It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Telecom giants give GCHQ unlimited access to networks, develop own spyware – Snowden leaks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Telecom giants give GCHQ unlimited access to networks, develop own spyware – Snowden leaks

rt.com

Major telecom companies have been assisting the UK intelligence agency GCHQ by granting access to all the traffic passing through their fiber-optic cables – and by developing Trojan software for the agency, leaked papers obtained by German media reveal.

The classified slides obtained by German news agencies Süddeutsche Zeitung and NDR list global telecommunication operators among the collaborators of the UK’s Government Communications Headquarters, and reveal the spy agency’s sophisticated tactics, involving the use of computer malware and network attacks.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.theguardian.com

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Britain's Government Communications Headquarters (GCHQ) in Cheltenham.

Well... Here we go again... Are we surprised. Nope..

Luckily I am not with BT or Vodafone. However my own network is no doubt spying anyway.

I really cannot think of much more to say. I think it speaks for itself. Our privacy rights never really existed. Nor did our freedom of speech..

I do wonder how many related occurrences like this will be popping up in the forseeable future. It seems everyday there is another incident or scandal.. I am waiting for the day info about the really big boys will come out... That will change the masses opinions...

We will ever have our privacy back. Or the right to free speech..? I do not know. But I sure as hell will not go down without a fight.. The next war will be an information war. The more peeps know the better...!

Thanks Snowden...

NB: for those who doubt RT's reliability I have included a link to the guardian aswell..

Peace

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by fluff007

I'm with BT and this article has made me really, f*cking angry

I don't mind my details being shared with people I trust, but my own government? Steady on

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
And your UK-built "FEMA camp n' coffins" are nearly ready for unvailing ceremony with the Queen's blessings...and Warren Zevon singing "Werewolves of London".

Not good...

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by fluff007
Luckily I am not with BT or Vodafone. However my own network is no doubt spying anyway.

Doesn't matter - You can bet your traffic goes over them at some point. BT being BT are just massive, but Vodafone now own the UK's largest fibre optic network when they bought C&W last year (I work for them
)

Unless you're with Virgin, you can also guarantee that your broadband is actually provided by BT, who just lease access to the other operators.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I don't know why this surprises anyone at all.

The entire world that you think you know, how it is governed, who is in control, you know, everything, is an illusion.

They'll say that it's to find "terrorists" but what makes a terrorist depends on what side of the fence you're on, if you're a lying, cheating, greedy despotic politician who is taking backhanders, stealing public money, giving high paid none-jobs to your friends and family, telling the public one thing while doing the opposite yourself, etc...

Then ANYONE who dares to talk about it is a terrorist.

they need to know what we're all doing so that they can shut up anyone who dares to step out of line.

I think the greatest trick that has been pulled on the masses is to make them BELIEVE that they're living in a democracy where they have "rights" etc, when 1984 arrived probably before 1984.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
This is exactly the reason why people should learn how to read source code and use open source operating systems.

You can, to some degree, make things very difficult for the government. It's not about having nothing to hide, it's about accessing data without your knowledge and consent for reasons unknown.

War against terror is a lame excuse to invade the privacy of people around the world.

There is also a serious flip side to that coin. Intelligence agencies are not the only ones who can hack and break into systems. Imagine what a simple DDoS attack would cost. No access to Amazon, Google, Facebook, Twitter, online banking, etc. for a day, would cost billions of dollars.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Be careful talk like that and you'll be arrested as we are classed as terrorist's now. Anyone who is against them are terrorists and is a label that they can use to get their own way when they have opposition. We need to go underground I'm afraid and we are now part of the resistance.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Sk8ergrl

I'm against them. Go ahead and put me on that stupid list. Rome fell, so will they. It's just a matter of time.

Twice the pride, double the fall.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Power_Semi
I don't know why this surprises anyone at all.

The entire world that you think you know, how it is governed, who is in control, you know, everything, is an illusion.

They'll say that it's to find "terrorists" but what makes a terrorist depends on what side of the fence you're on, if you're a lying, cheating, greedy despotic politician who is taking backhanders, stealing public money, giving high paid none-jobs to your friends and family, telling the public one thing while doing the opposite yourself, etc...

Then ANYONE who dares to talk about it is a terrorist.

they need to know what we're all doing so that they can shut up anyone who dares to step out of line.

I think the greatest trick that has been pulled on the masses is to make them BELIEVE that they're living in a democracy where they have "rights" etc, when 1984 arrived probably before 1984.

1984 began when JFK was murdered by the CIA.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sk8ergrl
Be careful talk like that and you'll be arrested as we are classed as terrorist's now. Anyone who is against them are terrorists and is a label that they can use to get their own way when they have opposition. We need to go underground I'm afraid and we are now part of the resistance.

Hey, glad to see you're still active.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by g2v12

Heya yeah I'm still here lol. But this will be removed soon as we are off topic

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by RageAgainstFascism

I'm against them. Go ahead and put me on that stupid list. Rome fell, so will they. It's just a matter of time.

Twice the pride, double the fall.
Good for you so am I and I was being sarcastic in my other post. They see us as the threat and we are gathering in strength each day. When the day comes we must stand as one and not fight each other but help one another. Love is the answer not war so when the time comes please help the people in need.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   

I always help people in need when I can, how I can. I don't need an allegiance for that either.
Change starts with oneself and a look in the mirror each morning.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
There has been a lot of disruption in Europe across the net in the last couple of months, with potentially hundreds of thousands of users experiencing streaming issues on numerous sites - both video and gaming. I saw plenty of reports about it, and individuals were doing traces on the traffic movement to see what the problem was. Level 3 (a European company) was suddenly diverting all traffic to the US, then to its destination. They REROUTED all traffic to flow through the US without reason and without explanation.

