It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Contradictions (and complete misunderstandings) of Christianity

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Twins carry the same DNA. They can be both male and female. Your point is moot.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Twins do not carry "identical" DNA.

But according to new research, though identical twins share very similar genes, identical they are not. The discovery opens a new understanding of why two people who hail from the same embryo can differ in phenotype, as biologists refer to a person’s physical manifestation.

www.nytimes.com
edit on 29-7-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by CircleOfDust

-The only (greatest) story ever told was the Fall of Saturn. Like Tolkien said, there is no story without the Fall.

-The Cross is really our crossing the galactic plane, when the Sun will die.
-The real Sabbath is Saturday, because that is Saturn, the reason why the Jews honor it on Saturday.
-Satan = Saturn
-The Bible teaches in one God, yet the Christians worship 3.
-Jesus = Lord Zeus or Isis or Horus
-The apostle Paul (Saul) = Sol
-The 12 disciples/apostles = 12 signs of the zodiac

I think the bible is bs, but have read it several times...
But where are the above EVER mentioned in the bible?

The words right before your list said

I can guarantee you that there's not one part of the Bible I'm not familiar with.
And I probably know more about it than you do.
I know more about it than most Christians.
So before you go quoting a passage of scripture to me,
I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT IT.

And you act like ATS should be familiar with you and your threads.

And you say

Since I've been beating up on science quite a bit lately I figured it's time to give our beloved scientists clothed in purple garb a bit of a respite.

So it sounds like IMO you don't believe in science, don't have a faith....
Are you simply an uninformed nihilist that believes himself the only one to know the truth of things?

Or is your faith Greek mythology? (going by your first thread)

edit on 7/29/2013 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

So you think that twins can have a sexual relationship with one another and produce healthy offspring? NOT!

Twins' DNA is close enough, closer that mere siblings, and Adam and Eve would have shared DNA similar enough to be compared to twins mating.

The diversity of human DNA proves that the story of Adam and Eve can't be true. It's allegorical and not meant to be taken literally.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Lmao.

14 threads in 1 month 3 days?

Who are you trying to impress?

btw since I didn't see an into in those threads listed...sigh, welcome to ATS...blah blah blah.
edit on 7/29/2013 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Not to be a stickler, but the OP has been with us for at least 1 month, 5 days. His exuberance is laudable. Perhaps the OP is a returning member.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

I must apologies at this point

I was a month off

OOPS

Must have been abducted

Cody

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Well OP, I'm glad you've come along to straighten all these Christians out. I was getting tired of doing it all by myself.

Seriously. Here at ATS, we don't have a problem with opinion. In fact, we welcome opinion and commentary. Welcome to ATS btw.

However, you seem to be presenting your opinion as "Because you said so. It must be true." In those cases, even the "simple minded" Christians really appreciate links to back up at least some of your statements. Thanks. You're a great guy, and I knew you would understand.

Oh, and please. Don't hold back. Do tell us who the real creator is.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

So you think that twins can have a sexual relationship with one another and produce healthy offspring? NOT!

Nope, never claimed they could. In fact on the previous page I talked about the problems that causes with similar genetic defects.

Twins' DNA is close enough, closer that mere siblings, and Adam and Eve would have shared DNA similar enough to be compared to twins mating.

You claimed "identical". And I already stated that it would have an extreme risk of birth defects today. But that is because of great deterioration of the human genome over countless generations. That wouldn't be the case with the DNA of the first humans, unless God created them with defects in their genomes. But the Bible says they were perfect. The corruption by degeneration happened over countless subsequent generations.

The diversity of human DNA proves that the story of Adam and Eve can't be true. It's allegorical and not meant to be taken literally.

That's absurd. All the diversity you see today could have been coded into the firs DNA of Adam and Eve. Microbiologists today believe we all originated from a single "mitochondrial Eve" in generations past.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by CircleOfDust
-Jesus was against organized religion, but that's what Christianity is.

Um ... no.

Matthew 16:18-19 Jesus said - And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it. 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”

That's what I think about you hypocrites.

If everyone here are hypocrites .. then why are YOU here??

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
The gospels were either written by the Piso's or an earlier version written by them influenced later versions. I''m pretty convinced that the crucifixtion and Christ were largely based on the real son of god ie Julius Caesar who was married to the piso Calpurnius. Mary Magdalene was Cleopatra etc
The big question is why was this done.

See link www.youtube.com... and read The Christ Conspiracy about the Piso's. All ties together in my opinion if you are open minded enough to look at the evidence.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I never claimed "identical" DNA.

Twins that come from the same egg, and recieved the same infusion of male DNA from the one sperm that fertilized the egg have DNA that is so similar it is almost impossible to, right now anyways, to tell them apart.

Identical Twins' DNA Evidence In Serial Rape Case Confounds Police

That's absurd. All the diversity you see today could have been coded into the firs DNA of Adam and Eve. Microbiologists today believe we all originated from a single "mitochondrial Eve" in generations past.

We also share commonality with chimpanzees!

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Now before you try and save my soul from my backslidden ways, pay very close attention here, because I don't want to have to repeat myself a hundred times. I can guarantee you that there's not one part of the Bible I'm not familiar with. And I probably know more about it than you do.

What a pompass and arrogant avenue for a OP to take.

I know more about it than most Christians.

All hail Circle~

I'll likely already know about any argument you have too. That's the beauty of you Christians, you're so simple minded.

