It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some tracks in the sand but not Rover tracks.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I want to show you some tracks I found recently. These do not appear to be made by the Rovers as there are no rover tracks in the foreground and on a barren, lifeless planet, there should be no other tracks apart from tracks made by the Earth rovers.

So what made these as I dont think they are made by rocks rolling down the slope?

The left hand tracks have no rock at the bottom so cannot possibly be caused by rolling rocks.

For the right hand track, in my opinion as a non-expert, it is far-fetched but possible that it could be argued this is caused by rocks rolling down the slope.

The link to the NASA original is here so Have a look at this and tell me if these are 2 sets of tracks or could they be made by something else?.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 28-7-2013 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

These tracks are side by side. Sand people always ride in single file to hide their numbers.

edit on 29-7-2013 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla
reply to post by qmantoo

These tracks are side by side. Sand people always ride in single file to hide their numbers.

A classic "debunker" and that's the best answer?

NO.

WTH is it?

"MOON PEOPLE"!!!! bwahahaha.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Those are obviously golf-cart tracks left by the Greys. That is the middle of their back 9. If you find 3-wheeler tracks, those are from the Reptilians they are always hot-dogging around.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Looks like its been raked.

Either the martians are doing some gardening, or its a studio set

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by playernumber13

I'm sorry you were deprived of the experience of ever watching a cultural cornerstone like Star Wars such that you don't get that quote.

Big hint: It's from Episode IV

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
The image made me think of the Sailing Stones of Death Valley.

Here is a cool thread about that odd phenomenon. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Maybe a similar anomaly?

I'm leaning towards those just being sand that formed that way, for whatever reason. If it was dozens of meters long it might be more convincing for an idea as to some of machines tracks left behind.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

I understand the reference. Do you have an explanation that isn't pretend?

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Simple: Wind.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Another weird stuff on Mars pic. I see a bunch of odd things on Mars that don't look like Earth.

How about that snake coming out of the rock just above the top yellow arrow? Oh, its just shading on a dune ripple. Or the crest of a small dune. Lot of "ripple-crests" apparent there.

Not "tracks".

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I see what you are talking about OP, it looks like something made that shape in the sand, also, does the sand look wet, or is that because the pic is so dark.

On a side note, if you look just below the left end of that big black rock where the arrows are, there is a white dot (sort of), around the bottom edge of it, it looks like some kind of legs, thats the best I can describe it.

There is also another strange looking object to the far right, if you draw a line to the right from the top edge the large black rock, its almost all the way to the right edge of the pic, It looks like a thin object with a distinct angle to it. its in the OPs large pic here, marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

Whenever someone puts up pics from mars, the first thing I do is look for what the OP is trying to point out, most of the time I see it, but then I go looking for more, especially with the larger pics, I have found some very strange looking things that you would think don't belong there at all.

Thanks for the great pic OP, I hope the rest of the can see what I pointed out.

PLEASE, no rude remarks if you dont see anything.

Peace

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by qmantoo
I want to show you some tracks I found recently. These do not appear to be made by the Rovers as there are no rover tracks in the foreground and on a barren, lifeless planet, there should be no other tracks apart from tracks made by the Earth rovers.

So what made these as I dont think they are made by rocks rolling down the slope?

The left hand tracks have no rock at the bottom so cannot possibly be caused by rolling rocks.

For the right hand track, in my opinion as a non-expert, it is far-fetched but possible that it could be argued this is caused by rocks rolling down the slope.

The link to the NASA original is here so Have a look at this and tell me if these are 2 sets of tracks or could they be made by something else?.

i like the way you presented your ideas this time, much better than your previous threads.. in my opinion though they look like tiny dust devil tracks if they aren't from rolling stones.

Many areas on Mars experience the passage of dust devils. A thin coating of fine bright dust covers most of the Martian surface. When a dust devil goes by it blows away the coating and exposes the underlying dark surface, which within a few weeks assumes its former bright colour, either from being re-covered through wind action or some form of oxidation through exposure to sunlight and air. Dust devils occur when the sun warms up the air near a flat, dry surface. The warm air then rises quickly through the cooler air and begins spinning while moving ahead. This spinning, moving cell may pick up dust and sand and leave behind a clean surface.

wikiwikiwah
edit on 29-7-2013 by tachyonmind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

qmantoo, 1 has encountered some interesting shares in some of your other threads here and encourages you keep up the effort
These images shared however may be made from what are called MARS Dust Devils or wind movement on the surface.

