It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some tracks in the sand but not Rover tracks.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Again posting pics with NO link for others to check no idea given of scale because you probably don't know seriously you really need to give more info.

As I said, the of the additional 'track' is in the original URL link given just to the right of the cut image in the first post.

I can give it again if you dont want to go to the first post, but Erik has done so above. here it is - in case you miss it again

yes, I should have given the full information about the photo.
I am used to using my own website to search for similar images and to decode the name for MER photos, so I did not think to do it for others.

In case it is helpful (here is a link) which has a search facility and shows thumbnails (edged in purple if they are half-size) as well as a name decode, and sol conversion (which I hope is correct). For example you can search and see 16 thumbnails for a particular filter, sol, site, camera etc and it remembers the date of the last thumbnail displayed so you can go to get the next 16. You still have to click on the rover name again though.

view to the left of this area
view to the area under discussion
view to the right of this area

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

sure because whatever made those tracks appeared out of thin air to travel a few meters, then disappear.

sure.

get a life, stop wasting forum space and peoples time with these stupid rock pictures.

NASA will not release anything not meticulously combed for anomalies.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   
More tracks but this time they appear to be 'connected' to rocks, so I wonder if the wind is blowing the rocks similar to the moving rocks in the deser on earth. If so, then this would account for some of the instances but not all. We still have to explain the track without a rock anywhere near the end of it.

on the left hand side of this image one track is somehow connected to the larger rock on the left and towards the camera. There are another couple attached to the two smaller rocks a little to the right of that one.

It looks like some going UP the slope behind the foreground dune because there is a rock at the top end of the track.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by qmantoo
More tracks but this time they appear to be 'connected' to rocks, so I wonder if the wind is blowing the rocks similar to the moving rocks in the deser on earth. If so, then this would account for some of the instances but not all. We still have to explain the track without a rock anywhere near the end of it.

on the left hand side of this image one track is somehow connected to the larger rock on the left and towards the camera. There are another couple attached to the two smaller rocks a little to the right of that one.

It looks like some going UP the slope behind the foreground dune because there is a rock at the top end of the track.

As you have been told on another of your threads the wind can't move rocks due to the density of the atmosphere but that could be the result of the wind blowing over the rocks and moving the dust/soil behind them.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   
yes, could be. However on one dune - the farthest one, the rock is at the top and on the other dune -the one in front the rock is at the bottom which is strange. anyway. Thanks for your comments and suggestions.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
If we dont question the things which are strange about these Mars images, then we will not find out about this strange place. NASA are not really helping this process as they often do not comment on the strangest items and leave it up to their proponents to bully those questioners into submission.

This time there are tracks which are not parallel. All of the other tracks from the rovers are parallel because there are 2 sets of wheels, one on each side, but these ones shown go off at a strange tangent and are quite unlike the ones we normally see from the Mars images.

What could cause that?

wmd_2008

As you have been told on another of your threads the wind can't move rocks due to the density of the atmosphere but that could be the result of the wind blowing over the rocks and moving the dust/soil behind them.
I can see how this may be an explanation if there was rock then track but not where there is track and then rock. How do you account for the first picture where this is so?
edit on 2 Aug 2013 by qmantoo because: answer to wmd_2008

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

You know that Spirit was dragging one wheel, right?
www.jpl.nasa.gov...

You are seeing two sets of parallel tracks. If you look carefully you can see that.

Correction. I didn't check the date of the image. This is prior to the wheel problem. But it is two sets of tracks. A nice panorama available here shows the layout. The rover performed a tight "S" turn.
www.nasa.gov...

If you're wondering why:

On Sol 1843 (March 10, 2009), Spirit tried yet again to conquer the modest northeastern slope at Home Plate. “We'd been struggling to get off these little fingers that jut off the northeastern part of Home Plate,” Arvidson recalled. But the loose powdery sand coating the slope ultimately denied the five-driving-wheel rover any significant progress up the slope.

www.planetary.org...
edit on 8/2/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Phage

But it is two sets of tracks
could you point out the matching pair to the one which goes off at a tangent please?

<< 1   >>

join