so then it would have to do with spirituality.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Am I having Deja-Vu? I could have sworn you posted this before and I answered, that I was a male counterpart to this...

It is not really LUST but when I was younger there were no words for it...

I have experienced this myself and it is inexplicable. I used to think there were people who's internal magnet was attuned more to mine and we were just drawn together, male or female or whatever...

However the inverse of this is true too. I have met people I really just rub the wrong way...without actually rubbing them

Hey...I have been told I am a good masseur! If anyone was going that direction

As I matured I realized there are many, many forms of Love and compassion and desire and touch.

So in that direction I think that usually it is because we love to be touched, and often we take it to far into the sexual realm. Even though deep intimacy can be achieved with sensual touch that does not mean it is sexual only deep and meaningful. It is healthy, and unfortunately we are touch starved society and always choose the less health route...
edit on 13-8-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

That being said, I am curious to know if there are others that have experienced this phenomenon.
I don't know what to say, IMHO it must last at least 4 to 8 hours,in heat,with a lot of sweat,with lunch break ofcourse.

edit on 13-8-2013 by piequal3because14 because: add

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join