Dust particles become electrified in dust devils when they rub against each other as they are carried by the winds, transferring positive and negative electric charge in the same way you build up static electricity if you shuffle across a carpet. Scientists thought there would not be a high-voltage, large-scale electric field in dust devils because negatively charged particles would be evenly mixed with positively charged particles, so the overall electric charge in the dust devil would be in balance.

However, the team's observations indicate that smaller particles become negatively charged, while larger particles become positively charged. Dust devil winds carry the small, negatively charged particles high into the air, while the heavier, positively charged particles remain near the base of the dust devil. This separation of charges produces the large-scale electric field, like the positive and negative terminals on a battery. Since the electrified particles are in motion, and a magnetic field is just the result of moving electric charges, the dust devil generates a magnetic field also.

www.nasa.gov...

1 is not saying qmantoo that the shared data is the cause this is just my share.

NAMASTE*******
edit on 7/29/13 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   
They could be dust devils yes. Although I have a problem with dust devils, but I wont go into that here. I have not seen other localised dust devil tracks. Any references to these in MER images?
The other thing we need to consider about dust devils is that the right hand "track" starts near the top of the rise or dune.

I suspect that a dust devil (like a tornado) would actually move over the top of the rise and come down again a little way past the top of the hill. The same thing with the large rock on the left. the tracks seem to start right up close to the rock as far as I can see. Obviously I am not an expert in this, it is just a suggestion.

Also, as someone mentioned further up the thread, I do see the 'snake-like' thing sticking out of the top left rock on the top right of it. What springs to mind are sidewinder snakes in the desert. Could it be one of those perhaps? (thats if there is life on Mars of course!) There are other stick or snake-like wavy shapes in the MER images.

It might be smoke which I have spotted before. It is rather too wiggly for a snake but not sure what else it could be.

If it helps to determine what these tracks are or what made them, in the original official image there is a squarish black rock to the right of these tracks on a level with the bottom of the small ridge. There is another, more subtle track attached to this rectangular rock. If you need me to point it out I can, but the squarish black rock is fairly obvious as it is very rectangular and a little way to the right of these tracks I have shown.
edit on 29 Jul 2013 by qmantoo because: more tracks

The yellow oblong shows where I think there is possibly another track.

edit on 29 Jul 2013 by qmantoo because: add pic

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

Again posting pics with NO link for others to check no idea given of scale because you probably don't know seriously you really need to give more info.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Perhaps they are ripples in the sand caused by the wind?

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
For those wondering, the image in the OP was taken by Spirit's Panoramic camera on Sol 1869.

If you take a look at the link address:

marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/gallery/all/2/p/1869/2P292281357EFFB100P2359R2M1.JPG

Pay attention to where it says "/all/2/p/1869/".
The "2" indicates Spirit. The "p" indicates "Panoramic Camera" and the "1869" indicates the Sol.

Here is a link to all the raw pictures taken by Spirit's panoramic camera on Sol 1869. There are 2 images of the same area the OP has posted.

Here is a link that allows you to pick what camera from Spirit and what Sol to list images taken that day:

Spirit Raw Images Selection

OP, in the future, you might want to provide more than a single link to an image or images you find interesting, or at the very least, indicate WHICH rover, camera and Sol the image was taken on, so others may go look to see if there are more than one image of the area from different angles (which there is in this case), or images from the surrounding areas.

As for the OP's pic:

Looks way too smooth to be tracks from a rover or other machine. Looks more like fill from martial soil following the harder rock topography below them.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

Maybe it was made by that white sand-dollar looking thing that seems to have 4 appendages showing.
Just about the same width.
It is about half way up on left around 1/4 the way in.
Do you see what I see?

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Rocks.
Oh yeah, and wind.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join