The only simple mindedness that is happening is the honking of one's own horn~

And please, Christians, for once in your simple little lives, stop believing that everything is an attack from Satan.

Yet this whole OP is postulated out of a over inflated ego? We don't need to discuss Satan.

Well, that should do for now I suppose. My brain is starting to hurt from all the stupidity.

You have brought nothing new to the table regarding your "expertise" nor have you shown any valuable knowledge if not a blatent attack on a said religion. ATS is here to deny ignorrance not empower it.

I believe you are very well informed and learned many "truths" on you journey, sadly your OP comes off as a arrogant individual who wants to shove "there" own personal views on the Contradictions of a said religion down someones throat and leaving no room for debate.

You didn't want a thread, you wanted to say your peace and your peace is right, everyone else is wrong.

Congratulations

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

I never claimed "identical" DNA.

Don't lie, what's the point of that?? Seriously.

Here is you saying exactly that:

Not only that, but, since Eve was cloned from Adam's rib, they would have shared identical DNA, and their offspring would have eventually died out from lack of diversity!

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

-The Bible teaches incest is wrong, but Adam and Eve's family had to have sex with one another.

Not only that, but, since Eve was cloned from Adam's rib, they would have shared identical DNA, and their offspring would have eventually died out from lack of diversity!

I don't even know why I'm answering this because I'm not a Creationists, but no because if they had identical DNA both would have been women. Or both would have been men. Obviously when God created Eve he changed something in there. One of those things he changed made Eve have a hoo ha and not a winky..

And if he changed that, who knows what else he changed with the DNA.
edit on 29-7-2013 by tinfoilman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Twins do share the same DNA, however chromosomes are often expressed differently.

In the case of identical twins, the cell division goes a little too far--the dividing cells split into two separate clusters, each one becoming a separate human being. However, since there was only one complete set of DNA to start with, there still is only one complete set to end with, just split among two human beings. They are, in every sense of the word, natural clones. Since identical twins have the same DNA, they will also look the same, except for differences due to postnatal experiences, e.g., tattoos and scars, diet, etc. www.straightdope.com...

Eve was NOT Adam's natural twin. She was cloned from Adam's rib.

Same thing with clones. With a horse (esp. if it is female and a trait is sex-linked) colors will be expressed differently. In female cells, there are 2 X-chromosomes. One of them shuts off, because it is not needed if there is another. Therefore, there will be some areas on a horse that express one X-chromosome (the brown) and another area that expresses the other X-chromosome (the white).
answers.yahoo.com...

Cloning is the creation of an organism that is an exact genetic copy of another. This means that every single bit of DNA is the same between the two! You might not believe it, but there are human clones among us right now. They weren't made in a lab, though: they're identical twins, created naturally. Below, we'll see how natural identical twins relate to modern cloning technologies.

In nature, twins occur just after fertilization of an egg cell by a sperm cell. In rare cases, when the resulting fertilized egg, called a zygote, tries to divide into a two-celled embryo, the two cells separate. Each cell continues dividing on its own, ultimately developing into a separate individual within the mother. Since the two cells came from the same zygote, the resulting individuals are genetically identical.
learn.genetics.utah.edu...

Adam and Eve shared the same DNA, according to the story and according to science. You can't get around that fact.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by tinfoilman

If God wanted Eve to have separate and different DNA, he wouldn't have made her from Adam's rib. He would have made her from dust, like he did with Adam. Scientifically speaking, she and Adam had to have shared the same DNA.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

As I thought, not much by way of what I didn't expect in a reply.

I know all about dispensations and the like.

Look I'll say this only once, but I'm not here to go back and forth in some sort of entertaining tennis match and bash for others amusement. It's fruitless and pointless. You have your beliefs and I have mine. I've said my position, and I suppose people already know about yours. Why keep going back and forth? There's too many threads going on for eons about it. I'm not here to make another such epic thread.

I've learned all to well that people don't accept the truth without being ready. I can't argue someone into opening their eyes, they have to open it themselves.

And likely if you've been on top of what the Bible says for all your life you can probably beat me on certain points because I haven't studied religion or the Bible in a long time. It's not going to be that fresh to me as you.

My main purpose on this thread was not to primarily introduce anything new that hasn't been said before, I already understand this.

My main purpose was

First, to get what I believe on record here on ATS.

Second, for those looking for the truth to start doing their own research into the matter.

Like I said on my other threads, I'm here to help but I'm not here to hold anyone's hands or babysit. And again, if eyes are closed they're closed regardless.

Everybody wants something for free nowadays too. Actually I should say that they want EVERYTHING for free. I'm not getting paid but I feel I'm putting my lifetime of research and life experiences into the most easily understood formats that I possibly can. And I"m not asking a penny for it. I think there are limits that one can do.

If you don't like it or don't agree, then fine. I hope you've looked at it critically with an open mind and hopefully you can see past the lies that TPTB have woven your entire lives.

There is an available alternative to Christianity and the Jesus God figure. And that is the REAL Creator. And you can talk to him anytime too. And you don't need a priest or any other man or woman.

I think the real Creator will ultimately have mercy on your souls, if you're not a hypocrite. He was patient with me for many years. But I wouldn't risk it if I were you.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

thanks, maybe

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Or perhaps he wanted them to have similar DNA so they could MATE, but not identical DNA. It's retarded to think a man and a women had identical DNA. That's like the dumbest thing I ever heard.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join