It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you remember the "Hugo" anomaly on Mars? Just a rock.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
This image isn't of that anomaly, but of something better: Many more types of "Hugos", and they appear to be rocks (I don't know much about Geology, but I would guess volcanic). Nothing more.

I hope you get out your 3d glasses to check it out, because it's really the best way to see them. And as I always say, you can't call an anomaly on Mars by looking at 2D images zoomed in at 300%! It just makes no sense.

Here we have rocks that are elongated and appear to be "floating". I noticed them when I was stitching this up and I thought the ATS community should see it. Bottom left:

But you'll probably see better with the full sized image:

Or the GigaPan: www.gigapan.com...

Thoughts?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by impaired

Finally some up close and personal look at the rocks on mars...best pics I have seen thus far(I am talking about the big pics in the external link...These rocks look like molten iron or steal...interesting

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Thoughts?

Your thread title is highly misleading.

YOURS are Different Anomalies and NOT THAT HUGO Anomaly ....

edit on 2-8-2013 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken

Thoughts?

I know....i thought this was about Hugo strange from Batman arkham city.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

YOURS are Different Anomalies and NOT THAT "HUGO" ANOMALY....

He didn't say it was.
But Hugo, and these, are rocks.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Arken

He didn't say it was.

... and this is only your personal opinion.

And the title of the thread remain highly misleading.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Ohh my glob!! Its phage
hi
edit on 2-8-2013 by Casualboy100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   

No, It's not.

Originally posted by impaired
This image isn't of that anomaly, but of something better: Many more types of "Hugos",

Did you really just go around in a circle there? They're the same type of anomaly. Kind of shiny, and protruding from the rocks. Don't be obtuse.

You wanted to see this type of "anomaly" up close for some time - as we all have. Now that you are, you're going to get cognitive dissonance on me? Arken! I thought you were better than that!

edit on 8/2/2013 by impaired because: Added a line.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Arken

He didn't say it was.

... and this is only your personal opinion.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   

If you want "debunk" the "hugo anomaly", and title your thread about that anomaly, you MUST post images or data or your own research of that particular "anomaly".

You know: the Sun and the Orange are both round and of the same colour, but they are not the same thing.

Don't you think? Or not?

Your thread title remain highly misleading....

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I was looking at those the other day. The originals. Noticed the reflective areas.

Curiosity is in a transitional area right now, so were going to be seeing lots of new, and different things.
I've already noticed that there are many more rocks without the heavy coating of dust. Which is great for selecting targets to examine.
Hard to guess the series of processes here. But I am thinking something that flowed in a molten state, solidified quickly, then sat there, being polished for millions of years by wind and dust. Probably lots of silicates in these.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   

If you want "debunk" the "hugo anomaly", and title your thread about that anomaly, you MUST post images or data or your own research of that particular "anomaly".

You know: the Sun and the Orange are both round and of the same colour, but they are not the same thing.

Don't you think? Or not?

I'm sorry, but your deflection and counter arguments are laughable at best.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
I was looking at those the other day. The originals. Noticed the reflective areas.

Curiosity is in a transitional area right now, so were going to be seeing lots of new, and different things.
I've already noticed that there are many more rocks without the heavy coating of dust. Which is great for selecting targets to examine.
Hard to guess the series of processes here. But I am thinking something that flowed in a molten state, solidified quickly, then sat there, being polished for millions of years by wind and dust. Probably lots of silicates in these.

Yes. And I was thinking about those strange protruding shapes that come off the rocks, and my uneducated guess is that as they were cooling and while they were still "taffy", the high winds shaped them like that.

Cool stuff on Mars, Geologically speaking.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Upon perusal of your thread history it would appear you would be guilty of such a thing yourself.

On more than one occasion too, it seems.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaHawk
reply to post by Arken

Upon perusal of your thread history it would appear you would be guilty of such a thing yourself.

On more than one occasion too, it seems.

And he refuses to take basic scientific measures of observation. He lives in a fantasy world.
I will bet $1,000 that he didn't even look at the 3D anaglyph, because if he did he would have NOTHING to say because there are dozens of things like his "Hugo" in this image.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Thanks for this, impaired ... the 3D anaglyph view is really awesome!

And it does look volcanic or at least like something that formed under the influence of cooling, melting, pressure, weathering & other FX of the rock cycle. I'm sure geologists will have already figured out what exactly we're looking at.

Yet, I wouldn't go about and generalize from this observation (however likely) that each and every other formation at Glenelg is that exact same thing. To me, 'Hugo' as well as several other shapes & features at Glenelg are still very distinctive in their particular context and would - IMO - have deserved the very same close-up examination as the rocky arrangement presented in this OP.
edit on 2-8-2013 by jeep3r because: text

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Very cool images, and it definitely reminds me of the Hugo formation. It looks like some semi-liquid molten rock that got quickly cooled and was "frozen in time".

In fact, these kind of formations remind me of the cornstarch+water experiments:

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   

It isn't misleading. His post shows rock that is eroded in a manner similar to the "Hugo" rock.

Granted, the "Hugo" rock was more eroded, and only small parts were left, but this rock has similar eroded features that are rounded and polished smooth. As this rock gets eroded away more and more, we may see a feature that looks remarkably similar to "Hugo".

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Had to pull out the 3d glasses for that last one

All rocks, but made me wish I was there to pick them up and start flipping them over. With the 3d look, you can see how the rocks eroded much clearer, I love that, I should of been a geologist!

edit on 2-8-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
this rock has similar eroded features that are rounded and polished smooth. As this rock gets eroded away more and more, we may see a feature that looks remarkably similar to "Hugo".

That's a good point, that the smoothness and shiny-ness is due to being polished by the wind-borne dust. Can anyone tell what is the mineral composition of these rocks? I'm scared of asking at the UMSF in case I get booed off. Are there photos of similar features on Earth?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join