And now, weeks later, I see that Level 3 are listed in the article as being in bed with the mass surveillance system

Even though it potentially affected hundreds of thousands of customers, if not millions, across Europe, Level 3 complied with some order or instruction to divert all traffic to the US.

I believe this is the start of the Utah facility, and pretty soon we'll be seeing all these companies agreeing to send all their traffic to the US. The US has created a monopoly of data gathering, making deals with numerous companies to pay them (or just pressure them) into handing over everything. GCHQ is just another puppet in that gang, doing the dirty work for the NSA in the UK and selling our information to them too.

It's times like this that I almost wish for a world war. Something needs to change, otherwise we will continue to sleepwalk into totalitarianism. People are not doing anything about this, and millions should be angry and on the streets protesting this massive invasion of privacy.

The people who work for the NSA and GCHQ know they are abusing people, they know they are using people's personal information and spying on millions of innocent citizens, they know they are breaching basic rights - yet they all carry on and pretend none of this is happening.

Where are they? What do they use to justify this to themselves? How can they cover up their own immoral behavior and excuse themselves?

You know, I used to dismiss the idea that hundreds of American's could have been involved in 9/11, and that this was proof enough that there wasn't a large group of people hiding the truth, but now I'm not so sure. If there are thousands of people working for GCHQ and the NSA, then they are knowingly complicit in the erosion of rights, and they know they are acting immorally, but they continue to do it and say nothing

I wonder if they tell themselves "I'm just following orders" and I wonder if they will continue to tell themselves that when journalists are arrested in the night, political opponents blackmailed, sites shut down for being critical of the regime...

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

Yes but if a ww3 did happen it would cause totalitarianism as the ww3 would be a false flag to bring all countries into a one world government. I think that either the UN or another new group will be n control of all countries but that's my opinion

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
'The greatest trick the devil pulled was convincing people he not exist' I love that saying, wish I could remember where I read it, anyway, reminds me of all those sons of nameless fathers our stupidity puts it office to 'look after us' yeah, right.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

This may be interesting:
FBI Pressures Internet Providers To Install Surveillance Software
edit on 4-8-2013 by RageAgainstFascism because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Yes but if a ww3 did happen it would cause totalitarianism as the ww3 would be a false flag to bring all countries into a one world government. I think that either the UN or another new group will be n control of all countries but that's my opinion

That's really only if you believe in the whole NWO conspiracy, I don't. It's not possible for one group of people to control such a large population. They have trouble managing it at the size of the average country now.

Look at the smaller nations and their small governments, compared to the largest nations with the largest governments - the machine needed to manage such a large population is almost impossible to sustain.

This is why empires inevitably fail. And it's why the American government will fail too. It becomes too big to be able to function, and the people remove it. Ultimately, it results in devolution and nations or states of that nation reverting to a smaller and more effective (answerable) government.

I hate to say it, but at least WW3 would likely wipe out these out of control agencies and their infrastructure. It doesn't need to be nuclear, and it probably wouldn't ever get that far. But another war actually involving the UK and US would make the spying systems now publicly known immediate targets of any enemy, freeing us from their totalitarian grip.

How else is this mass system of spying ever going to be dismantled? Does anyone really think that investigations and court rulings would do anything at all? Clapper can lie under oath, in front of the American public, and NOTHING is done. Obama can state something on a podium and then be found to be lying through his teeth and the US media are too p*ssy whipped to even mention it.

I don't think that we are ever going to see this machine restricted or rolled back without an enemy taking it out. I have absolutely zero faith or trust in any of our governments, none at all. Obama could stand at a podium and tell me water is wet, and I would go and check that it still is.

So in my opinion, while no one should ever wish for war, I do think it's inevitable, and I think we all know what the first targets of any enemy would be. It's sad that we would need an enemy to free us from a totalitarian system, but isn't that exactly what the US and UK have been slapping themselves on the back for and using as an excuse for decades of war?

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocker2013

That's really only if you believe in the whole NWO conspiracy, I don't. It's not possible for one group of people to control such a large population. They have trouble managing it at the size of the average country now.

Look at the smaller nations and their small governments, compared to the largest nations with the largest governments - the machine needed to manage such a large population is almost impossible to sustain.

This is why empires inevitably fail. And it's why the American government will fail too. It becomes too big to be able to function, and the people remove it. Ultimately, it results in devolution and nations or states of that nation reverting to a smaller and more effective (answerable) government.

I hate to say it, but at least WW3 would likely wipe out these out of control agencies and their infrastructure. It doesn't need to be nuclear, and it probably wouldn't ever get that far. But another war actually involving the UK and US would make the spying systems now publicly known immediate targets of any enemy, freeing us from their totalitarian grip.

How else is this mass system of spying ever going to be dismantled? Does anyone really think that investigations and court rulings would do anything at all? Clapper can lie under oath, in front of the American public, and NOTHING is done. Obama can state something on a podium and then be found to be lying through his teeth and the US media are too p*ssy whipped to even mention it.

I don't think that we are ever going to see this machine restricted or rolled back without an enemy taking it out. I have absolutely zero faith or trust in any of our governments, none at all. Obama could stand at a podium and tell me water is wet, and I would go and check that it still is.

So in my opinion, while no one should ever wish for war, I do think it's inevitable, and I think we all know what the first targets of any enemy would be. It's sad that we would need an enemy to free us from a totalitarian system, but isn't that exactly what the US and UK have been slapping themselves on the back for and using as an excuse for decades of war?

That's where the powers of big corporations come in. Just look at the banks they caused the financial crisis and the governments are still bailing them out while the greedy top managers get £1m pay bonus. Look at the list of the big corporations on the PRISM list then tell me who is funding what.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join