It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Art Bell Returning to Radio Sept. 16 with "Art Bell's Dark Matter"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I wonder if this is why C2C is no longer on XM radio. Didn't they stop airing the show in July?

Also George recently announced his contract had been extended through 2017 i think?

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phantasm

Art's timeslot doesn't compete with Coast To Coast AM but it DOES compete with Clyde Lewis' Ground Zero Radio Show. I'm sure he'll take a hit in his listenership(?). I'll still be able to catch the final 2 hours of GZ, I'll just have to listen to KXL online (tuneIn app). Art won't be doing a LIVE show on Fridays either so I can tune in to the full GZ show then, if I'm not preoccupied.

Welcome back Art Bell!!

Maybe they could split the week up. Would hate to see GZ take a hit for air time. Same for Wells really. Thought Art said a few back that pulling a full week show didn't seem practical for him. Something like that.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
That's nice, but I won't subscribe to Sirius as long as Howard Stern is on it.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SeriousIndividual

It's something I would most certainly pay for had I the extra cash to spare.

S & F For bringing us this very good news indeed, I really would like sattellite radio. So many more choices.
edit on 30-7-2013 by 1loserel2 because: add

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Springer

You tease........

Will he be hitting up ATS Live?

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Sensational news that I've waited over 10 years for!

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeriousIndividual
reply to post by sonnny1

Probably not. Art has always said if he returned to radio he would want to accomplish it in a manner which wouldn't destroy the show he built, Coast to Coast AM. Clearly this show will lower the viewers of C2C by some amount, but he must feel C2C will live on, as do I. His new show will air from 10PM-1AM EST so there's no time conflict with C2C.

His show won't lower the ratings of C2C at all in my opinion. Not in any meaninful manner. I've heard so many stories from my buds in the trucking idustry who loved Sirius and XM when it first came out, but have since dropped it.

Their attitude now is, "I can't believe I was paying money for radio?"

I take it that I will have to pay to listen to him on the web as well. I like Art, but he's not getting any of my money, not when there are so many similiar shows out there for free, like C2C, Ground Zero, AFR.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Similar is only similar. Art Bell is the standard to which the "similars" aspire to.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

I like Art Bell, but he is not the end all and be all either. My money can be spent on better things, and if I am awake at that hour, I can always listen to GZ or C2C for free.

I predict a failure on this endeavor. He should have returned to broadcast radio. He would have a greater impact, but would also be in a competing market place.

He was ahead of his time, but I fear his time has passed. He passed the baton and others have picked it up and ran with it.

I will however withhold any further judgement until after I hear a couple of his new shows that have been archived.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Art Bell is a has been, not that George Noory is better, that's not what I am saying

But Art is old now, fired, spent, give me fresh blood LOL

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
it's about time Art got back into the game...i'm tired of listening to all the junk, going down the road at night.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

George Knapp is great. I worked nights for 3 years and listened to C2C every night. George is the closest thing we have to Art Bell, and by far my favorite on C2C.

Now that Art Bell is on Sirius I may have to break down and get a subscription. Being in Arizona, the hours are perfect.

Thanks to the OP for posting good news for a change.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Of course they keep it silent.

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I listen to Coast to Coast, and really enjoy the show, But I have never heard why Art left that show, he left before I started to listen to C2C. I really enjoy John B, and George knapp. But something about George Noory, he's seems to not give 2 craps to what is being said, and sums it up with Sure does, or Yep

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I am more happy about the time slot than anything else. As an east coaster, I only have to stay up until 10pm to start listening now. 1am was a little tough the older I got.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
It's not some 'noble' return to his audience, it's a monetary need he needs to address. Big bucks in it. You think it's cheap his lifestyle? it has been around 10 years or so with out C2C income. As much as I like him, for me it's not really some big news to look forward to. This same 'type' of post, (different author?) was here on ATS back in January or so as I recall.. These rumors have been around for a while.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glassbender777
I listen to Coast to Coast, and really enjoy the show, But I have never heard why Art left that show, he left before I started to listen to C2C. I really enjoy John B, and George knapp. But something about George Noory, he's seems to not give 2 craps to what is being said, and sums it up with Sure does, or Yep

I think it was some Ped bothering his kids or something of that nature as I recall. It all came about in about two months time. Then he remarried and went to the Philipines.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Glassbender777

Art went through quite a number of retirements though the years .
They wanted him back badly as ratings fell I think when mike segal hosted for a year or so (I thought he was very good myself) but the last time he returned they of course offered him more money and he turned it down.
They asked him what he wanted to return , and he said `less commercials` because they are hurting the show.
Thats Art.
The only person ever that was as good as Art on the radio has to be the old days of Larry King (he did the all night AM gig that art filled in when larry went to cable (god I am dating myself here)

Welcome back ART!

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by proob4
Wow! i heard something a few weeks ago about some cryptic message he gave? And now he returns?

AWESOME!

Yep, on a message board

Many of us thought it seemed like he was hinting that he would be back, but it was weird because in the message he said he wouldn't be doing C2C. It confused us.

Now I understand

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
This is great news. I am also glad that George Knapp will still be doing Coast to Coast. September 16th can't come soon enough. ~$heopleNation

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join